Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why i still enjoy BC2

Options
  • 11-04-2013 6:13pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭

This video sums up perfectly pretty much what aspects of BC2 i prefer over BF3,i couldnt have said it better myself.

Apart from what levelcap mentions here i just have to mention the M1 Garand, man i love playing with that thing, such a challenge but so so rewarding.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭Ciano35

Ah yes the M1 Garand is class, always use it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

BC2 suffered with the small amount of players, other than that decent game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Much better game than Battlefield 3 IMO.
    I'd choose it over BF3 every time if there was people still playing it on PS3.

I really miss those maps... and the destruction.
    Sniping was far more enjoyable too. I just can't be bothered sniping in BF3.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

I have had and still have reservations about the game. I have a few issues with Bad Company 2.

- Some of the map design is questionable. Rush is quite poor on some of the maps.
    - Recoil is very little across a multitude of guns
    - I remember when they nerfed slugs. It's STILL overpowered, it's ridiculous.
    - Map sizes are too large for the limited players on them (32)

Other than that I still think it's a good game. I had more satisfaction in the vehicles in BC2 than I do in BF3 (to an extent). The spread of choices in guns in BC2 was also great. M1 Garand springs to mind indeed. Love the weapon. Vietnam was a great expansion to the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭TheTacticsGuy

I was obsessed with BC2 on the xbox, loved sniping. Bought BF3 for the xbox and couldn't snipe at all, but I can't say the same thing about sniping in BF3 for the PC, after a bit of practise you'll get the hang of it.

I hoped for a Bf3 version of Arica and it never came, I'd go back to BC2 if there were more players.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭Ciano35

Vietnam was a brilliant expansion.

That feeling when you get in the chopper as a gunner and head towards the enemy with Ride of the Valkyries playing = :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

Arica Harbour is a great map, only wish some of these classic maps could be brought onto BF3, like the way BF2 maps were.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭TheTacticsGuy

Lord Nikon wrote: »
    Arica Harbour is a great map, only wish some of these classic maps could be brought onto BF3, like the way BF2 maps were.

Agreed :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

I gave it a go last night after reading this thread. I was loving it but the numbers just kept dwindling as the games went on.

8 v 8 becomes 2 v 1 in no time. I forgot how annoying it is having to wait for the next round to start before you can get out of a lobby. That's one thing I definitely don't miss.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Hundreds of full servers on PC lastnight :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Hercule

for me, BC2 was a pile of **** and BF3 improved upon it in almost every count I can think of

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Hercule wrote: »
    for me, BC2 was a pile of **** and BF3 improved upon it in almost every count I can think of

Did you watch the video by any chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

Dcully wrote: »
    Hundreds of full servers on PC lastnight :)

BC2 sale on Steam recently seems to have kicked some life back into it, ive been on it a good bit for the past week.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

BC2 all the way for me, I just checked my xfire and I have 640 hours in BC2 and 34 in BF3, I think we lost a lot in BF3 and I wont be getting BF4 as I think we may loose even more........

• Registered Users Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

I was playing BC2 last night and I had a great time. Only problem was having to assign my G35 keys to be able to play. Nothing worse than going to get into a vehicle and end up throwing a nade at it and blowing yourself up.

My KD was woeful after the first 90 minutes, but then I got into a great routine on Arica Harbour.

Infact, one of the best Rush matches I had was a 2v2 on the map with the stranded ship(can't think of the name).

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Hercule

Dcully wrote: »
    Did you watch the video by any chance?

yes, almost all of it.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

The problem with BF3 for me was that it has far too many bull**** moments compared to BC2. The awful consequences of large variations in player latencies coupled with client side hit detection results in far too many bendy bullets.

Also I miss the destruction. There was nothing quite like leveling a town in BC2.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭allybhoy

I loved BC2, but i distinctly remember (on this forum) when it came out people were ranting about it saying it was crap compared to BF2 and 1943 etc. Wonder will all the BF3 haters say the same when BF4 comes out.

My personal opinion is that BF3 is a superior game, however I do think the calibre of player has changed slightly. In BC2 there were more players mic'd up and willing to work as a squad and PTO, bar the odd lone wolf sniper. I would imagine that is simply down to the fact there are a lot more players playing BF3 then there ever was playing BC2 and for a lot of these new players its their first Battlefield experience and are more used to run and gun FPS's such as COD

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

allybhoy wrote: »
    I loved BC2, but i distinctly remember (on this forum) when it came out people were ranting about it saying it was crap compared to BF2 and 1943 etc. Wonder will all the BF3 haters say the same when BF4 comes out.

My personal opinion is that BF3 is a superior game, however I do think the calibre of player has changed slightly. In BC2 there were more players mic'd up and willing to work as a squad and PTO, bar the odd lone wolf sniper. I would imagine that is simply down to the fact there are a lot more players playing BF3 then there ever was playing BC2 and for a lot of these new players its their first Battlefield experience and are more used to run and gun FPS's such as COD

Ah in fairness, the BF2 crowd have been moaning about pretty much every game since. ;)

Obviously BF3 is in many ways a superior product to the previous games, particularity from a technical stand point. There are subjective problems with the game as a whole - the above video demonstrates that very well.

For me, much of the novelty of BF3 was the higher damage weapons. I remember in the beta a team mate coming around the corner and taking my entire squad by reflex and just standing there in shock at the horror he was responsible for.

Since the games release it seems that the game has been balanced to lower that kind of damage and there are few servers with friendly fire. This can result in an increasingly bland experience. C4 dirt bikes have probably been the most fun to have come out of all the expansions. Even the AC130 was pretty dull.

Advertisement