Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WildStar

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Mssg

ok, you should have the key by now. Good luck and expect a lot of laggs :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3 arecyus

Got it TY :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 940 ✭✭✭GHOST MGG

if anyone else has a spare stress key id be cheeky enough to gratefully ask for it:-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Brand new accounts with no posts getting sent beta keys. ffs guys. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Game is excellent. It really opens up once you hit 15+. The dungeons are so well done, already up there with WoWs quality 5 mans. For anyome that hits 15 this weekend make sure to try the adventure at 15 and then the dungeons from 17 - 20. Player housing opens at 14 and is really well done if you're into it!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,002 ✭✭✭KilOit

Kirby wrote: »
    Brand new accounts with no posts getting sent beta keys. ffs guys. :(

I sent mine to Dermighty, i don't even acknowledge new accounts that people set up to beg for free stuff.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Big Knox wrote: »
    Game is excellent. It really opens up once you hit 15+. The dungeons are so well done, already up there with WoWs quality 5 mans. For anyome that hits 15 this weekend make sure to try the adventure at 15 and then the dungeons from 17 - 20. Player housing opens at 14 and is really well done if you're into it!!

Ill lvl up a toon over the weekend to sample some adventures and dungeons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Darius.Tr

Is there a stress test this weekend again?

Dcully wrote: »
    Ill lvl up a toon over the weekend to sample some adventures and dungeons.

You should dude, the dungeons are a lot of fun. They are challenging though so try get a good group! You can enter them at 17 manually, queue starts at level 20.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

Playing away at the moment. Quite enjoying it. Very cartoony looking but that doesn't bother me much. Level 8 atm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,850 ✭✭✭Fnz

Anyone around, right now, looking for a key (or who can pass it on on my behalf)? It's only for this weekend's stress test, unfortunately.

I should be asleep by now so... respond sooner rather than later, please. :)

N.B. I won't be passing it out to users with low post counts.

Fnz wrote: »
    Anyone around, right now, looking for a key (or who can pass it on on my behalf)? It's only for this weekend's stress test, unfortunately.

Hey man, completely your call but I think you should offer it to Kirby. He's been looking for the past few weeks. I don't know if he got a stress key for this weekend but if he didn't I'm sure he will appreciate it.

Hey man, completely your call but I think you should offer it to Kirby. He's been looking for the past few weeks. I don't know if he got a stress key for this weekend but if he didn't I'm sure he will appreciate it.

Will PM it to Kirby. Thanks. :)

Hopefully she/he is around (and notices it).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Darius.Tr

I wouldn't mind taking a beta key if anyone has a spare one again :) I seem to have a bad luck with them myself...

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Mssg

I feel that sometimes there is to much quests to take... is it just me?

Mssg wrote: »
    I feel that sometimes there is to much quests to take... is it just me?

What level? I think I got to 10 or 11 last night before they called a 30 minute break to patch something but I never found I had too many quests. Usually when picking up a batch bunch of quests they are all around the one area too. So you get rid of then just a quick.
    I had a small venture into crafting last night too. Interesting. Bit different from the norm.
    Not getting to play today much to my disappointment but I'll be back online tomorrow. But so far, I think this might be winning over ESO.

Thanks guys. :)

Been downloading since 2 pm.....only at 35%. Curse my internet! :mad: Getting fibre in my area in April apparently. Can't wait.

Edit: aaaaand fibre in my area has been pushed back to May. Just checked there. Why am I not surprised!

Kirby wrote: »
    Been downloading since 2 pm.....only at 35%. Curse my internet! :mad: Getting fibre in my area in April apparently. Can't wait.

Edit: aaaaand fibre in my area has been pushed back to May. Just checked there. Why am I not surprised!

Same for my area,was meant to be april now may :(

Played a good bit today and enjoyed it a lot more,tanked a few adventures and was great fun.
    No doubt the game is really good,questing is nice and varied if a little grindy,combat is very good,seems to be a huge amount of content.
    Now i have a right big headache, ESO or Wildstar.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 940 ✭✭✭GHOST MGG

It wont matter for you cully..you buy every mmo that was ever made:-p

GHOST MGG wrote: »
    It wont matter for you cully..you buy every mmo that was ever made:-p

Tell me about it, i think i have a problem.

You got me thinking so i got my boxed collection together for a photo
    Add in all the digital ones like Rift,Aion,FF Online a realm reborn,GW1 have the box somewhere]and GW2,champions online and yes i have a problem, but hey im not subbed to any the last year or so :P

IMAG0249.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

dam i should really pay more to attention to these beta events, wouldnt have minded giving it a go! ah well.

I played it for several hours this morning after leaving it downloading over night. It's excellent. It's like they took the best bits from Guild wars, Star wars and WoW and just stuck them in a blender. I love the "land grab" motif they have going on and the Firefly-esque western feel. Nice little touches aswell, like if you kill a boss NPC and then later pick up a quest to kill him.....you don't have to go do it again. The quest auto completes.

I picked the big stone golem looking guys and went Warrior as my class. Combat is fast and every class being essentially able to AoE is clever. Instant healing between fights means no downtime.

It's beta, so there is a lot of place holder icons and graphics. One of the cutscenes bugged out on me though which had a ship getting blown up.....but the ship never rendered so it was very odd looking. :p

Information overload is a problem though. There is a lot thrown at you in the first few hours. As a veteran, I understood it but I can see why people have been saying they felt overwhelmed.

As a side note I think its excellent that they have UI scaling facilities already. Most games played at 1920x1200 end up with tiny text and it's a pain to read. In this, you can make it as big as you want and it's refreshing as its something even AAA titles overlook.

I'm only able to play it for today because It's only a weekend key, but its impressed me so far. I'll be on the lookout for a permanent key.

The snow environment at the start reminds me a lot of the dwarf/gnome starting area of WoW. Heres a screenie and any WoW guys will see what I mean. Very blue! :p

zkstwz.png

There's already tonnes of addons to change the UI and it's so simple to do.
    i'm playing the game in glorious 2560x1440
    The game has pretty much every environment you can think of. area's i've been to have snow/grass plains/desert/forest/jungles/moons/volcanic.
    I've stopped playing now as i've reached 33 and i want to save the end game areas for when it's released.
    No game breaking bugs encountered really so the game could actually be released now

KilOit wrote: »
    No game breaking bugs encountered really so the game could actually be released now

I wouldn't go that far. Leaving aside all the missing art assets, there are bugs aplenty. I've only been playing for a day and I've found some fairly severe ones. Some worse then others.

Lock up when changing zones.
    When changing zones all abilities deleted from both the hotbar and abilities menu.....it took a restart to get them back.
    Audio de-syncing during cutscenes.
    Disappearing assets during cutscenes.
    Random crashes to desktop....and my machine never crashes. I went through 30 hours of Arkham Origins which was supposedly a buggy mess without a single crash.
    Those weapon lootboxes don't work at all either.

So as I said, very impressed but its definitely beta. Theres a good bit of work to do.

• Advertisement

Being stress test weekend didn't help, didn't play at all.
    never saw the hotkey bug unless is it's new, very few cut scenes are ingame after the starting area so can't really recall

Got to do the Ruins of Kel Voreth tonight, the level 20 dominion dungeon and it's so good (Have done the Exile one already). The last boss is probably the best encounter I've played in an MMO to date. So excited for release now.

Very much enjoyed my play over the weekend.
    Got to level 13. Did some crafting. One pvp match. Good fun.

Had a few bugs but really only two severe. Whenever I killed more than one mob at a time, the game would freeze for a second. Not ground breaking but annoying. Also when I looted said mobs it would have a worse freeze that might last for 2 seconds and my character would end up quite a distance from where I looted. This was annoying as I would often end up in the middle of mobs getting my a$s kicked.

I played the Esper class. Biggest gripe I have with that is that you are very much stand and cast. You can't move and can become cannon fodder quite quick. Especially in pvp.

Look forward to trying out more if I can get into proper beta.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Completionist

Noxin wrote: »
    Very much enjoyed my play over the weekend.
    Got to level 13. Did some crafting. One pvp match. Good fun.

Had a few bugs but really only two severe. Whenever I killed more than one mob at a time, the game would freeze for a second. Not ground breaking but annoying. Also when I looted said mobs it would have a worse freeze that might last for 2 seconds and my character would end up quite a distance from where I looted. This was annoying as I would often end up in the middle of mobs getting my a$s kicked.

I played the Esper class. Biggest gripe I have with that is that you are very much stand and cast. You can't move and can become cannot fodder quite quick. Especially in pvp.

Look forward to trying out more if I can get into proper beta.

The Esper unlocks a "builder" that allows you to move and cast at level 15 which makes the gameplay much more enjoyable:)

Another stress test this weekend. No big give away like godankey as of yet but I'd expect something soon so keep an eye out.

• Advertisement

I know i said i wasnt going to play anymore but i think ill roll an esper when the servers come back online tonight.
    Usually down all day Monday and back live @ 5pm GMT on Tuesdays.

I know i said i wasnt going to play anymore but i think ill roll an esper when the servers come back online tonight.
    Usually down all day Monday and back live @ 5pm GMT on Tuesdays.

Damn midweek access hipsters!! :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 829 ✭✭✭Eoin247

dam all gone, some coming out on mmorpg tomorrow or eh when ever 9am est is.
    http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/632/view/news/read/30184/WildStar-Beta-Weekend-Key-Giveaway-TOMORROW.html

Posted by Michael Bitton on Feb 25, 2014
    If you're interested in participating in the upcoming WildStar beta weekend event, you'll want to check back here tomorrow at 9AM EST.

Damn midweek access hipsters!! :p

I didnt get on after mate, might do tomorrow night.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭FunkyExige

Ive a couple of keys for this upcoming weekend beta, pm if anyone is in need!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

Tell me about it, i think i have a problem.

You got me thinking so i got my boxed collection together for a photo
    Add in all the digital ones like Rift,Aion,FF Online a realm reborn,GW1 have the box somewhere]and GW2,champions online and yes i have a problem, but hey im not subbed to any the last year or so :P

IMAG0249.jpg

Psh - newbie, I got collector editions for most of those...

/derp

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭FunkyExige

All gone now, thanks and sorry ive no more :(

thanks funky, downloading the client now :D

Have a spare weekend beta code if any boards regular wants it.

Claimed now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭Cina

Anyone know if my stress test acc from the last one is valid for this one too? Never got an email to confirm.

Cina wrote: »
    Anyone know if my stress test acc from the last one is valid for this one too? Never got an email to confirm.

You need another key for this weekend, but your account remains intact afaik.

Have a spare weekend beta code if any boards regular wants it.

I'll take it :D

Cina wrote: »
    I'll take it :D

PM sent. :)

PM sent. :)

Excellent, thanks a mill!

wooo like the look so far, just rerolling now as i can not stand this robot guys animations their killing dam my animators eye dam it !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Playboy

Would like a key if anyone has one to spare. Thanks

Got to play it for a few hours there. Mostly happy with what i saw so far. A few cinematic bugs and frame rate issues were present, but nothing too worrying.

Unfortunately that's the end of my play time for this beta test :( have to go to a wedding tomorrow.

yea pretty happy with it, got to level 6/7 there on a stalker was fun to play, tried a warrior to 5. Doesnt feel very optimized at the moment, noticed a lot of problems with the cut scenes they just seemed to cut off or i would get a loading screen for a min it would play a scene then abruptly end it.

Definitely had more fun in it than i did with eso. So yea hope they clean it up a fair bit, could be a hit.

• Advertisement

Finally getting home after the wedding. Might be able to try out the pvp/housing :D

Advertisement