Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW 36 the final dgw

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Figueroa Kone Silva Bale Mata Hart - will have these 6 for the DGW - hoping my Wigan duo might be actually a bit of a differential they're scrapping for their lives and have actually been playing well lately. Bale as Capt. is a no-brainer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

At the moment I have Zabaleta, Bale and Michu, with another three free transfers between now and GW36.

Going to keep an eye on how Chelsea line out and bring in either Hazard/Mata or Lampard for Cazorla. Then I'll swap Evra for Vertonghen, and Federici for Robles (only if he looks set to play both games). Giving me 6 for the DGW.

Then I'll look at 4 point hits for one or two of the following:

Harte -> Dawson
    Lambert -> Tevez
    Benteke -> Kone

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Aside from somebody like Michu or Bale I don't think this DGW really yields much opportunity unlike the last one. With Man City in the FA cup final, the only way to really get points out of them would be for United to slip up. Chelsea play United and Spurs. Both will probably end up 1-1 or so, not really free-scoring big games like last season. Plus Chelsea have the europa league too. So many rotation possibilities could see a lot of people getting burned.

I have Bale and Dawson and will of course keep my eye on form but the real winners could come from the teams with one match. I guess picking up an extra point or 2 is always handy but taking hits for this GW could get messy. In GW 37 Wigan play Arsenal away, Swansea play United away, Spurs play Stoke away (stoke could be well and truly in the mire at that stage and who would bet against them playing 10 at the back, with Crouch getting a jammy winner).

Chelsea play Villa away and City play Reading away which seem like decent matches but both are away once again and Villa and both are scrapping while the big boys will have some element of fatigue. Anyway my point is that it may not be wise to get too wrapped up in the dgw, look at how many were complaining after this past one.

Having said all that I'm now looking at getting in Michu, Mata/Hazard and a defender if not Tevez or Ba.....just shows how fickle my mind can be at times in relation to FF :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

GW 36 will be the Quarterfinals of the Head to Head leagues. What would be the moral implications of making 6-7 scored transfers on Week 35 to have a whole team worth of DG'ers in GW36? Noting the fact that the team in question has already reached the QFs and his Week 35 opponent is also in a dead rubber situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Santi101

I really like City's games in the run-in...Tevez is on my hitlist but the FA Cup final is a major obstacle.

SAT West Ham (h)
    SAT Swansea (a)
    TUES WBA (h)
    SAT WIGAN FA C FINAL
    TUES Reading (a)
    SAT Norwich (h)

Lovely games it has to be said. The risky games you would think are WBA and Reading either side of the final....would be a shame if Tevez was rotated for either as there's potential for pts there but it's also quite likely IMO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Skippy44

Santi101 wrote: »
    I really like City's games in the run-in...Tevez is on my hitlist but the FA Cup final is a major obstacle.

SAT West Ham (h)
    SAT Swansea (a)
    TUES WBA (h)
    SAT WIGAN FA C FINAL
    TUES Reading (a)
    SAT Norwich (h)

Lovely games it has to be said. The risky games you would think are WBA and Reading either side of the final....would be a shame if Tevez was rotated for either as there's potential for pts there but it's also quite likely IMO.

My plan was to bring in Aguero, looked sharp against Man U and Chelsea, his hamstring may have scuppered that idea tho. Tevez may be the answer, I might take a punt on Dzeko, who should profit game-time wise if Mancini decides to protect Aguero for the cup final. In 4th in a money league (paid to 3rd) so might as well fail miserably or win a few quid trying to outguess Mancini:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Devia

Dzeko is on his way out I'd say. Tevez on the other hand is getting solid gametime recently so reckon he's nailed on to feature for the remainder of the season. I'll be getting him in anyway.

Are people really stocking up for this DGW?

Struggling to see too many that are worth going out of my way for. I have 5 already, but will have 6 players. Wigan and WBA dont exactly scream out at me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,341 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Struggling to see too many that are worth going out of my way for. I have 5 already, but will have 6 players. Wigan and WBA dont exactly scream out at me.

I'm getting in the obvious ones.

Bale, obviously.
    Tevez in for Suarez.
    Mata in for Santi, as I don't want to not have Mata for the DGW.

I already have Clichy (tho not confident on him getting 180mins), Dawson and Michu. Also have Lampard, but might dump him for Bale.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 499 ✭✭Roonbox

All the doubles Gameweeks this season have worked out, I will be loading up on players galore

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

ramires 6.2 as a one off DGW punt could be a good shout. Pretty much guaranteed to play the two games with the potential to play as one of the advanced 3 midfielders (more than likely away to utd).

ramires 6.2 as a one off DGW punt could be a good shout. Pretty much guaranteed to play the two games with the potential to play as one of the advanced 3 midfielders (more than likely away to utd).

He could be the Arteta of this DGW. Was thinking about him myself but with Mata I reckon 1 Chelsea mid is enough. I may have plucked this out of nowhere and please treat it as such but I think he's scored a few against United?

He could be the Arteta of this DGW. Was thinking about him myself but with Mata I reckon 1 Chelsea mid is enough. I may have plucked this out of nowhere and please treat it as such but I think he's scored a few against United?

He scored against them in the cup a few wks back not sure about other games.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭moreau

Wow, never thought of him, is there any stone you don't leave unturned!:pac:

He is well able to break from deep, but just not attacking enough for me...

good result last night for those of us with chelsea players. Benitez wont need to prioritise next weeks 2nd leg should be able to rest a couple of players so I expect to see the likes of hazard, mata play the 2 games in the double.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

Evra (1 game) or Dawson (2 games)?

Neither will keep a single clean sheet so it's 2pts vs 4pts, although with Evra there is the potential for goals/assists...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

OctavarIan wrote: »
    Evra (1 game) or Dawson (2 games)?

Neither will keep a single clean sheet so it's 2pts vs 4pts, although with Evra there is the potential for goals/assists...

I'd give Spurs a good chance of a cleanie against Southampton, and while Dawson hasn't looked like scoring too often this year he has been dangerous in the past, as long as he's in the team there's a chance, if I still had Evra I'd be cashing in this week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭jam08

Have Davies, Mata, Michu, Bale, Tevez and now Lukaku in for the DGW. Hardly worth me taking a 4pt hit to get someone else in, maybe in defence?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

f64f5402e053690f81fdbe323eb939df.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

swoody wrote: »

not sure i'd bench RVP, i'd start him ahead of olsson or dawson even with the dgw, that's just me though.

• Advertisement

I'd bench Olsson over RVP. If wigan score and you have their 2 main men not much point in having him starting. Even if RVP got 20 minutes he's as likely to score anyway. If you don't play him just sell him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Silva or Yaya?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,341 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Slattsy wrote: »
    Silva or Yaya?

Silva.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,820 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Anyone else facing up to the reality of benching RVP? have 5 mids on a DGW with 2 front men the same...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

dahat wrote: »
    Anyone else facing up to the reality of benching RVP? have 5 mids on a DGW with 2 front men the same...

i specifically kept anichebe to avoid this situation, easy to bench him. i have walcott too who doesn't have a dgw but away to qpr i don't want to bench him.

I really think you'll see a similar team to yesterday for the chelsea game and then for the last 2 the rotation will kick in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,104 ✭✭✭G1032

Who would you drop out of these 4 players for GW36

RVP, Santi, Maloney or Kone

Also is it really worth a 4 point hit to bring in Vertonghen for Enrique?

Michu doing much in recent weeks? Havent caught much Swansea highlights lately...hoping for one more productive GW from him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Michu doing much in recent weeks? Havent caught much Swansea highlights lately...hoping for one more productive GW from him.

Swansea haven't won in six games I think is the stat. No matter what people say, it has to be hard motivating a team when they have nothing to play for.

They're safe, have Europa League football next season and have won a cup - an unbelievable season for them and little incentive left for players to push that bit extra.

Lemlin wrote: »
    Swansea haven't won in six games I think is the stat. No matter what people say, it has to be hard motivating a team when they have nothing to play for.

They're safe, have Europa League football next season and have won a cup - an unbelievable season for them and little incentive left for players to push that bit extra.
    ye they have the worst form in the league since the cup win which a few of us predicted would happen.

• Advertisement

Seems like Michu is still amongst the chances anyway. See how he does over the DGW but I'll probably hang onto him til the end....Fellaini out looks a bigger priority to move out and there's not a load of quality options in that 8m bracket.....Lampard, Yaya, Nasri...maybe cheaper with Sess or Pienaar. First 3 all have some negative pts(Lamps rotation, Toure often playing deeper, Nasri terribly inconsistent, can do nothing for months).

Advertisement