Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WildStar

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,063 ✭✭✭BKtje

We have a good mix of classes? I'm not sure what to roll so could in theory till something we need.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 921 ✭✭✭delta36

BKtje wrote: »
    We have a good mix of classes? I'm not sure what to roll so could in theory till something we need.

Going by memory some people here have mentioned rolling spellslingers/medics/stalkers. That's not a full list though, and most classes can fill two roles as well so I don't think it's critical to make sure we have all classes being played by boardsies.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Companion box

Need warriors

My default was going to be a warrior so all works out perfectly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

FFs, I am so tempted to push the trigger.... Where does eveyone get it from? Any cheaper deals around?

I am not sure if I will bother buying it this week though, as I am invited to Birthday Party and most likely I will drink my fecking face off. :pac: Then back to work on Monday :(.

If I will go for this, then most likely I will go for healer.

Green man gaming has it for 25% off with promo code that you can find on around page 29 of this thread. 36 euro for standard I think

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Then back to work on Tuesday :(.

Ah i love bank holidays! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Openside11

There was some manner of server test run earlier today that i got wind of from twitter and so i managed to log-on for an hour. I have to say the one thing that truly stood out was the combat felt very reactive and engaging compared to other MMOs i've played. Cant wait for the head-start on the 31st now

Kiith wrote: »
    Ah i love bank holidays! :D

I work on bank holidays. If one of your kids will say: "I want to be a Chef, when I grow up", then give him the hardest slap you manage. Trust me, its for his own good! :pac:

Any big deal in Deluxe edition? Or just a few cosmetic things, that are rubbish anyway? It works out 36eu on GMG. I am so god damn tempted!

• Advertisement

20140312233122a0dqdfuej2hqpneg.jpg

You can actually buy a digital upgrade for €15. So get it from G2Play for €33, and add an extra €15 for the digital deluxe if you want the above items.

Actually, you can just buy the digital edition for €48 from G2Play.

Servers are online now btw.

Damn you project. Why are you not finished yet arghhh

Servers are online now btw.

You wont be able to play it until saturday anyway, righT?

Thats me right now...
    dougal-button-o.gif

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Ill gladly take a 7 day pass if any spare please.

• Advertisement

You wont be able to play it until saturday anyway, righT?

No, it was playable earlier. They are doing some last minute stress tests during the week, in preparation for launch. Still online from what i can see.

It's the beta though, so your characters won't save for launch.

Ok, i'm back to a Medic now. Had a brief go tonight, and quite enjoyed it. Will be interesting to see how it handles healing.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Damn,I'm really tempted by again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Dcully wrote: »
    Ill gladly take a 7 day pass if any spare please.

You can have one of mine if you like. No sweat. You have to commit to levelling to at least 20 though as that's when the fun starts. Epic dungeons! :P
    Ok, i'm back to a Medic now. Had a brief go tonight, and quite enjoyed it. Will be interesting to see how it handles healing.

I'm going Medic too. Bottom of the damage list and hardest of the three healers due to focus management. Don't care. Like the way they play. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Deeply tempted by this. Just trying to decide whether I want to go into a subscription MMO.

• Advertisement

Subscription MMO's are the best type.

Free to play MMO's aren't built around content, they are built around micro transactions. They don't make new content...they make new hats. The subscription model is based around keeping you paying month by month so it means that have to care about the state of their game.

Plus because its behind a pay wall, you have a nicer community. You still have assholes....there is no escaping them. But you have less of them because a troll is less likely to part with his money. You only have to look at the sort of truly, truly toxic player base surrounding free to play MOBA's like League of Legends for an example of this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

I fully agree Kirby. It's just easier to convince yourself to give a f2p a go since it doesn't really matter if it isn't your thing, it just costs a few hours. The communities in f2p games are horrible though.

Kirby wrote: »
    You can have one of mine if you like. No sweat. You have to commit to levelling to at least 20 though as that's when the fun starts. Epic dungeons! :P

I'm going Medic too. Bottom of the damage list and hardest of the three healers due to focus management. Don't care. Like the way they play. :)

Yeah i got to 20 in the beta, i just dont want to buy right now as an MMO in the summer doesnt fit well with me at times :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭Cina

It is quite annoying that it's coming out shortly before the bleedin' World Cup starts! Although I guess it means I won't be rushing to 50, anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

its great for me cause i hate football woop woop

ow and i think hazzak might be a queue fest since its the only English pvp server >_<

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

This is on my radar. Ironically I've been in the closed beta and never even played it. I was completely put off by the over-the-topic comedy and art style. What really changed my opinion was a DevTalk video showing Raids. I know my guild (Heresy) are going in at launch, so if the game takes off I'll jump on too. Having gone from WoW to RIFT to SWTOR to GW2 to ESO (beta) and back to WoW all because the populations of the previous games have all dropped rastically after launch I'm playing this one like a ninja and waiting it out!

Servers are online again tonight. Last chance to play around with it before launch on Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭LuckyCharms

Getting the No Valid Wildstar game account found for Europe Datacenter. Can anyone shed some light on this?

Would servers go up tonight lads or some time tomorrow morning? Can you preload it? If you get from GMG, will you get key instantly?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

What do you mean preload it? i have it installed already?

• Advertisement

What race combo is everyone going?

Calhoun wrote: »
    What do you mean preload it? i have it installed already?

I mean download it right now. Before it goes live for 3 day head start?

Yup you can download it right away. Never played beta but have it installed and patched

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Andy Gravity

I mean download it right now. Before it goes live for 3 day head start?

Once you setup your acount you'll see a download link so you can be ready for early access on Sat morning.

If you order from GmG you'll get your key pretty fast.

Getting the No Valid Wildstar game account found for Europe Datacenter. Can anyone shed some light on this?

You need to set up a subscription

What race combo is everyone going?

Human (or whatever the Exile version is called) Medic for me.

Human (or whatever the Exile version is called) Medic for me.

I think i am going cat person/spell slinger looks bad ass and i love dps/healing combo. I play a shaman in wow so not sure if anything like it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Just watched the launch trailer for this.

And eh..... wow.

Colour me interested

I think i am going cat person/spell slinger looks bad ass and i love dps/healing combo. I play a shaman in wow so not sure if anything like it.

Gonna roll spellslinger human. When I get time for it will also roll a Mechari, caus they look badass.
    Have learned before never to play the "small" races in MMOs, because you get an awesome armor set or weapon, and you can hardly see them!

• Advertisement

Mordeshi look cool as fook, space zombie elfs ftw

Lone Stone wrote: »
    Mordeshi look cool as fook, space zombie elfs ftw

Damn, I had actually forgotten about them! Guess I'll leave it to sleep deprived me to decide in the morning!

Small characters feel like they move much quicker though. I remember going from an Asura to a Charr in Guild Wars 2, and it felt like a freight train.

so umm we all (or majority) going the same faction? Exiles is it?

BKtje wrote: »
    so umm we all (or majority) going the same faction? Exiles is it?

Think that's what most people said they were going with a few pages back.

Are the 7 day passes available yet folks?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Are the 7 day passes available yet folks?

They won't work until June 3rd, which is the official launch.

MagicIRL wrote: »
    They won't work until June 3rd, which is the official launch.

Im aware of that, just wondering if people have them yet.

delta36 wrote: »
    Have learned before never to play the "small" races in MMOs, because you get an awesome armor set or weapon, and you can hardly see them!

And that's why I'm going Granok. Look at the difference in size! :P

wdstr_screen_039.jpg

Kirby wrote: »
    And that's why I'm going Granok. Look at the difference in size! :P
    Alright, that's impressive, but get used to people calling you a block head! :P

Im aware of that, just wondering if people have them yet.

Haven't received them yet. Not sure when we will, but probably launch day.

• Advertisement
Advertisement