Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sky broadband- sky network areas only?

• 11-04-2013 5:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,530 ✭✭✭

It appears that SKY BB launched officially today but in their ad or at the very bottom in minute print as per usual it says " IN SKY NETWORKS AREAS ONLY" my caps.

What is a sky network area and how do I find out if I am in one???

This is like UPC a big ad etc but then .... sorry not available in your area!!

Could be a lot of hacked off people.

gbc

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 813 ✭✭✭IrishStuff09

Its available wherever you can get Eircom Broadband, because its all the same lines. (DSL)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,530 ✭✭✭swoofer

thanks, I checked a few lines and yes its available. must be some legal jargon.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

Its available anywhere with DSL. It would be less I believe where BT have a connection in the exchange.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭iPhone.

I did a number of line checks on the sky website to see what the story would be for me changing over to them, according to the line test results which I have carried out on different days over a period of time my line with Sky would only be capable of approx half the speed I currently get on my line!!

Advertisement