Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arklow Broadband

• 11-04-2013 3:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Hi

I need to get broadband at home for work reasons. Eircom will put in a landline for free if Isign up to a year contract. The 8mb unlimited is 35 per month for 6 months beforerising to 50. I think you get a wireless modem included. I don’t want a phoneor calls but it seems you have to get this as well. I have the Vodafone dongleat present but it’s far too unreliable.

I’ve booked the technician to come and put the line in.

Does anyone have this service in Arklow ? how good is itetc?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

I have digiweb 30mb wireless broadband and find it brilliant and very reliable. In getting about 20mb actual download speed so it's very fast.

Depends on where you are whether you can get it or not as there needs to be a clear line our site to the base station which is on the water tower up at Woodlands (I think).

I'm paying about €40 for broadband and telephone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

we have eircom 8mb a while now. never had any problems with it. in lamberton

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

Knockenrahan: pure muck. 2mb-5mb depending on the weather. 3 manage to provide better consistently. a ton of VDSL cabinets are being installed at the moment so we'll be looking at up to 70mbps come December in the town.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 NewArklow2012

Thanks everyone for the info

Advertisement