Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheapxboxlivecodes

Options
  • 11-04-2013 4:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭

Tried buying some points there. There's a new thing now that you have to enter your Paypal ID {email address} after clicking checkout...seems odd?

Also, Paypal then bounced an error back saying that there was something wrong with the vendors Paypal account & they couldn't accept payments. I wonder are they gone?

Anywhere else reputable that I can buy points?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

EnterNow wrote: »
    Tried buying some points there. There's a new thing now that you have to enter your Paypal ID {email address} after clicking checkout...seems odd?

Also, Paypal then bounced an error back saying that there was something wrong with the vendors Paypal account & they couldn't accept payments. I wonder are they gone?

I just bought some points off them last Thursday - it took almost a full week and three e-mails to them, but I got the points eventually - so they do seem to be still around.

There are a couple of decent threads on here with suggestions of alternatives (http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055846688)

Also, Gamesnash.ie offer them at a reasonable price too for e-mail delivery (http://gamesnash.ie/xbox-accessories-and-points-c-60_70/?zenid=qc7h7ap3vn3ssqvti0mqt7bcq1)

Hope that helps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Thats great, used https://www.gamepointsnow.com/ that I seen in the link you posted - worked perferctly :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Bit of a strange error to get....

I got 800 points off them last week no hassle, and a year sub a few days before that....

I know there was another crowd who were scammers, tried scamming my missus and successfully scammed a mate of mine for a 2100 point card, cant remember the name off hand - may have been instant live codes or something similar....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

Fieldog wrote: »
    Bit of a strange error to get....

I got 800 points off them last week no hassle, and a year sub a few days before that....

I know there was another crowd who were scammers, tried scamming my missus and successfully scammed a mate of mine for a 2100 point card, cant remember the name off hand - may have been instant live codes or something similar....

think its this site you are think of..scaming sods!!

http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2056905128/1#post83714094

edit:now callin themself instant ms points..or
    instants points

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Thats great, used https://www.gamepointsnow.com/ that I seen in the link you posted - worked perferctly :)

I typed in my mobile number with the 0 at the start, as it only asked me to omit the Country Code.
    i.e. i typed in my number in the format 087 1234567

I have clicked on the email, and then on "Call me now"... and nothing. :confused:

Been waiting almost ten minutes.
    Stuck here
    You will now receive a text message to +353 087#######. A four digit code will be given to you - please input this code below, and click 'Finish' to receive your points.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Allyall wrote: »
    I typed in my mobile number with the 0 at the start, as it only asked me to omit the Country Code.
    i.e. i typed in my number in the format 087 1234567

I have clicked on the email, and then on "Call me now"... and nothing. :confused:

Been waiting almost ten minutes.
    Stuck here

You'd have to drop the 0 as well so that could be the problem. So your number should be entered as 861234567

How you can fix that now, I don't know.

Also I assume that's you number in the quote so you may want to edit that.

Orim wrote: »
    You'd have to drop the 0 as well so that could be the problem. So your number should be entered as 861234567

How you can fix that now, I don't know.

I'll have to try contact them. Thanks.

EDIT..

Can't. AAAagghhhh... This is really frustrating, especially if it is just the zero.. :mad:
    Please enter your mobile phone number without international prefix and click the PayPal button below
    Phone number:
    I thought International prefix was 00353 or +353..?

So i left that bit out, and typed 087#######.
    Now getting
    You will now receive a text message to +353 087#######. A four digit code will be given to you - please input this code below, and click 'Finish' to receive your points.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

The international prefix is 00353 but when you're dialling a number you drop the zero so it's 00353871234567.

I don't know the mechanics behind it but I know it works.

Orim wrote: »
    The international prefix is 00353 but when you're dialling a number you drop the zero so it's 00353871234567.

I don't know the mechanics behind it but I know it works.

Sorted.. :D:D

It was frustrating, pinging around on their website. But i fired off an email, and received a reply in 2 minutes..

That was quick!. Especially as it states on their site, that they are only open until 4:30pm. :D
    Hi

Please try again. I think the problem has been resolved

Sorry for any inconvenience caused
    GamePointsNow

We hope this response has sufficiently answered your questions. If not, please do not send another email. Instead, reply to this email.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

I put in my number as 085xxxxxxx & got the code within minutes. It added the prefix codes itself

• Advertisement
Advertisement