Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WildStar

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Lone Stone wrote: »
    well i can finally escape the prison server of zhur, still getting the guest account issue >_<

As far as I'm aware, that red text is just a warning. Everybody gets it. It doesn't mean your are a guest account.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭IRL_Sinister

Well guys how is it? Couple simple questions

1) what is the level cap?
    2) is the game worth the money for a casual player?

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Shaneoh

I tried the beta but wasn't overly taken with it, I feel like maybe I didn't give it enough time! Should have spent another few hours at it! Regret that now cuz I'm not paying 45 to try it out for the month!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

Shaneoh wrote: »
    I tried the beta but wasn't overly taken with it, I feel like maybe I didn't give it enough time! Should have spent another few hours at it! Regret that now cuz I'm not paying 45 to try it out for the month!! :D

Kinguin: €33.99 for wildstar

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 921 ✭✭✭delta36

Well guys how is it? Couple simple questions

1) what is the level cap?
    2) is the game worth the money for a casual player?

1) Level cap is 50, afaik.
    2) I'd consider myself a casual player, and I'm certainly enjoying it so far, though I haven't played much. Also, the style of the game has made me really pumped to try dungeoons/raids when I get to them.

Sigh, back to queueing, with about 3000 people ahead of me. Note to self, don't log out of game for next 5 days!

Edit: Noticed a tweet from Wildstar there saying that Hazak is "extremely full", and suggesting to play on other servers. I wonder is this queuing going to be a long term thing then? Don't particularly want to have to deal with this for weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

well i can finally escape the prison server of zhur, still getting the guest account issue >_<

Zone chat on zhur was brilliant :)

Dermighty wrote: »
    Kinguin: €33.99 for wildstar

Worth it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

they should rename it the prison

• Advertisement

Got bored of waiting, changed realm to roll a new character. All (2) English PvE ones are full, there's only one PvP server not full, but high.
    Maybe I should just not bother trying to play for the next few days. This is a bit disappointing. I know they can't magically inflate server sizes, because then in-game maps would be laggy, but not being able to get onto any server is a bit annoying.

just did an outdoor raid boss there with 20 people woo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,066 ✭✭✭BKtje

So what say people to changing the boards realm?

BKtje wrote: »
    So what say people to changing the boards realm?

Welp, I was always gonna role on a different server, to try the Dominion, as you can't play both factions on the same pvp server, gonna role Zhur, I think, only server not full.
    That said, my plan was to do this down the line, once I'd leveled my Exile character, not the day after headstart, oh well!

Can't even get into the queue to join Hazak at the minute, disappointing!
    New EU realms have been added, Contagion for PvP, and Archon for PvE. I've rolled a Dominion Esper on Contagion called Shadowspeaker, just so I could at least play the game.
    I'm not sure if the issues with the full servers are ever going to be sorted, they've said in tweets before that the capacity of servers won't be increased, so I don't see the issues with Hazak ever going away :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,220 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Hazak is basically the Outland realm (i.e. highest pop). It'll be full, and will have long queues for the next few weeks. A lot of people will move once they start getting queues after work during the week. I'm on Hazak at the moment, but will probably go back and level my character on Zhur.

• Advertisement

If i could move my char i would, after the beta weekends i just cant be arsed to reroll again so queues it is for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

If you're not keen on WPvP come play on Eko PvE!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Im on Eko PVE, add Cully for your infinite heals !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

I'll wait. Not gonna re roll. We will see a population drop after a day or two and there will be zero queues, even at peak.

I've been through enough MMO's to know there is no rush. Long-game thinking. 6 months from now I want a full and vibrant server. Not a wasteland.

Well said Kirby! The people that play at the start are not the always the players that will stick around the 3-5 years of the game you want!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I wouldnt be so sure about zero queues,there are wow servers 10 years on with queues.
    The people on the very busy servers will more than likely keep playing there for their 30 free days atleast plus they are not goign to want to sacrifice their time put into their characters.
    My experience in every mmo launch especially the big ones is queues rarely die down in the first month and most last a lot longer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

Feels like I'm the only sucker to delve into the realm Ascendancy PvE >_<;

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,644 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Would anyone have a spare trial code? Ye're after making me curious. :P

We don't get them till tomorrow i think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭KilOit

Got level 35 in the beta ages ago but still holding off buying it till the hype and server lag dies down, hate the beginning of mmo's

nesf wrote: »
    Would anyone have a spare trial code? Ye're after making me curious. :P

I'd wait a while till the initial server rush dies down before trying it tbh.

I'm trying to hold off for a month or so to see how things pan out myself.

Enjoying myself performance is fine for me, games looks lovely. Leveling 16 at the moment got a mount got the house thingy. Gonna take a break got some work to do might pop back on later and do some adventures.

MagicIRL wrote: »
    I'm trying to hold off for a month or so to see how things pan out myself.

Did you not join a pve realm .

Calhoun wrote: »
    Did you not join a pve realm .

My guild has rolled on Eko PvE which is where I'll be rolling. Just waiting for a few bugs to be squashed before I purchase. SWTOR still haunts me! :pac:

• Advertisement

MagicIRL wrote: »
    My guild has rolled on Eko PvE which is where I'll be rolling. Just waiting for a few bugs to be squashed before I purchase. SWTOR still haunts me! :pac:

Worst MMO ever, but one of the best RPG's i have played in a long time.

Any chance I could get one of you guys Trial code tomorrow to give it a go? I'm off work all week so no better time to give it a shot and as I've been in hospital I haven't had a chance to review a lot of the content available right now.

EDIT: Website says it's released today?

Any chance I could get one of you guys Trial code tomorrow to give it a go? I'm off work all week so no better time to give it a shot and as I've been in hospital I haven't had a chance to review a lot of the content available right now.

EDIT: Website says it's released today?

I can send you on one, afaik it's not being released till tomorrow, the third?

Played a good bit earlier, only had to queue for an hour today :P Got to the point where I'm crafting stuff, and damn, cooking is very, very confusing :/ It needs a better tutorial.

delta36 wrote: »
    I can send you on one, afaik it's not being released till tomorrow, the third?

Played a good bit earlier, only had to queue for an hour today :P Got to the point where I'm crafting stuff, and damn, cooking is very, very confusing :/ It needs a better tutorial.

Yeah that would be great, thanks. Time on my PC is wrong >__<

I wouldn't mind a trail code either :D

I'm looking for two trial codes for myself and my brother if anyone can spare them!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

700 person queue on Ravenous now too! :mad:

They said today that there will be server transfers, and we should know when/how it will work tonight by around 10pm.

Kiith wrote: »
    They said today that there will be server transfers, and we should know when/how it will work tonight by around 10pm.

They mention anything about them being free? I'm not usually one for demanding free stuff from a game just because their servers are, expectedly, busy at launch, but it still would be nice.

• Advertisement

Great news, i played for an hour or two this morning, but yea cant be arsed with the queue. I shall be moving when i can if possible. But considering the flood gates open tomorrow i suspect it will be the same on every server.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I'll take that guest key too lads. Cheers in advance!

Great news, i played for an hour or two this morning, but yea cant be arsed with the queue. I shall be moving when i can if possible. But considering the flood gates open tomorrow i suspect it will be the same on every server.

I was thinking that myself, but then realised, what extra people are going to be playing tomorrow that haven't been playing the last few days?

people who just pick it up in stores or who didnt pre order i suppose, i mean either way its more people to visit my amazon wish list :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭wonderboysam

If theres a spare guest key, I'd love one too, no worries if not though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

So lads, any keys to go around? I'll grab one. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

So I bit the bullet in the end. It's rare I can stay away from a new MMO. :P

Anyway bought and tried to log onto Hazak. 20hr+ queue told me "Game says NO!", so I tried Rav and still have a 2ish hour queue. "Game still says NO!"
    Created a character on Contagion?? Whatever the name of the latest pvp server they rolled out was. Leveled up to 8 but the population stayed at low all throughout. I seriously do not want to level on a low pop server so skipped the PVP server and went to Eko.
    High pop but no queue time so was happy enough here.

Leveled an engineer to 11. Have quests for crafting but not at that town yet so can't tell how that aspect is.

They've certainly improved the game from the two betas I played. Pretty much no bugs in quests that I've come across so far.

Engi class is fun so far. My bots can annoy me at times though. Idiots keep getting stuck to the point of having to dismiss them and recall. But with proper use, I've been able to take out elites without much problems.

I'll keep playing on Eko for a while and see what they do with transfers. If they make queues more bearable I'll consider moving back to a PvP server again.

==EDIT==
    Regarding Realm changed:

https://forums.wildstar-online.com/forums/index.php?/topic/60957-free-realm-transfers/

Hey everyone, as you can imagine we’ve been seeing calls for Free RealmTransfers on the forums, reddit on the live-stream. We’ve been working hard to make sure we take a measured approach to this delicate process. So in an effort to bring relief to some of our most populated Realms, we are offering free Realm Transfers off of these Realms and onto some of the lesser populated Realms. Once the server maintenance is complete on June 3rd, 12:00AM PDT, you will have the option to transfer your characters from the following Realms:

NA
    Pergo to Rowsdower
    Pago to Rowsdower
    Widow to Rowsdower
    Stormtalon to Mikros
    Caretaker to Orias

EU
    Hazak to Contagion
    Hazak to Gaius
    Hazak to Deadstar
    Progenitor to Deadstar
    Treespeaker to Gaius
    Ascendancy to Archon

Please be aware, there will likely be a rush for Realm transfers when we first open up the service. The transfer process can take time. In some cases it may take up to 24 hours depending on the volume of transactions.

Additional Information:
    Upon the event that we need to remove one of the destination Realms from the free transfer service, we will give the community 48 hour notice before removing a destination Realm from the list of Free Transfers.
    When new Realms open post launch, we will message if this Realm is a transfer target or not. If the new Realm is not, then the “race to 50” will be preserved on that Realm for at least 2-4 weeks, and transfers will be prevented for that time.

The Realm transfer can only be enacted from the character select screen, so you will have to wait in a queue to enact the transfer if there is one on the source Realm.
    You can move any number of characters you want as many times as you want, but each character can only be moved once every 22 hours.
    You cannot have pending mail, auctions, commodity orders, or CREDD orders
    You cannot be a member of a circle, Arena Team, Warparty, or a Guild
    You cannot be in a circle, Arena Team, Warparty, or Guild leader

A note on Rowsdower - In the event that Rowsdower becomes overloaded, we are prepared to open new PvP Realms that Rowsdower players would be able to transfer to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,066 ✭✭✭BKtje

I'm happy to move or stay, what do the rest of you who want to play with boardsies think?

I think il wait to see if the transfers reduce the queue first, all the new ones except one were full last time i checked.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Openside11

If anyone wants some free passes.....

2K50CGZADUYL4FG7GD1M
    2K512D9QI5R0SCK1RQYX
    2K58S53FLEPWF01DZE6E

I'll probably move from Hazak to Contagion, unless the queues die down massively. Waiting in a queue for an hour at the weekend is one thing, but i'm absolutely not willing to queue after work during the week.

Regarding the game itself, i'm really enjoying it. Got my house yesterday, and i'm looking forward to making changes to it. I'm totally broke though, and can't afford my mount either. Will see if i can sell some stuff later to make some money, though i doubt the AH is anywhere near stable.

Not 100% sure yet what class i'll stick with though. Medic is good fun, but i also enjoy the Stalker.

• Advertisement
Advertisement