Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WildStar

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 829 ✭✭✭Eoin247

So an official article was released about the guild system.

http://www.wildstar-online.com/en/news/guilding_the_space-lily_with_wildstar.php

I never really got very in deep with guilds in earlier mmos, mainly due to having irregular play hours. As a result I'm not to sure how I feel about the advantages you get for playing with your guild a lot. Hopefully I can benefit from them as my play time can be planned much more now days. Could be annoying for people who like guild to be in the background of their play rather than the foreground.

The holo marks sound cool though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Calhoun wrote: »
    It's melee healer which is odd will have a go of it as I normally play healing class let ya know. As nda might send you a pm.

They only have self heals though right and their group role is tank?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

I am pretty sure they are one of the main healers, i was under the impression it was a heal/dps class.

I am pretty sure they are one of the main healers, i was under the impression it was a heal/dps class.

We talking about Engineer? I'm a little confused now lol. Medic is a healer but it's not melee, just has less range than the other two.

Big Knox wrote: »
    We talking about Engineer? I'm a little confused now lol. Medic is a healer but it's not melee, just has less range than the other two.

Ah sorry was confused, engineers are tank/dps as you say and medic is melee ranged healer who makes up for it by having medium armor.

• Advertisement

Ah sorry was confused, engineers are tank/dps as you say and medic is melee ranged healer who makes up for it by having medium armor.

Yeah sorry I was confused myself as I'm sure Engineers have self heals so thought you meant them at first. Anyone tried Engineer? Looks an interesting class!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭KilOit

Anyone in guilds that are planning to play this?
    Don't think i can play hardcore like my WoW days but maybe on the border of casual/hardcore.
    Looking for a mature guild with majority 25 year+ not interested in 16yr old officers telling me what to do :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

I think that sort of guild format is annoying to alot of people. It works best as just a group of friends deciding things as a group. You have a guild/raid leader and a group of people to help and talk to. "Officer" stuff is just too regimented and leads to resentment.

I plan on playing the crap out of this game when it gets released....or if I get a beta key. I'd like to raid alot but don't want it to be a stressful environment.

Kirby wrote: »
    I think that sort of guild format is annoying to alot of people. It works best as just a group of friends deciding things as a group. You have a guild/raid leader and a group of people to help and talk to. "Officer" stuff is just too regimented and leads to resentment.

I plan on playing the crap out of this game when it gets released....or if I get a beta key. I'd like to raid alot but don't want it to be a stressful environment.

Not really, in WoW i was in a proper hardcore guild with no cancelled raid days because so an so didn't turn up, you had 25 no lifers with 1 objective that is to progress content and get server firsts, everyone gave 110% and not once did i feel it was a big waste of time.
    Probably the most fun i've ever had gaming wise. guild had zero drama because everyone was on the same page and officers were professional.

If you go one below that with a guild that thinks it's hardcore and raids content with the village idiot with crap connection that only raids if his girlfriend is in the same raid etc you're going to get drama, cancelled raid days and generally low moral, they're no fun at all

Shouldnt you be focusing on helicopters and not addictive mmo's :)

• Advertisement

Newest batch of keys went out today. Still no joy. Anyone get lucky?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭wonderboysam

no joy 8(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭Cina

Yeah nothing here, I signed up right at the start too, disappointing.

That said, it might be better long term to just get a beta weekend or two coming closer to launch, I'm highly excited for this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Completionist

Cina wrote: »
    Yeah nothing here, I signed up right at the start too, disappointing.

That said, it might be better long term to just get a beta weekend or two coming closer to launch, I'm highly excited for this one.

If you signed up right at the start then you will need to sign up again. When they switched over to the NCSoft account system all previous beta applications were lost.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭Cina

If you signed up right at the start then you will need to sign up again. When they switched over to the NCSoft account system all previous beta applications were lost.
    Yeah I did that, the NC account thing, it was likely near when it was first introduced.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

New Dev Speak up on IGN - Customisation, and lots of it.

http://ie.ign.com/videos/2014/01/29/wildstar-customization-dev-speak

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

This game is looking awesome. Really hope the endgame is good (Or at least has a solid foundation that they can build on).

Magill wrote: »
    This game is looking awesome. Really hope the endgame is good (Or at least has a solid foundation that they can build on).

Too bloody awesome. If I don't get a beta key soon I'm going to explode. I need to stop getting sucked into all the delicious media.

Shouldnt you be focusing on helicopters and not addictive mmo's :)

We all have our hobbies right? :D

And this one looks pretty damned cool. I was a huge Vanilla WoW fan so this seems right up my ally. I haven't gotten properly engrossed in an MMO since Star wars or maybe guild wars 2....and that was over a year ago.

If anyone manages to get a hold of a beta key, I'd appreciate a pm. I haven't had any luck so far. :)

We all have our hobbies right? :D

And this one looks pretty damned cool. I was a huge Vanilla WoW fan so this seems right up my ally. I haven't gotten properly engrossed in an MMO since Star wars or maybe guild wars 2....and that was over a year ago.

If anyone manages to get a hold of a beta key, I'd appreciate a pm. I haven't had any luck so far. :)

hahah indeed im only joking, hopefully your exams in this area went ok. I'll keep an eye out for a key if i can, must ask my mate where he got it from.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭wonderboysam

I wish they'd just release it so I could quit feckin wow!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,206 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

It really is looking pretty amazing. I've kind of lost the will to play any MMO's for a while now, but i'll definitely give this a shot.

If they can replicate the vanilla wow feeling....which I feel they can....than they will have at least a million strong at launch. I know people scoff at the idea but a lot of people have left WoW but miss the feeling of the old days. There is a market there that is just waiting.

Their only barrier is knowledge. Not enough people know the game exists. Beta or not, they need to get their marketing into gear.

I wish they'd just release it so I could quit feckin wow!!

Don't wish for that!
    I'm hoping they delay it till towards the end of the year. few things need some sorting and performance is pretty bad even on my 2500k cpu 670gtx
    love the game to be in almost pristine condition as possible, ground work is there anyway providing they're not telling porky pies about the end game because no one did any yet. All said and done the beta is really great and game is a lot of fun to play.

If they can replicate the vanilla wow feeling....which I feel they can....than they will have at least a million strong at launch. I know people scoff at the idea but a lot of people have left WoW but miss the feeling of the old days. There is a market there that is just waiting.

Their only barrier is knowledge. Not enough people know the game exists. Beta or not, they need to get their marketing into gear.
    Release epic end game stuff in beta and lift NDA and the beta players will do all the marketing :)

KilOit wrote: »
    Release epic end game stuff in beta and lift NDA and the beta players will do all the marketing :)

I dunno. None of the irl guys I played WoW with even knew it existed until I told them. It's still early but they need to do a better job of getting the word out there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

I think I can wait. There aren't that many solid MMOs out there to play these days, but it's made up for by the fact that very few games have held my attention for particularly long in beta and then on into live. Especially when a box price + sub is on the cards. With that in mind, I cannot see this replicating the "Vanilla WoW [TM]" experience, by virtue of the fact that WoW was my first Vanilla Triple A MMO experience. Ultima Online was a hell of an experience but to be fair, it got away with a helluva lot of liberties at the time. WoW broke the mold because it made certain promises that left expectations for every other MMO. I'm ok with no End-game content at launch, because WoW had none at launch, all I would ask is that I don't piss through content to end-game in a week. If it takes me a month to end-game and then there is no end-game for another month or two at that stage, I think I can handle it. Either it will take me three months to reach end-game or I will max 3 characters. Either way, I expect I will put a lot of my time and money into this game. WoW is already long dead to me, not because it has been killed by another Triple A title but rather; because it's been necromantised so many times at this point that it's not even the same game anymore...

WoW had Molten Core at launch. 40 man raid. Proper endgame. Including Ragnaros. :)

Also getting key to molten core was pretty hard at release LBRS and UBRS which was 15 man was very unforgiving for green geared players.

• Advertisement

KilOit wrote: »
    Also getting key to molten core was pretty hard at release LBRS and UBRS which was 15 man was very unforgiving for green geared players.

Not to mention the other end game content at launch, Onyxia. The key to her lair was a massive 15 part quest. I remember everyone used to have to look that up on "Thottbot" :P.

I hope that there are no delays with this one. Release cant come soon enough.

Advertisement