Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cant get past joining server

Options
  • 11-04-2013 3:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 54,197 ✭✭✭✭

So I have reinstalled BF3. I asked a friend to download BF3 updates for me because id be waiting for an age to download them with my 3mb broadband

What I did was move the BF3 folder from my usb key to origin download folder and for some reason there was a download of 5-6hrs still but that is small compared to what it usually is

So im launching the game and I get stuck on joining server

any idea what is up?

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Hmm not sure man, id suggest reinstall and download everything to your own machine as per usual with origin, moved files around like you done is never 100% guaranteed what with file structures etc.
    What you done maybe should work but never a guarantee.
    Let it dload overnight id say and be done by morning.

Ofcours i could be wrong and it could be something simple like firewall or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,197 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I slightly fixed it

I had to repair the installation. Downloaded 100mb of stuff but that didnt work and I found out it was MOH causing the trouble, origin had moh running in the background for unknown reasons, I unistalled that and im able to play now

Still do its slow enough to actually join a game. I know an ssd would help but I doubt it shouldnt be this slow on a hard drive

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Im about 5-6 seconds loading a map.
    HDD should be about 20-25 maybe?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

First time loading takes me up to a minute. Closing and rejoining etc is much quicker.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Actually, what kind of RAM have you got? Loading times are not only dependant on HDD but on the RAM also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54,197 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Headshot wrote: »

When it's 'Joining Server' open up task manager and check if BF3.exe is present. If it is check to see if it's loading into the RAM or if the RAM allocation is static.

Advertisement