Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Child seats - regulations

Options
  • 12-04-2013 11:17pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Just been trying to work out the ins and outs of car seat regulations / safety.

My son is only 8 (well in a couple of weeks) but is already 4ft 6 and as far as I can work out according to the regulations, he only has to use child seat / booster up to 4ft 5 or age 12 which ever is reached first.

Now I have the high back Graco seat in the car, it separates into a booster seat as well. up to now I have managed to keep him in the full seat, but he is complaining that he feels like a baby in it.

Does anyone know if there is any difference safety wise at his age between using the high back seat or just the booster by itself? I want to make an informed decision before opening my mouth... as it is he thinks he has to stay in the seat, but I don't want to make him feel/look like a baby if its going to make no difference to his safety.
    Failed to load the poll.

Advertisement