Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WildStar

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Is there a way to craft multiples of the same item? I've having to constantly click craft to make mroe than one of the same item.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,066 ✭✭✭BKtje

Is there much of a community / boards community (guild?) on eko. I'd be tempted to move if it was the case :)

cheers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭IRL_Sinister

How do you even Transfer in this game? :D

How do you even Transfer in this game? :D

By rolling on Eko to begin with! :cool:

Ah balls thought I could choose whatever server I wanted. Apparently I get a list of 3 PvP servers.

Nevermind so :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭Cina

Moon is quite possibly the greatest questing area I've ever played.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

The last 2 nights im getting 300 ms ping in wildstar, other games and speedtests are fine, anyone else?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Dcully wrote: »
    The last 2 nights im getting 300 ms ping in wildstar, other games and speedtests are fine, anyone else?

All good here on Ravenous anyway.

Hit 50 tonight and it felt good. Now it's time to start working on Raid attunement!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,343 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Decided to take the plunge and give this a try, only level 7 so far but definitely impressed. Has a really accomplished feel to it, and for someone that generally hates questing, I am really enjoying it. Beautiful zones and love the atmosphere so far!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,644 ✭✭✭✭nesf

PropJoe10 wrote: »
    Decided to take the plunge and give this a try, only level 7 so far but definitely impressed. Has a really accomplished feel to it, and for someone that generally hates questing, I am really enjoying it. Beautiful zones and love the atmosphere so far!

The humour breaks up the monotony for me usually.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

I love the humor in the game, i think ive read every lore book i came across. some of them were really funny. I found one about a chua massacring a tribe of some kinda slave keeper dudes.

Yea just hit 24 on my dom stalker, in whitevale at the moment. I was doing some quest killing some granok nps little did i know one of them was a player with pvp on he was lvl 35, im glad he didnt gank me or spawn camp me :o because i was swinging attacks like a mad man then never noticed it was a player.

I played last night with 30ms according to the Wildstar ping counter (Alt+F1).

I've also hit level 18. It's taking a while to level during the week as I'm training Mon/Tue/Thur evening, and soon to start driving lessons on whatever other days I find free!

Quite a few 50s popping up in Heresy now, with even more in the late 40s. I still don't have a grasp of the crafting system, but I'm gradually getting used to the amp system and Esper healing.

I'm looking to level a Stalker tank next. Would love to do it with some boardsies. We can all play together on these alts when we're all online, otherwise just continue levelling our main toons.

Anyone interested? I'm rolling on Eko PvE as that's where my guild is/other boardsies now are. Would be sweet to get a tank, healer and DPS going together. Pull all the things! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭Cina

MagicIRL wrote: »
    Total inaccurate as it only measures your time to the server, not to and from the server. There's an addon you can get that shows your real response time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

Cina wrote: »
    Total inaccurate as it only measures your time to the server, not to and from the server. There's an addon you can get that shows your real response time.

Which is concerning as my ping is nearly always over 200, where are their servers based? some place in the US or something.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Calhoun wrote: »
    Which is concerning as my ping is nearly always over 200, where are their servers based? some place in the US or something.

There's EU and US servers.

I'm playing in Australia and closest server is Dallas. 300ms + latency and it'll never get any better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

That ping counter is completely useless. 40ms? Me arse. There was quite a lot of lag last night. atleast 500 ms. It was irritating.

I've also hit level 18. It's taking a while to level during the week as I'm training Mon/Tue/Thur evening, and soon to start driving lessons on whatever other days I find free!

Quite a few 50s popping up in Heresy now, with even more in the late 40s. I still don't have a grasp of the crafting system, but I'm gradually getting used to the amp system and Esper healing.

Alt+F1 was showing 40 ms but it felt laggy so i installed an addon, dont recall name but it was like titan panel for wow, displayign your fps,ping,gold,xp gain per etc and it showed ping of 100-300 on and off.

Speaking of Heresy guild, is it being kept a smallish guild deliberately? my medic is still there.
    The reason i ask is my esper is in another guild and the GM seems obsessed with hitting 200 members,id love if Heresy isnt thinking similar.
    Im not a fan of massive guilds,id prefer a smallish guild as its easier to get to know people.
    Ive been in big guilds in the past and no matter how often you play even guild runs can feel like pugs,there is a point when a guild is just too big imho.
    I must get my esper an inv to Heresy, seem a nice bunch.

Alt+F1 was showing 40 ms but it felt laggy so i installed an addon, dont recall name but it was like titan panel for wow, displayign your fps,ping,gold,xp gain per etc and it showed ping of 100-300 on and off.

If ya find the name for it lemme know. Would be interested in it myself, especially the XP Gain per hour or whatever, because I feel like I'm hitting dead spots of quests.

• Advertisement

I'm looking to level a Stalker tank next. Would love to do it with some boardsies. We can all play together on these alts when we're all online, otherwise just continue levelling our main toons.

Anyone interested? I'm rolling on Eko PvE as that's where my guild is/other boardsies now are. Would be sweet to get a tank, healer and DPS going together. Pull all the things! :cool:

Sure I'll roll a healer there. I'll create him tomorrow. Got important things to do today like go for a motorbike ride in the mountains and then watch the world cup while working haha.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,343 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Is Curse OK to use these days? I got a keylogger from it before, led to my WoW account being hacked about 5 times. Never trusted it since.

Eugenic uploaded boss 2 & 3 in 20 man

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC06D1wvKt5loYd5_-vzHpWQ

Patch day
    General
    Items in a guild bank will properly transfer when a new guild leader is promoted.
    Added a way to filter guild invites. This can be turned on from the Interface Options menu or the invites themselves. The filter blocks invites from players who are not in your friends list or share a guild/circle/arena team/warparty with you.
    A new report spam feature has been implemented for the Mail system. This functions similar to the right click report feature in chat, and players will be able to smite those pesky gold spammers via this system. Buhbye spammers!
    Account services tutorials in FR and DE should be clearer.
    Clarified the realm transfer error messaging if a Player Character is the leader of a guild or a Warparty.
    Fixed a crash that could occur during the shutdown of one instance of an instanced world.
    Fixed a user server crash that sometime occur when a guild is disbanded.
    Fixed a world crash related to realm transfers and character deletions.
    Fixed an issue that could cause players to be charged multiple times when buying the Advanced or Expert Riding Skills.
    Fixed certain issues pertaining to settlement reputations improperly reading parent faction ("The Exiles" or "The Dominion") reputation values.
    Lower-case j spacing has been fixed. LOOK UPON MY LOWERCASE J AND DESPAIR!
    Subtitles on cinematics will now use word wrap.
    There is now a new marker for when an item is not multi-redeemable, which basically means you can only use it once.
    We will no longer display your IP Address when you are disconnected for some reason. Sorry streamers! :(
    Characters

General
    Fixed a bug that where the "In Combat" state on the client differs from the server after a reconnect. This affected Espers innate ability, other similar combat-only abilities, and weapon animations.
    Fixed a bug which enabled players to equip multiple unique bags.
    Fixed a crash related to summoned pets.
    Fixed character intro videos to play in the correct language.
    Renown and guild influence now requires more than one party member to be involved in the kill.
    Items
    Platinum Igniform and Platinum Glaciform crafted weapons’ Assault and Support Power bonuses have been adjusted to their intended amount.
    Classes

General
    Modified tether physics to reduce the frequency of painful wall collision deaths.
    Engineer

General
    The synergy between Bolt Caster and Bio Shell was so strong that it allowed Engineer to output DPS numbers considerably higher than other classes. While we enjoy the play style, the damage output was unfair by comparison. Here are the changes we made to address this issue:
    Bolt Caster was changed from 5 lines to 3 and the damage per line has been increased (but the total damage possible decreased.) This will make the ability a more consistent performer regardless of the size of the target
    Bolt Caster
    Base
    Shoots 3 projectiles, down from 5.
    7.25 damage per level, up from 4.92.
    22.87% Assault Power , up from 15.51%
    Minor Tier Bonus
    2.02% Assault Power per tier, up from 1.26%
    Bio Shell’s cast time and damage have both been decreased due to the strength of the Tier 4 bonus and partially due to its synergy with Bolt Caster.
    Bio Shell
    Base
    1.9s cast time, down from 2s.
    19.1 damage per level, down from 20.18.
    60.29% Assault Power , down from 63.76%
    Minor Tier Bonus
    7% Assault Power per tier, down from 8.35%
    Medic

Abilities
    Emission
    Fixed an issue where the Tier 8 Bonus would sometimes break and allow the Medic to heal others with the bonus on every tick.
    Spellslinger

Abilities
    Dual Fire
    Fixed an issue with cooldown getting reset if the Player toggles Spell Surge.
    Stalker

General
    When a Stalker with the Assassin AMP equipped takes damage, they still won't lose stealth, but they will be force detected.
    Abilities
    Neutralize
    Fixed an issue that would cause its Suit Power cost to not reset when mounted.
    PvP

General
    Deaths in PvP matches no longer get double counted.
    Fixed a bug which was causing players to be marked as AFK upon death while in a PvP match.
    Fixed an issue in the PvP scoreboard where player stats would stop updating.
    Items
    Items with faction requirements will now properly function (provide stat bonuses) within PvP matches.
    Walatiki Temple
    The Medic ability “Extricate” will no longer work on mask carriers.
    Content

General
    Fixed an issue with daily quest turn-ins not functioning as intended.
    World Story
    Drusera Instances: Fixed issue where players who dropped a Drusera instance quest were not offered it again
    Drusera 3 - The Hidden Dark: Players should no longer be prevented from changing their costume after being cloned.
    Drusera 4 - Revelations of Power: Creatures can no longer get stuck on the Exanite pillar buildings, thus preventing players from completing the event.
    Achievements/Challenges
    Fixed a rare crash that could occur if a challenge is started before the character is fully loaded.
    Auroria
    Fixed an issue with Buzzbing Zone Boss King Honeygrave that prevented him from healing while casting Mending Swarm.
    Dominion Arkship
    Dominion Arkship Tutorial - Adjusted the explosion spell on the Primal Fusion Device in the Holodeck so it only appears for the player detonating it.
    Ellevar
    The rock for the quest "Raving Ravenok" now has a ten second fail safe for a very rare case where it can never be activated again.
    Farside
    When you don't do what Kezrek Warbringer tells you during the quest "To the Dishonor", the quest will automatically fail and be available to you to try again immediately!
    Galeras
    Skywatch Settler Payoff now able to be accessed directly.
    The quest "Taken Away" in Galeras can now be completed properly if you logged out in the middle.
    Grimvault
    Players no longer have to carry around the Deletion Grenades available during the System Sweep Quest in Grimvault any longer than is necessary to complete the objective.
    Malgrave Hellrose Bowl
    Fixed an issue where the third quartet of Emberclan Moodies would not spawn.
    The vertical Protostar sign will now draw correctly.
    Wilderrun
    Gamma Watcher in Wilderrun will now spawn at the same rate as most other rare spawns.
    Deathbringer Kala will no longer get stuck if someone 1-shots her.
    Deathbringer Kala has ended her Wilderrun walkabout. She should now remain at her post so players can challenge her.
    Adventures

General
    Partial Primal Patterns are no longer a guaranteed reward from Veteran Adventure Medal rewards.
    Riot in the Void
    Fixed an issue that caused the events "Demented Demolition" and "Hidden Agendas" to spawn too many waves of rioting prisoners in Riot in the Void.
    Updated the durability stats of Rioting Prisoners and Max Sec Inmates to more closely match their spawn timer in Riot in the Void.
    Crimelords of Whitevale
    Players are able to leave Sub-Basement 101 after attending the Protostar Consumer Conference in Crimelords of Whitevale, and Instances no longer remain busy after completing the Protostar Consumer Conference in Crimelords of Whitevale.
    The Malgrave Trail
    Fixed in issue in The Malgrave Trail that could cause the wrong achievements to be completed upon finishing each destination's encounters.
    Dungeons General
    Most creatures are now immune to root and hold effects, preventing their spell casts from being interrupted while they still have interrupt armor.
    Stormtalon's Lair
    Players standing outside of Stormtalon's den will now be killed when Stormtalon casts Static Wave.
    Skullcano
    Mordechai Redmoon:
    Fixed an issue that was causing his challenge to fail incorrectly (Veteran)
    Pin/Big Bang should no longer be cast on Pets.
    Sanctuary of the Swordmaiden
    Players will no longer be able to resurrect while in combat with Moldwood Maulers and Corrupted Veteran Swordmaidens in the central hub.
    Raids

General
    Added achievements for the raid attunement quests.
    Genetic Archives
    Malfunctioning Piston
    Dash will no longer target players outside of the area.
    Base Interrupt Armor has been reduced from 6 to 0.
    Datascape
    Added Realm-first achievements for all boss encounters.
    System Daemons
    Health disparity now has a story panel
    System Restore
    Now only occurs during a health disparity
    Applies a stacking damage buff on cast complete
    Purge
    Is no longer a channel
    Now also occurs on a normal cooldown outside of a health disparity
    Updated VFX
    Updated timing and cycle order for holdout spawns.
    Added 10 second delay before the first stack of Radiation Sickness is applied.
    Removed the Cooldown Sequence.
    Invalidate
    Escalation is now tied to boss HP instead of firewall power.
    Updated VFX.
    Updated holdout creatures' HP values (most went up).
    Overload now properly increases damage dealt and taken.
    Increased boss auto attack damage.
    Upload and Download
    No longer chain casts
    Occurs more frequently (~20s).
    Disconnect now pauses while the holdout is paused during the enhancement phase.
    Covered an edge case for the second enhancement phase triggering during the first one.
    Paths

General
    In the Arkship Tutorials, we made it so the path representative would call players about the path quest again if players did not interact with the initial call before logging out.
    Path Abilities with long cooldown timers have been adjusted to now count down while logged out.
    Explorer
    The fallen explorers for ‘SCAVENGER HUNT: Forgotten Treasures’ are clickable again.
    Soldier
    Auroria:
    Assassination: Hivestrike Protector - Fixed the difficulty of the enemies so players could complete the mission solo.
    Economy Auction House/Commodity Exchange
    Fixed the Commodities marketplace ‘Buy Now’ confirm button tooltip to show that tax was added, not multiplied into the total price for the order.
    Tradeskills

General
    Brigade Archaeologist Renwall and Commission Agent Excavex vastly overestimated the number of Eldan Data Fragments in stock and will now only offer them to a Player once that Player is in a crafting career.
    The Brigade and the Commission will now only allow the Player to complete a single Eldercraft daily per day. They congratulate Players that have capitalized on this opportunity, and apologize to those that were unable to profit from their oversight.
    Tradeskill talents which reduce crafting costs will now be honored when determining if the recipe can be crafted.
    Architect
    Architect crafted items were a little too profitable. We adjusted the sell prices of Decor items and FABkits, and adjusted the required materials for some blueprints.
    The item quality of some Architect crafted items is still too high. Lowered lots of purple crafted items to blue, blue down to green, and where we needed to upped some whites up to green and green to blue.
    Cooking
    Chefs Cecilia and Theok should no longer offer cooking quests in Illium or Thayd that reward Eldan Data Fragments.
    Outfitter
    Fixed an issue where references to Hunter's LitheTek Advanced Legs were not appearing properly in the Outfitter tech tree.
    User Interface
    Added a background to the Loot Notification window so you'll know when your mouse is over it. Made the Loot Notification window ignore the mouse when it's not moveable.
    Fixed a bug that caused the "Reset" button on the Costume/Dye vendor to cause the preview window to display the incorrect dyes.
    Fixed a crash occurring on the Northern Wilds Adventure map.
    Fixed an issue that caused various parts of the action bar to not behave correctly if the player reference wasn't loaded fully.
    Fixed issue with telegraphs sometimes not showing up through portals.
    Fixed some cases where activate icons and nameplates might not show up.
    Mouse and Keyboard sliders have been added to Combat Options. You can now set some low speeds for epic video capture or some high speeds for epic dance parties!
    The German client will now correctly initiate a whisper when choosing the option from the context menu.
    The quest tracker will no longer steal mouse inputs when it's not marked as "Movable".
    Changed friendship LUA event FriendshipRemoved to FriendshipPostRemove for clarity.
    Fixed the sorting of quests by distance option so that it updates in quest tracker, zone map, and mini map.
    Auction House: Tooltips for items in search results will no longer display incorrectly in certain circumstances.
    Occluded hostile PvP units will now report the last known position to the UI.
    The ‘Select Parent Décor’ popup now clears after linking décor, when using the housing interface.
    Addons
    Fixed issues with addons that were caused by recent changes to mouse input.

I'm finding life as an Esper is getting difficult. So much standing still means I'm being blasted by telegraphs.

I'm finding life as an Esper is getting difficult. So much standing still means I'm being blasted by telegraphs.

I just noticed that in my first adventure. Difficult to sustain damage when you have to move around so much.

irishmover wrote: »
    I just noticed that in my first adventure. Difficult to sustain damage when you have to move around so much.

Exactly. Plus, everything needs to be 'built up' so you can use your Psi points to dump massive damage. More standing still! Heck, even the 'R' 'Special ability' roots you to the ground!

Rolling a Stalker tonight. I'm happy to just get a feel for the game still. The guild is pressing on to raid, but without the time required I won't be joining in anytime soon so I can afford to doss around.

So far I've gone Engineer to Esper and now I'll go Stalker. I like the idea of the Stalker tank, but we'll see how I get on.

Exactly. Plus, everything needs to be 'built up' so you can use your Psi points to dump massive damage. More standing still! Heck, even the 'R' 'Special ability' roots you to the ground!

Rolling a Stalker tonight. I'm happy to just get a feel for the game still. The guild is pressing on to raid, but without the time required I won't be joining in anytime soon so I can afford to doss around.

So far I've gone Engineer to Esper and now I'll go Stalker. I like the idea of the Stalker tank, but we'll see how I get on.

Well I was wiping the floor of the other dps when I could manage to stand still. Im not sure what end game is like but I think the Esper isn't too bad. If anything it would require more skill to play which is good, master the Esper you'll master any class!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭KilOit

Damn they nerfed my Platnium igniform blade!!
    what annoys me is that they had the same stat in beta and only nerf it after the game has beeg released

guys !!!
    i love wildstar. That is all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭wonderboysam

damn dude I'd pay 30€ for a faction change, hook me up carbine !

Join project group reroll on Eko! Exile baby!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭wonderboysam

Thats the problem my friends told me they were going dominion on Eko and then they all quit before they even tried a dungeon!! jerks :( So I'm stuck with my lonely lvl 46 spellslinger :(

I've hit the wall. Level 18 on the Esper and just cba to log in and quest. Going to give it a day or two and come back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

I've hit the wall. Level 18 on the Esper and just cba to log in and quest. Going to give it a day or two and come back.

Tell me about it :), love the engineer but the will to login is not there. The queues killed my motivation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 921 ✭✭✭delta36

Just saw in the shop on the WildStar website that account services for Realm Transfer and Name Change are available, although they are €17 quid each, which seems a bit pricey.

Can't get enough of the game ,best mmo in years and potential to oust wow as my return to mmo.
    Summer and gaming don't mix well with me so I'm leveling slowly but I feel I'll be in this for the long haul as the game is packed with end game.

Was doing some pvp with 2 guildies there for a while was great fun on the stalker, i love the clone skill. And the deck hand missions are my favorite so far next to the mission i had in whitevale where i found a lopp after a stag do with two dead prostitutes outside a cave.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭KilOit

Played Exile in the beta and hated it! too pansy!
    Couldn't play alliance in WoW, was always Horde

• Advertisement

Anyone else constantly being disconnected from the server on eko today ?

Decided to focus on DPS over raw healing by mixing Insight, Moxie and Finesse. I've also unlocked the second action bar yoke so I now have a DPS and Healing spec.

Played a bit today and finally hit 20. Did some housework and planted a bunch of seeds. Enjoyed myself today.

Anyone on Eko dominion side looking for some neighbors feel free to add me nosferatou

Decided to focus on DPS over raw healing by mixing Insight, Moxie and Finesse. I've also unlocked the second action bar yoke so I now have a DPS and Healing spec.

Played a bit today and finally hit 20. Did some housework and planted a bunch of seeds. Enjoyed myself today.

You don't want any insight at all if you're going pure dps.

Moxie -> Brutality -> finesse

Insight doesn't benefit damage, only healing!

irishmover wrote: »
    You don't want any insight at all if you're going pure dps.

Moxie -> Brutality -> finesse

Insight doesn't benefit damage, only healing!

Yeah, I meant Hybrid not Pure!

Finished up on Vet Adventure gold runs and geared enough to start healing Vet Dungeons now which is good as I'm not a fan of the Adventures. Away for the next 2 days but going to start working on Silver for each dungeon when I get back to finish attunement!

Once you cap your Elder Points for the week you start to make a lot of gold from Dailies and 5 mans. Made over 2 platinum in the last 2 days alone and at current prices it should be no problem to keep a subscription through CREDD without having to pay a thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

What are elder gems used for? I have one and it's tooltip is a fairly snazzy "If you don't know what this is, you don't have enough of them yet!" :P

Need them to start the raid attunement.

I hit 21. I've found a nice little AoE set-up with my Esper that's allowing for some lovely large mob pulls.

Open up with Telekentic Strike, and spam it while the mobs come to melee range. Drop Restraint to snare them and then Telekentic Storm on top of it for maximum AoE DPS. Loose the little Spider things on them if needed, and have the Knockdown available for any big spells. Phan. Armour in case things get hairy, and maybe even Illusionary Blades if you're so inclined.

Kirby wrote: »
    What are elder gems used for? I have one and it's tooltip is a fairly snazzy "If you don't know what this is, you don't have enough of them yet!" :P

They're an end-game currency. You need them for Raid Attunement but you can use them to buy gear and stuff too!

Once you hit 50 all your XP goes into Elder levels and you get one gem per level and all XP counts, so dailies, dungeons, kills etc. You cap at 140 gems per week and after that any XP earned is converted into gold so do your dailies folks it's well worth it!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

MagicIrl - level 20 Gardener

• Advertisement
Advertisement