Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WildStar

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

Tried out some crafting yesterday (weaponsmith)

I like the way you need to progress through the tech trees. Beats crafting 200xIron daggers and the rest. Didn't do too much of it but seems ok at least so far. Didn't get to play too much yesterday but surprisingly enjoying it a lot more than I did during beta.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,220 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Got my mount last night. Went for the motorbike thing, which is pretty cool. Doesn't feel like a massive speed boost, but looks excellent. Also got a few items for my house, and spent more money than i'd have liked on random customisations. I can see myself sinking a lot of money into that one.

Looking forward to getting to lvl20 and healing a few dungeons. Need to get myself some healing gear first though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Am I missing something or do I really mine ore by shooting it out of the node with my cannon? :pac: Either way, I'm fine!

Looking forward to getting deep in to the crafting system now. I would love an option to display near-by mining nodes on the map as it can be pretty difficult finding the little black nodes when you're not exactly looking for them. I suppose, in a way, it makes crafting that little be more difficult and will maybe help the in-game economy if resources aren't as easy to obtain?

I'm used to WoW's crafting, so I'm still expecting to have to craft 100 Copper Bars to make 50 Daggers to level up. I did, however, do the introduction quest to crafting and made myself some boots or something. Hopefully, now that I know what stats I'm looking at, I can begin my tank-gearing for the first dungeon.

You can shoot them with your regular weapon, but you get more ore with your mining laser iirc. And do nodes and trees not appear on the map by default? I can see them anyway, though maybe it's an addon that i've got installed.

Kiith wrote: »
    You can shoot them with your regular weapon, but you get more ore with your mining laser iirc. And do nodes and trees not appear on the map by default? I can see them anyway, though maybe it's an addon that i've got installed.

Maybe? I'm still very lost in the UI. There seems to be a lot going on and it's taking some time to get used to. Where do I get one of these here Mining "Lasers"? I assume it's off the guy/around the guy who taught me how to mine?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 597 ✭✭✭miece16

anyone wanna pm me a pass??

Yeah, i got the mining laser and laser cutter (for trees) from the crafting trainer i think. Once you are the right level (lvl10), you should be able to see mining nodes and trees on the map. It may be an addon of mine though, so i can check that later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Went to log off in my house last night and ended up spending 50g on it...

I can't stop! :(

How'd you get 50g? I had to sell most of my iron and wood just to get enough for my mount.

I thought I was doing good with 3 gold :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

Alrite i got two codes going pm if you want one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 921 ✭✭✭delta36

So, what's the story with Queues? They lessened on Havak much since the free transfers came out? If not I'm just gonna move to Contagion, haven't played my main in the last few days, only scratched the surface of this game!

@Kiith I know you can get hoverboards later on as well, which are faster, won't that make the bike defunct once you hit level 25?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭IRL_Sinister

Can you sell Crafting stuff to a Vendor?

delta36 wrote: »
    So, what's the story with Queues? They lessened on Havak much since the free transfers came out? If not I'm just gonna move to Contagion, haven't played my main in the last few days, only scratched the surface of this game!

@Kiith I know you can get hoverboards later on as well, which are faster, won't that make the bike defunct once you hit level 25?

Queues are still bad. I logged on from work at around 4pm (used Teamviewer on my phone...i love technology!) and it at around 8:30pm. Going to transfer myself as well, but the big problem is you need to get to character select to transfer your character, so you've to queue for 3-4 hours, just to send your character to a differenct realm.

Yeah, i'll definitely switch to the hoverboard, but that's not for 10 levels, and at the speed i level up that might take a while.

Queues are still bad. I logged on from work at around 4pm (used Teamviewer on my phone...i love technology!) and it at around 8:30pm. Going to transfer myself as well, but the big problem is you need to get to character select to transfer your character, so you've to queue for 3-4 hours, just to send your character to a differenct realm.

Yeah, i'll definitely switch to the hoverboard, but that's not for 10 levels, and at the speed i level up that might take a while.

Yeah, the queueing in the first place is offputting. If you have teamviewer enabled at the minute, the queue for Hazak is quite short right now! Only thing I'm worried about now is that contagions population is listed at low, but I suppose it is the middle of the day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

How'd you get 50g? I had to sell most of my iron and wood just to get enough for my mount.

You start getting gold fast after level 25. I dinged 30 last night and made 60g from 25 - 30!

I'm considering rolling a healer. I'm still on the 7-day trial and sitting here in work the idea of a Medic healer is really appealing. Is anyone here playing a Medic healer currently?

I'm enjoying Spellslinger healing right now but it's definitely a very challenging role.

I'm hoping to get my Engineer to 20 anyway so I can experience the first dungeon. I want to see what healing is like though, having raid healed in WoW as a Shaman, I quite like the thrill of keeping people alive via tanking mobs or healing damage.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Verzo

Hi Guys,

I have three guest passes. PM me if you want one.

• Advertisement

Spellslinger is supposed to be a more traditional "target healer", where as a medic is all about AOE or multi target heals. I've not healed a dungeon as my medic yet though, that's just from what i've read and the descriptions of the skills.

Have done some PvP as a healer though. When you play with people who understand that keeping the healer alive helps keep themselves alive, it's great fun. Otherwise, it's bloody frustrating.

Bit the bullet and transferred my char to Contagion there. Had to wait for an hour in queues. If it's that bad now I don't want to know how bad it gets later in the day.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I healed some adventures lastnight on my esper and thoroughly enjoyed it.
    During the beta i tanked some with a warrior so ill probably level up a warrior too.

I do want a Stalker tank, so i might roll one on Eko at some stage and join you PvE wimps :P

I do want a Stalker tank, so i might roll one on Eko at some stage and join you PvE wimps :P

Ahem, anti-queue wimps ;)

Real men runa round PvE realms with /pvp enabled. You never know when you'll be jumped... :pac:

MagicIRL wrote: »
    Real men runa round PvE realms with /pvp enabled. You never know when you'll be jumped... :pac:

Having to enable PvP...how quaint :P

Seriously though, unless people are willing to do proper world PvP, there's very little difference between the two. Bar random gankings by high level Rogu...i mean Stalkers of course.

Having to enable PvP...how quaint :P

Seriously though, unless people are willing to do proper world PvP, there's very little difference between the two. Bar random gankings by high level Rogu...i mean Stalkers of course.

I don't see Wildstar offering up a Vanilla WoW Tauren Mill v Southshore scenario if thats what you wPvPers are after. I played on Twisting Nether, The Maelstrom and Outland in WoW for wPvP and I think I experienced about three fights outside of random gankings.

PvE is better for the blood pressure methinks! :cool:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

The game really is pve at its core,the sheer amount of dungeons and raid content is amazing for a new MMO but they promised as such a long time ago.
    World pvp always was and always will be just a minor distraction.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,644 ✭✭✭✭nesf

I don't see Wildstar offering up a Vanilla WoW Tauren Mill v Southshore scenario if thats what you wPvPers are after. I played on Twisting Nether, The Maelstrom and Outland in WoW for wPvP and I think I experienced about three fights outside of random gankings.

PvE is better for the blood pressure methinks! :cool:

I remember an "epic" assault on the Crossroads by the Alliance in the first week of WoW on Argent Dawn (it seemed to be where everyone wanting RPPVP servers in the early days ended up). It was actually very enjoyable even though people were still getting to grips with the game. I never saw a repeat though of proper scale.

Other than that, yeah, world PvP didn't mix well with questing or human nature once "the curve" hit level cap and L60s started hanging around L20 areas. :P

• Advertisement

The Southshore battles or Crossroad raids were brilliant fun in Warcraft, but died the second they added battlegrounds. People were more concerned with getting honour points than having fun.

But yeah, PvE is where Wildstar is definitely at. Though Warplots look like they could be a lot of fun.

nesf wrote: »
    I remember an "epic" assault on the Crossroads by the Alliance in the first week of WoW on Argent Dawn (it seemed to be where everyone wanting RPPVP servers in the early days ended up). It was actually very enjoyable even though people were still getting to grips with the game. I never saw a repeat though of proper scale.

Other than that, yeah, world PvP didn't mix well with questing or human nature once "the curve" hit level cap and L60s started hanging around L20 areas. :P

It's one thing Wildstar could revive if they do it right. Provide %chance for a loot bag with a random housing item when you kill an enemy NPC from a major town/quest hub. It'll force people in to attacking each other, but keep the lower levels relatively safe.

Of course this could cause all sorts of QQ if people can't hand in their quest because poor Mr. NPC is stuck on my blade.

I'm about to hit 20 so will be buying the game off G2A shortly.

Just wanted to let people know that the fastest way, by far, to level to 20 is through PvP. Don't even try and question it. Undoubted.

I'll also have 3 guest passes available in the next couple hours so PM me if you want one tonight/tomorrow.

Glad I changed servers, can now play for an hour, take a break, and play again, don't feel pressured to play as much as possible while I can.
    Getting more to grips with crafting, starting to see how it all works, and as an aside, it's stuff like this this that makes me love the game.
    wildstarfunny1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭wonderboysam

damn dude this game has made me bluescreen twice ._.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,644 ✭✭✭✭nesf

It's one thing Wildstar could revive if they do it right. Provide %chance for a loot bag with a random housing item when you kill an enemy NPC from a major town/quest hub. It'll force people in to attacking each other, but keep the lower levels relatively safe.

Of course this could cause all sorts of QQ if people can't hand in their quest because poor Mr. NPC is stuck on my blade.

Eh, allowing quest givers to be killed is a bad path to go down. Sure, it'll generate world pvp (maybe) but if there's any kind of population imbalance or an imbalance in populations due to different factions favouring different timezones you just get a campy mess.

• Advertisement

Game crashed for me there for the first time as well, apologies to Lone Stone who I was in the middle of a conversation with!
    Pro tip: WildStar does not like it when you plug in a printer while playing.

Looking for a code for a friend. PM me if ya have one spare please!

I'm about to hit 20 so will be buying the game off G2A shortly.

Just wanted to let people know that the fastest way, by far, to level to 20 is through PvP. Don't even try and question it. Undoubted.

I'll also have 3 guest passes available in the next couple hours so PM me if you want one tonight/tomorrow.

2 left

EDIT: Rofl made 15G off the AH instantly XD

delta36 wrote: »
    Glad I changed servers, can now play for an hour, take a break, and play again, don't feel pressured to play as much as possible while I can.
    Getting more to grips with crafting, starting to see how it all works, and as an aside, it's stuff like this this that makes me love the game.
    wildstarfunny1.jpg

WTF is that thing? I have one in my bag too....

I assume you use it in crafting if you picked Architect as one of your skills? No idea outside of that!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭wonderboysam

four bluescreens and counting! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

I enjoy the crafting tier 3 weapon smith at
    The moment, i love how it has a talent tree and differnt ways to specialize your craft.

Any way im on contaigon drop me a msg if u want a weapon up to lvl 22 atm names repenter

Well, I just spent..far too many hours in a row playing this. Properly hooked now. Really enjoying it, visited the capital city of the Exiles. A word of warning to anyone else who hasn't visited it yet, it's massive! So make sure you're level 15 and can buy a mount once there, caus moving around it takes a while.

I quite like the fact that the game is fairly challenging. I'm only level 13, but it's usually not enough to use a basic attack on mobs to clear them, and the red coloured mobs are definitely challenging. I try to avoid them because I know they'll curb stomp me, but was forced to fight one earlier in order to get to the corpse of a dead member of the Explorers Guild and cremate him, which was awesome.

Gotten the hang of crafting now as well I think, it's quite..unique. I'm also playing as a relic hunter, and getting resources for that is quite interesting because
    sometimes the nodes fight back!

One thing I wish is that exploration and crafting gave you regular XP as well. Levelling in the game seems quite slow, and while I'm not bored at all levelling, it would be nice to be able to speed it up a little bit, hopefully will hit 14 and 15 tomorrow, and I can start playing around with my rocket house, and get a mount.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Awww man I'm so tempted to buy this and I really shouldn't as I have ff xiv and ESO online :o

Awww man I'm so tempted to buy this and I really shouldn't as I have ff xiv and ESO online :o

Handling 3 MMOs at a time is completely doable. You're just going to have to remove one of these 3 from your life:
    Food,Sleep,Human Interaction.
    Choose wisely. :pac:

F*cccccccccccccccccccck Amps are expensive

EDIT: Anyway, just healed my first Dungeon. VERY challenging experience. Actually worrying about patrols and interrupts. Was fantastic. Loved every second of it. Stormtalon bit the dust. Bring on more.

F*cccccccccccccccccccck Amps are expensive

They...are? Because I've just been selling any ones that don't match my class to a vendor. I hope I haven't been making a very expensive mistake..

Yep. I need 5 basic ones to get to the second tier on my Support (healing) tree and the cheapest is 15G on the Commodity Broker. I got an Addon from Curse though that says the other 4 are obtainable from Vendors through reputation (and I have enough rep) so I'll check them out tomorrow.

Might be a niche to make an early buck or two.

Yep. I need 5 basic ones to get to the second tier on my Support (healing) tree and the cheapest is 15G on the Commodity Broker. I got an Addon from Curse though that says the other 4 are obtainable from Vendors through reputation (and I have enough rep) so I'll check them out tomorrow.

Might be a niche to make an early buck or two.

Good plan, can become an AMP scalper :D

An another note, I just discovered player housing...and may not sleep tonight because of it. The amount of customisation is INSANE.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Verzo

803YJK8DYH1TEDWGBWFV

Last guest pass if someone wants it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement