Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Registering a business name.

Options
  • 11-04-2013 5:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭

Hi folks,

A friend is starting up a new business. He's had conflicting reports on the price of registering a company name with the CRO. He won't be trading as his own name so needs to register the business.

Has anyone an idea of the cost of registering a business name? Is it a pretty straight forward process?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭galwayjohn89

barrier86 wrote: »
    Hi folks,

A friend is starting up a new business. He's had conflicting reports on the price of registering a company name with the CRO. He won't be trading as his own name so needs to register the business.

Has anyone an idea of the cost of registering a business name? Is it a pretty straight forward process?

It's €20 as far as I remember.

Fill out a form online, print, sign and send it off with payment. Job done

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭barrier86

Vuzuggu wrote: »
    It's €20 as far as I remember.

Fill out a form online, print, sign and send it off with payment. Job done

Cheers for that. There were various companies offering to do the service but charged a whole lot more than 20 quid.

barrier86 wrote: »
    Cheers for that. There were various companies offering to do the service but charged a whole lot more than 20 quid.

For a simple thing as registering a trading name there is no need to go with a company, I nearly made that mistake when I started off.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭NoQuarter

Registering a business name and registering a company are two different things. Read the differences on the CRO website.

I'd imagine those services do more than just register the name; drafting the memorandum and articles of association etc.

• Advertisement
Advertisement