Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WildStar

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Anyone experience what world pvp is like so far?

Im not a fan of pvp battlegrounds etc but did enjoy open world pvp in early wow days.
    On the flipside open world pvp in age of conan was a total nightmare with the infamous ruscorp guild.
    As such ive rolled on a pve server as my main interest is raiding.

But since a lot seem to be going to pvp servers im wondering am i missing out.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,220 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

From what i've heard from higher level people, there seems to be a bit of a truce in a lot of places. People are too concerned with levelling. You'll still get attacked, but it won't go full out war for a little while yet. I've not gotten to those zones yet, so can't comment myself.

I've done a few BG's, but until i can play with the guild i don't think i'll bother. PUG's are beyond stupid most of the time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

Dcully wrote: »
    Im not a fan of pvp battlegrounds etc but did enjoy open world pvp in early wow days.

I remember those days. Endless fun and at the same time, endless annoyance if you were not in the mood :pac:

I really do miss the Tarren Mill Vs South Shore battle.
    Or my guild back in the day had an evil habit of taking over the alliance boats all dressed in pirate costumes. And not forgetting fishing pole raids. Everyone naked except for a fishing pole. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Can anyone PM me a code please?

Sent it on there. Anyone else who needs a code, just PM me (2 left).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Where do you find your 3 codes? I'd like to give one out but don't know where they are. :P

I got mine in an email from NCSoft.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭IRL_Sinister

Openside11 wrote: »
    If anyone wants some free passes.....

2K50CGZADUYL4FG7GD1M
    2K512D9QI5R0SCK1RQYX
    2K58S53FLEPWF01DZE6E

These already got grabbed :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 921 ✭✭✭delta36

Happy days re the realm transfer, I don't mind moving from Hazak to Contagion, just want to be able to play with people I at least vaguely know! Will prob hold off though until I see how the populations settle.

Also, have other people been given their guest passes? I still haven't gotten mine!

Okay I'm in love. This game is unbelievable. Definitely subbing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭KilOit

I'll take a spare code if its going, 95% sure I'll sub anyway but don't want to buy just yet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

havent got my codes yet, I think il transfer just went to log in at theirs over 1k queue already :(

I don't think I've enjoyed 1-10 in an MMO as much. Brilliant.

MagicIRL wrote: »
    I don't think I've enjoyed 1-10 in an MMO as much. Brilliant.

In-game on Eko PvE as Engibugs, Human Exile Engineer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Got my guest key ( thanks Bk ;) ). Downloading it now.

If you are just trying it on a 7 day pass, don't bother queuing on any high pop servers. You will never get in, as you will be pushed back constantly as people who've bought the game jump ahead of you.

It's worth picking up yourself though. Very good game so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,066 ✭✭✭BKtje

No probs Shadow. Enjoy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Shaneoh

Openside11 wrote: »
    If anyone wants some free passes.....

2K50CGZADUYL4FG7GD1M
    2K512D9QI5R0SCK1RQYX
    2K58S53FLEPWF01DZE6E

Thanks for one of the codes bro! Muchly appreciated

well im jumping ship to contagion - repenter

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 chrismoris

Hey, does anyone have maybe extra guest pass key? I would like to try game before purchase, thank you very much! If you could send it on PM. Thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 220 ✭✭Ravenid

I was watching this on Twitch over the Bank Holiday weekend when I gave in and bought it. I'm a sucker for new MMO's or Deals on starter packs. :( But I usually go solo for most of these WOW, Conan, The Secret World, Hellgate: London (It counts stop laughing). The only 2 I haven't gone solo in are Planetside 1/2 (Why would you?) and Eve.

I've always been a PVE nerd at heart and mostly been into that side before I usually either get bored/have the servers shut down (Hellgate was a good game seriously stop laughing.)

But the PvP in this is seriously calling to me. Its the first time I've really wanted to give it a go and not feel like its going to just be me being constantly ganked by Level 50's over and over (EvE doesn't count, that's part of the fun. I think? Let me get back to you on that.)

Anyway is it better to have 2 chars (One PVP, One PVE) in Wildstar or just keep one as splitting your time between 2 chars is a waste of xp?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 597 ✭✭✭miece16

anymore codes knocking about, would appreciate one :)

Lone Stone wrote: »
    well im jumping ship to contagion - repenter

I will probably do the same tbh, gonna wait and see how the server population settles out, and probably depends on where Dark Reavers go, they seem like a decent bunch.
    Not even going to try and play this game today, may as well wait for everyone to transfer where they want. Really enjoyed what I've played so far, looking forward to some serious sessions with it and catching up on my levelling later in the week!

delta36 wrote: »
    I will probably do the same tbh, gonna wait and see how the server population settles out, and probably depends on where Dark Reavers go, they seem like a decent bunch.
    Not even going to try and play this game today, may as well wait for everyone to transfer where they want. Really enjoyed what I've played so far, looking forward to some serious sessions with it and catching up on my levelling later in the week!

Dark Reavers are a decent bunch but personally i find the guild to be way too big.
    I prefer a smaller guild as its much easier to get to know people.
    As i say thats just me personally.

Im going to stay on Eko PVE, dungeons and raids will be my endgame,i can get as much pvp as i want by turning on pvp or doing the battlegrounds and warplots.
    Queue was never more than 50 mins and the community seems pretty nice so far.
    Joined a guildand so far so good, game is brilliant by the way.

So... I gave it a bash as a guest account. I am in a bit of mixed position now about this game.

I like:

*Art style is just awesome. A flavour of steam punk with sci-fi. Cool as hell.
    *Characters and Models. They managed to make each one of the races and genders look unique and interesting. One of the biggest issues I had with games like EQ2. They just change the head on standard Human body. This game though sets characters to 11. Awesome! Reminds me of WoW days, when I rerolled warrior on same server from a scratch, just because I wanted in Tauren Female warrior with a name "MadCowNipple".
    *Combat is just the best in mmorpg so far. It feels very rewarding. Its not like you hitting Air and see numbers pop up randomly. Here it feels like you really punching and shooting stuff. Telegraph system is great.

I dont like:
    *Almost no voice acting. Tons and tons of reading, which sort of kills immersion for me. I am getting a bit spoiled, but at least main quests should have voice acting. To make it even worse Npcs will say some random stuff, which makes it even more annoying when you try to read what they actually saying.
    *Is it me or is it turned down waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much for younger audience? I feel like game treating me as a 5 year old. I guess they want to be "family friendly" and I dont expect someone to say "feck, drink, girls" every 2 minutes, but the whole game feels like target audience is in 5-10 year olds. I am not saying this about art style, but more of an Dialogue and characters you meat.
    *Not really Games problem I guess, but I am not even that much in, but I am already getting "mmorpg fatigue"! Its like I did not just got bored of it so damn quick, but I just getting annoyed. Every few minutes I get to a thing and say "I see what you tried to do there, but in reality this is just standard mmorpg stuff".

Game as mmorpg is fantastic and I would recomend it to anyone who is starting off mmorpg or losing mmorpg virginity. I LOVE it, but at the same time I am just bored half way in going from quest giver to objective. :(
    I still got few days of trial. I will pop in later on today and give it a bash again.

I want to like it so much, but I dont know wtf is wrong. Its like I want to say "Its not you! Its me! Dont feel sad! You are awesome!"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 chrismoris

Anyone got extra guest pass maybe? Thanks

Does anyone know if there's a level limit to the Guest Pass? I'll probably be hitting 20 this evening if I can :X

EDIT: Game is still incredible

Does anyone know what the stats mean yet? I want to be gearing my Engineer as a tank but haven't the foggiest what my stats are!

MagicIRL wrote: »
    Does anyone know what the stats mean yet? I want to be gearing my Engineer as a tank but haven't the foggiest what my stats are!
    This might be of some help:
    http://wildstar.mmorpg-life.com/guides/wildstar-stats-attributes/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,644 ✭✭✭✭nesf

So... I gave it a bash as a guest account. I am in a bit of mixed position now about this game.

I like:

*Art style is just awesome. A flavour of steam punk with sci-fi. Cool as hell.
    *Characters and Models. They managed to make each one of the races and genders look unique and interesting. One of the biggest issues I had with games like EQ2. They just change the head on standard Human body. This game though sets characters to 11. Awesome! Reminds me of WoW days, when I rerolled warrior on same server from a scratch, just because I wanted in Tauren Female warrior with a name "MadCowNipple".
    *Combat is just the best in mmorpg so far. It feels very rewarding. Its not like you hitting Air and see numbers pop up randomly. Here it feels like you really punching and shooting stuff. Telegraph system is great.

I dont like:
    *Almost no voice acting. Tons and tons of reading, which sort of kills immersion for me. I am getting a bit spoiled, but at least main quests should have voice acting. To make it even worse Npcs will say some random stuff, which makes it even more annoying when you try to read what they actually saying.
    *Is it me or is it turned down waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much for younger audience? I feel like game treating me as a 5 year old. I guess they want to be "family friendly" and I dont expect someone to say "feck, drink, girls" every 2 minutes, but the whole game feels like target audience is in 5-10 year olds. I am not saying this about art style, but more of an Dialogue and characters you meat.
    *Not really Games problem I guess, but I am not even that much in, but I am already getting "mmorpg fatigue"! Its like I did not just got bored of it so damn quick, but I just getting annoyed. Every few minutes I get to a thing and say "I see what you tried to do there, but in reality this is just standard mmorpg stuff".

Game as mmorpg is fantastic and I would recomend it to anyone who is starting off mmorpg or losing mmorpg virginity. I LOVE it, but at the same time I am just bored half way in going from quest giver to objective. :(
    I still got few days of trial. I will pop in later on today and give it a bash again.

I want to like it so much, but I dont know wtf is wrong. Its like I want to say "Its not you! Its me! Dont feel sad! You are awesome!"

You play MMOs for the story? :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

For anyone on a guest account the only thing I would strongly urge is get to 20 and do both the dungeons, Stormtalon's Lair and Kel'Voreth before making a decision. You need to be 20 before you can queue into them.

Just be careful going with a full PUG as they are very demanding and require an organised group but they are very very good!

Hmm still no codes sent to me, they are meant to be emailed out right ?

yup I got mine around 9am this morning

BKtje wrote: »

It is indeed. Thanks!

P.s. Engineer bots are awesome! The rocket bot AoE is deadly!

nesf wrote: »
    You play MMOs for the story? :pac:

I only started playing WoW, because of the Lore. I was a huge WoW lore sucker.

Hand on heart ive never remotely took notice of lore in any mmo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

I am the same, the lore is a big part of what attracted me to WoW, SWTOR ,GW2 and this.

I wasn't a big into the lore much until i watched
    its not going to win any rewards but has me somewhat interested.

Calhoun wrote: »
    I am the same, the lore is a big part of what attracted me to WoW, SWTOR ,GW2 and this.

Same, love lore in games, that's why I love Guild Wars so much, and what intrigued me about this game! The whole deal of finding out what happened to the Eldan, and the deal with Nexus.

Indeed like what the hell happened to the moon around the planet, looks like something big exploded.

Yup, all the little lore books scattered around make for fun reading!
    On another note, checked the queue for Hazak there, it's around 2200 atm, doesn't look like many people have jumped ship to contagion. May move my character over there so.

• Advertisement

I love it in my single player RPGs but MMOs? No, the nature of MMOs breaks story/immersion too much for me. Bring Onxia's head back to town? Bit of a celebration. Next day from NPCs: "Who are you, feck off, we're busy, go do something with your life" :P

I love it in my single player RPGs but MMOs? No, the nature of MMOs breaks story/immersion too much for me. Bring Onxia's head back to town? Bit of a celebration. Next day from NPCs: "Who are you, feck off, we're busy, go do something with your life" :P

True but that is shared content, allot of the lore like doing the night elf starting zone is really cool. There are some really cool questlines in wow that are well worth doing.

I just got mine in the mail there, il give out 1 for now want to hold on to two incase any of my mates want to try it.

C6U0ZE66IZF8J0P9SN2B

Ah yeah, you say that, but then..http://img0.joyreactor.com/pics/post/fallout-thief-hero-comics-357792.jpeg :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

Just got three passes. PM if you want. First come bla bla bla :P

Have 2 1 guest passes to give away as well! One per user, first to PM. No purchase necessary. No refunds. Not available in Nova Scotia etc. etc.

Calhoun wrote: »
    True but that is shared content, allot of the lore like doing the night elf starting zone is really cool. There are some really cool questlines in wow that are well worth doing.

Sure, some of the questlines were great but I wouldn't have paid the box price and a subscription for them, if you know what I mean.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

One 7 day Guest key to give away send PM.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

2x 7 day passes to give away. PM me. Please post on-thread when/if your keys go. :)
    [edit]
    2x 7 day pass is gone to Darius.Tr and to miece16
    [/edit]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Enjoying myself so far. Running around with my lasersaw cutting down trees is strangely satisfying. :P

Advertisement