Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Student Travel Card

• 11-04-2013 6:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭

Hiya folks, i just send off an application for Student Travel Card. I was just wondering when i should expect to receive the student travel card?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,781 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Joshycat wrote: »
    Hiya folks, i just send off an application for Student Travel Card. I was just wondering when i should expect to receive the student travel card?

Within a week, they are quick and this is a low time of year for applications.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Joshycat

Jamie2k9 wrote: »
    Within a week, they are quick and this is a low time of year for applications.

Another question, do you have to have the student travel card with you when you go into to the Dublin Bus Ticket Office to buy Student 30 Day Ramblers?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 idoliketurtles

you do need it for purchase from dublin bus office. but go to your local spar and grab one, if they question the purchase at all, a regular valid student id will work

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,523 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Joshycat wrote: »
    Another question, do you have to have the student travel card with you when you go into to the Dublin Bus Ticket Office to buy Student 30 Day Ramblers?
    You need the number from the card to use the ticket, so no use in buying the ticket first. If caught with ticket and the wrong / no ID, they'll take your ticket (until you produce ID) **and** fine you. That's €91.50 + €100.

You can buy the tickets from most Dublin Bus agents. http://www.dublinbus.ie/en/Fares--Tickets/Ticket-Agents/

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭syndrome777

hi,
    not to open a new thread, can you pls tell me where can i buy the 30 day student ticket for only green luas line?

the machine on the luas stop sells only for both...and i don't need that, and on luas web says that you can buy only for the green line

tyvm :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 349 ✭✭shy-tall-knight

hi,
    not to open a new thread, can you pls tell me where can i buy the 30 day student ticket for only green luas line?

the machine on the luas stop sells only for both...and i don't need that, and on luas web says that you can buy only for the green line

tyvm :)

Probably in your Students Union shop, afaik the SU shop in Trinity sell Luas tickets(used to when I was there). Was also cheaper to buy them there than from the machine.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭syndrome777

Probably in your Students Union shop, afaik the SU shop in Trinity sell Luas tickets(used to when I was there). Was also cheaper to buy them there than from the machine.

tried there the same day i got my travel card
    but not only that they didn't have the single line ones, they didn't have the luas separately either

they only had the one covering both luas lines and a bus, which is 95€ and which I don't need at all :D

but thanks :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,076 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

Try one of the ticket agents.

Look them up at http://www.luas.ie/ticket-outlets/

Advertisement