Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WildStar

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Completionist

Glad both of you are enjoying it :D

Only gotten to level 11 myself and have yet to do much of anything due to the constant crashes but so far I am enjoying myself. Hopefully I can get up to a decent level when I have more time to play next week then maybe we could group up and do some group content?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

How did you all get Beta invites??? :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

Magic, download is taking ages though :( should be on tomorrow :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭Monty - the one and only

Big Knox wrote: »

I was highly active in stress tests,reporting bugs and such, interesting game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭KilOit

Generous boards member gave me a friend invite

• Advertisement

I've done everything possible to get my hands on one and no luck. Glad everyone's enjoying it so far, I'm hearing good things!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

just all the more for you to enjoy when it goes live knox ! I kinda dont want to beta this one incase i burn out. Anyways i thought the nda was lifted for for the first 15 levels of this game ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 829 ✭✭✭Eoin247

I think i'm one of the only people voluntarily not doing the beta! I always like to start my main character that i'm gonna keep without having experienced the game before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

Nice housing video

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

I'd love a beta key if anyone has one spare!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭Monty - the one and only

Lone Stone wrote: »
    just all the more for you to enjoy when it goes live knox ! I kinda dont want to beta this one incase i burn out. Anyways i thought the nda was lifted for for the first 15 levels of this game ?

no its not, beta players can only discuss what has been released, nothing else.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I logged in yesterday as i heard if i did so on a Saturday id get a key each Saturday to give out, no joy however apparently that offer is finished.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

Nobody has a key to give out?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 829 ✭✭✭Eoin247

You can discuss anything in the first 15 levels as long as it's not from your own personal experience (Unless you are part of the press)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Darius.Tr

So how are people finding the game so far? Been looking for a new mmo to get into for a while now and this seems like a great one.

cba with a long breakdown of it but put it this way i will be subscribing to it on release

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 940 ✭✭✭GHOST MGG

if any kind boardsie still has a spare friends key id be much obliged:-)

Ive only played 2 characters to lv 9 or so, i dont want to go too far as i want the game to be new when i buy it.
    What i did play was very very fluid and totally polished.
    I will be playing more but maybe not go past lvl 15-20.

Still no luck, entered a couple of give-aways so fingers crossed.

Still no luck, entered a couple of give-aways so fingers crossed.

There was a guy streaming lastnight and giving away keys every hour.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Is this close to being released?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

They have been aiming for a spring release, which could be anywhere in the next 3 or 4 months, but what Ive seen on streams looks very polished but endgame could still be pretty unfinished, NDA blocks anyone describing after lvl 15 in the beta.

Date could also put it in competition with Elder Scrolls Online (April 4th I think).

Dcully wrote: »
    There was a guy streaming lastnight and giving away keys every hour.

Yeah there seems to be a lot of keys around so hopefully I'll get my hands on one soon.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

How is this any different to guild wars 2?

How is this any different to guild wars 2?
    Hated GW2, tried so many times to like it but just wasn't happening.

Wildstar feels like vanilla WoW to me, it flows like it but combat is way better in Wildstar.
    I guess you could say the combat is like GW2 but the quests and leveling is more like WoW, same with the professions.

GW2 tried too hard to look great and try be this epic thing, Wildstar is just fun to play and look at, doesn't take itself too seriously. Animation and aesthetic in Wildstar is fantastic, it's just so fluid, GW2 was clunky to me.

Wildstar has a few issues but i feel the groundwork is there and few improvements here and there and it'll be great.
    The game is grindy, professions, housing and Path system make the game very complex and deep, it takes ages to level also but i like that :D

Ahhh good to hear, I asked because there was all this hype for gw2 and then when it was released everyone seemed very disappointed with it lol (I loved it personally) so I was just wondering with the hype this is getting is this gonna turn out the same?

Theres always hype for every mmo i find,i tend to fall right into that trap every time.
    The latest being final fantasy ,good game but just didnt suck me in, yeah GW2 is poor to be honest, its a poor mans mmo.
    The combat in Wildstar reminds me of Tera a bit which is a good thing.

Ahhh good to hear, I asked because there was all this hype for gw2 and then when it was released everyone seemed very disappointed with it lol (I loved it personally) so I was just wondering with the hype this is getting is this gonna turn out the same?

Can't say, the issues people had with GW2 is that it had no end game, most people loved the leveling up though.
    Can't comment on Wildstar's endgame because i'm not max rank and can't speak of after level 15.
    I've played for a good 20+ hours now and did a dungeon (don't think i can talk about it)
    but i did do a world boss when i was level 12 called Metal Maw and found the experience great! the combat worked great with boss mechanics and if they turn that up a notch for end game stuff it'll be amazing and have the same complexity as wow's bosses.
    Carbine are selling this game with tags of endgame material and judging by quality of the game so far i think people will like it.
    Only did 1 battleground, felt like a WoW battleground, can't really comment on it as i'm not big into pvp in games like this, Planetside 2 quenches that thirst :D

The Wildstar forums are quite positive, a lot of people love this game.

Can people talk about what classes they played and how they found them? I'm very interested in hearing first hand thoughts on the medic and engineer!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

It's melee healer which is odd will have a go of it as I normally play healing class let ya know. As nda might send you a pm.

Advertisement