Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WildStar

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭IRL_Sinister

Sign of X

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Decided to post up a few screenies. Nothing too fancy.

Here is my Granok, frolicking through the hills. They are alive with the sound of music you know......
    2b8v40.png

And here he is taking one smallish step for Granok, one giant leap for Granok kind........
    aua61i.png

This bridge doesn't look safe. Don't look down........
    23iv0w2.png

And in his first group Adventure, freeing the oppressed workers. Run! Flee to the hills poor NPC's!
    2nsw0i.png

And here he is after acquiring some clothes, some boots, and a motorcycle....
    s5br6u.png

We look on in anticipation at the end boss of our first dungeon.....
    5ewnqf.png

And lastly a moment of preparation and tactics before we went in and killed him. :D
    rh69t2.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭wonderboysam

Kirby wrote: »

And lastly a moment of preparation and tactics before we went in and killed him. :D
    rh69t2.png

after how many wipes? :D

On him? 3. It went really smooth on the last try. :)

took me about 8/9 attempts!

So found my first game-breaking bug...

There some kind of CC where your screen becomes black (I'm assuming blind) and if you leave the BG at that time (ie: you win) you spawn with the "blind" screen. So anyway I queued for another BG assuming the screen would go when I pressed Accept and it didn't so I logged off....

Now I can't get back on >_<

EDIT: Looks like I'm back in after 10 minutes or so :X

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

did you try /reloadui in the chat box ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 921 ✭✭✭delta36

Looking forward to trying dungeons in 4 more levels, how are people finding doing them with PUGs and without voice chat?

Lone Stone wrote: »
    did you try /reloadui in the chat box ?

I couldn't log in at all =)

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Arvee

add me up!

Realm: Contagion PVP
    IGN: Skorchiez

also LF UK/Irish Guild :D

• Advertisement

It was kind of anoying so i left

THIS GAME IS SO ADDICTIVE.

got some purple, statue of osiric from last boss in stormtalons lair, dont have a clue what to do with it! google doesnt know either xD

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Finished Skullcano tonight (35 dungeon) and all I can say is good luck to anyone trying that with a PUG.

All the bosses are very tough and the final boss is just nuts. There is such a small room for error and in this case error means instant death I really can't imagine a PUG having a good time. The good thing however, even though we wiped numerous times the fight is fun as hell.

Really psyched for end game now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,644 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Good fun, nicely familiar but different enough to be interesting. I'll probably buy the game I think.

delta36 wrote: »
    Looking forward to trying dungeons in 4 more levels, how are people finding doing them with PUGs and without voice chat?

You will wipe. Atleast a few times. But my first run was a success so I was pleased.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Esper is great fun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

So I just decided to take a timeout from my Engineer and test out a warrior.

ERR MAH GAWD!!

I've never had so much fun with a class in my life. Jumping around like an insane person smashing everything in sight. Deffo gonna play this for a while longer and see how it goes. I'm even getting tempted to test out a tank spec once I level a bit more.

Folks on Eko - Exiles - feel free to add Jearom. I'll be on shortly once I clean this house a bit. :P

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I loved the warrior in the beta but my heart lies with healers, will definitely lvl a warrior though.
    Im torn between medic and esper for my healer main though, medic is lvl 15 esper lvl 19.
    I find im hopping between both,this indecision is killing me.

Noxin add Cullmedic and Cully on eko :)

• Advertisement

Yea i feel like re rolling a stalker, i just miss being melee. I mite check out eko, but il probably go draken for the stalks and giggles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,066 ✭✭✭BKtje

My god that first dungeon (stormtalon) is fun, that last fight is epic :D
    Was stressed to fook tanking it though. Hadn't done any tanking since I quit WoW like 7 years ago haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 bruiserwicklow

am lovin this game:) on eko chucknovice(engi) and sherlocksmate(medic)

Lads.... I just completed the best quest I've all time. I sh*t you not. I don't give a f*ck about quests by my God.....

"Shiphand: Space Madness" is literally the greatest quest of all time. I did at 32 in Farside...

No joke. Holy crap it was unreal.

Lads.... I just completed the best quest I've all time. I sh*t you not. I don't give a f*ck about quests by my God.....

"Shiphand: Space Madness" is literally the greatest quest of all time. I did at 32 in Farside...

No joke. Holy crap it was unreal.

I'll make a note of that one so.

And here's me all excited about the fact that I went cow tipping in the game earlier. (Which, to be fair, was amazing)

Really enjoying my stalker on the dom side, Looks bad ass in the collectors addition gear.

Nosferatou.jpg

• Advertisement

Kiith set up a circle on Eko instead of a guild. it's basically a chat channel so we can stay together without having the boards.ie guild curse!

Fear the Esper!

310046.jpg

I'll make a note of that one so.

And here's me all excited about the fact that I went cow tipping in the game earlier. (Which, to be fair, was amazing)

I then went on to take control of a robot and wreck people. Was awesome.

EDIT: Look at this mother f*cker

I hate how every mmo tries to recreate the f*cking hunger games why cant we just have deathmatch?? :(

aside from the shity game modes(imo) pvp seems pretty cool

• Advertisement

Bloody hell some people are idiots. Had my first bad PUG experience today. Esper with 30 metre range shouting at me to stay at range......not realising nearly all of the medics abilities are short range. We are basically melee.

Exasperating tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,066 ✭✭✭BKtje

The reason that ignore exists :)

I hate how every mmo tries to recreate the f*cking hunger games why cant we just have deathmatch?? :(

I don't really do PvP but I did it to level up to 20 and I thought the moodie mask one is a really good one lol

I'm not a fan of Battlegrounds in MMO'S but Deathmatch in a game like this would be terrible. Tanks would have no place and healers would have no objective apart from stand in the back and heal the entire team of espers and slingers who stand at range in groups and nuke each other.

Game modes like the Moodie mask give roles and structure to a team which is the what the game is all about.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 MaGiolla77

Morning Folks,

Dying to try this game out, having heard good things. Any possibility of a guest pass knocking about please?

Hardly goingto hand out pass to someone who just googled and registered to chance their arm

Kirby wrote: »
    Bloody hell some people are idiots. Had my first bad PUG experience today. Esper with 30 metre range shouting at me to stay at range......not realising nearly all of the medics abilities are short range. We are basically melee.

Exasperating tbh.

Done my first dungeon on medic earlier this morning, well the pug failed but it was a nightmare to heal as everyone is so spread out and the medics range is god awful.
    Esper was just better in this aspect,then again the downside is the esper needs to stand still to generate resources.

Dcully wrote: »
    Done my first dungeon on medic earlier this morning, well the pug failed but it was a nightmare to heal as everyone is so spread out and the medics range is god awful.
    Esper was just better in this aspect,then again the downside is the esper needs to stand still to generate resources.

Healing is really difficult in this game but it's so rewarding as a result. I change my LAS on nearly every pack.

I'm dreading the PUG dungeon. As a healer, I've always had the tank on voice with me in WoW. It should be... interesting.

First time I did Stormtalon it was a PuG and I was healing. Was grand :>

EDIT: Should probably mention here if you are going to do a Dungeon make sure you go in with all your gear fully repaired.....

• Advertisement

I suppose it's going to take a while for people in game to know how other classes play as well. The only reason I know about medic healing range is because of this thread.

Quite enjoying my warrior so far, especially the big glowy sword on his back! His damage output seems to be a bit less than my Spellslinger, but I suppose he makes up for it with survivability.

Anyone else playing the Soldier path? I (mistakenly) picked it because I thought more combat would equal more XP and faster levelling, but that's not the case. It's still very enjoyable, I thought it was all just holdouts, which it's not. Plus the ability to open weapon caches up for everyone around you and dole out grenades is quite satisfying.

I've chosen Explorer. I quite like the little jumping puzzles to reach the tops of mountains. I can then slowfall from the top which is very handy for getting down. The scavenger hunt missions suck majorly, though.

Anyone else playing the Soldier path? I (mistakenly) picked it because I thought more combat would equal more XP and faster levelling, but that's not the case. It's still very enjoyable, I thought it was all just holdouts, which it's not. Plus the ability to open weapon caches up for everyone around you and dole out grenades is quite satisfying.

Yea i picked it this time on my stalker, its really enjoyable the perks arent to bad either. The costume pieces for it looks nice to.

Yeah Medic range is something the group really needs to understand to be successful. Our core group has me main healing and my friend who plays an Esper has his single target heal to keep DPS topped up during certain fights.

It allows me to focus on the tank in the really intensive boss fights (i.e Skullcano) and works very well. You obviously don't need to have a set-up like that but it allows our DPS a little more freedom too.

Dcully wrote: »

Everytime I've healed an instance, we've been successful. The issue I had in my post was when I was dps and somebody else was healing and tanking. I felt less in control.
    Should probably mention here if you are going to do a Dungeon make sure you go in with all your gear fully repaired.....

I went settler for the repair bot. I went hardcore settler collection in my early levels. It slowed down actual levelling but it meant I had the bot by level 15 or so. I just plonked one down in the instance when people started to moan about repairs. felt good. :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,220 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Soldier for me at the moment. Much more enjoyable than Scientist so far, which was just all about scanning stuff. Got really old in some areas. Kind of wish i'd have gone Explorer though, as i enjoy jumping around the place randomly looking for stuff.

http://imgur.com/a/fsCxb

Useful link with info on class stats, professions and raid attunement.

I will hit 50 tonight. Is there anyone else who is 50 so I can begin forming a solid group for attunements?

Shouldn't have a problem getting on Mumble.

I will hit 50 tonight. Is there anyone else who is 50 so I can begin forming a solid group for attunements?

Shouldn't have a problem getting on Mumble.

:eek:

• Advertisement

:eek:

No-lifed it for a couple days lads :>

EDIT: NO judgerino

Advertisement