Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WildStar

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

Have to say first mmo in years to have me hooked so quick, cant wait for it now. Had great fun in pvp on my warior, pve was fun and i liked the crafting found a rare weapon smithing pattern tore people up in pvp.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭Cina

I'm definitely going to get it, it's basically WoW 2.0, which is sort of what I wanted. Great fun and so much to do. Love the path missions too, nice little sidequests to do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 829 ✭✭✭Eoin247

So managed to get a few hours in again before the beta wrapped up. Definitely gonna buy this game, hope a release date is announced soon.

One thing i should say though is that my experience wasn't nearly as bug free as I've been told it would be by people on here and on other forums. I experienced a ton of bugs varying from missing art assets to not being able to hand in quests. I understand it's beta, but considering these were all bugs experienced before i hit level 10, i can see that there is still a lot of work to do on the game.

That said i still had a blast.

Yea ran into a few bugs, although for me it was more with the movie sequences that played and some crashing and performance issues. Im really looking forward to wildstar now. They really need to optimize the crap out of it thought it did not run to well. After an hour or so it would bog down and the fps would go to hell. Wasnt to fond of the ui, but i seen a new one they made which looked much better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,002 ✭✭✭KilOit

Lone Stone wrote: »
    Yea ran into a few bugs, although for me it was more with the movie sequences that played and some crashing and performance issues. Im really looking forward to wildstar now. They really need to optimize the crap out of it thought it did not run to well. After an hour or so it would bog down and the fps would go to hell. Wasnt to fond of the ui, but i seen a new one they made which looked much better.

Just get addons, WoW's ui is a pile of crap set in the 90's but with addons you can make it whatever way you want.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

I always preferred the default wow ui :D too much effort organising dem addons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Got a beta key two weeks ago at this stage, havnt bothered downloading client yet

Someone said it can expire if you don't use it regularly for the full access, so might give it a lash tonight

Have to say watching streams was the worst thing I could do, REALLY has the game coming across poorly, yet comments on here looks positive.

Doesn't help D3 update came out that makes the game so much better and most of my mates back playing that :(

Sigh...not enough hours in the day

Well i can see why it is getting a lot of bad comments or hate, Because a lot people hate world of warcraft and it is very similar in tone and visually it has the same stylized cartoonist look, Personally i loved wow i played it for about 5 or 6 years. Havent really played a mmo the same way since i gave it up. none of them kept my attention in the same way and gave me that kinda "Mehh" feeling.

But yea this is the first one since my initial wow & eq2 experience that a mmo had me loosing track of time. Apart from performance issues i loved it. Granted i disliked the look of some of the races especially that rabbity looking one with the big eyes and ears kinda put me off at first, but once i was in game it all kind of worked nicely together.

So yea gonna pre order this mofo up !

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Likewise, nothing has grabbed me quite like wow.
    Wildstar i know is going to be great based on my beta experience and what im hearing about extensive endgame pve.
    Do i still need a character @ lvl 32 or something in order to keep my beta status? is there a cut off date?

Like TheDoc mentioned D3 has my gaming time these days since the latest patch, totally transformed the game to me.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,220 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Dcully wrote: »
    Likewise, nothing has grabbed me quite like wow

I don't think any game will ever grab most of us like Warcraft did. It came out at the perfect time, and did most things brilliantly. No other game, at least for me, had such an entertaining world, with settings that i'd loved for years before.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

so someone here very kindly gave me a weekend beta key so was trying it out all weekend. i have been following the game for a long time so was very excited. firstly i have to say that my experience was greatly hampered by performance. i have a mid to low end laptop and it runs wildstar terribly. almost unplayable really so hard to give an honest opinion. and yes i know there are lots of optimizations to come.

first i really don't like the cartoony feel to it. it feels even more cartoony than wow. even things like trees and hills are drawn in a "wacky" style that is really unnecessary. really takes away from the epic feeling an MMORPG should have. the aurin really put me off as well. the missions are just more of the same really, nothing ground breaking there. fighting is quite fun though, feels smooth, fast and responsive. i was actually enjoying fighting mobs. didn't do much pvp but the few games i played were enjoyable enough. i think people who really like wow will be happy but people looking for a new kind of MMO with big new ideas will have to look elsewhere.

i'll probably still buy the game though for a proper go with decent performance when it comes out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 448 ✭✭Mad_Dave

Not sure if posted already, but alienware have a bunch of beta codes for this weekend.
    http://eu.alienwarearena.com/giveaways/wildstar-closed-beta-weekend-key-giveaway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

Mad_Dave wrote: »
    Not sure if posted already, but alienware have a bunch of beta codes for this weekend.
    http://eu.alienwarearena.com/giveaways/wildstar-closed-beta-weekend-key-giveaway

Nice one.
    Signed up for this weekend. I had wanted to give it another shot.

Mad_Dave wrote: »

thank you

Nice, got one!

I have a spare key going if anyone wants one send me a pm
    Tiz gone now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

June 3rd people. Pre-Order begins March 19th.

Reading through on PVP and PvE End Game / Raids, it seems they have some epic ideas. Hopefully it can hold it's own. Leveling via PvP is apparantly very viable with rewards and coinage to match PvE, so no-one gets left behind. I especially like the plans they have for End Game. Looks very impressive.

Release Date - http://ie.ign.com/articles/2014/03/12/wildstar-release-date-and-pre-order-bonuses-announced

PvP - http://ie.ign.com/articles/2014/03/12/wildstaras-pvp-lets-you-customize-your-own-personal-death-trap

PvE End Game - http://ie.ign.com/articles/2014/03/12/wildstaras-end-game-is-built-to-last

Excellent, was worried there that they wouldn't actually release it in Q2!

Endgame looks mental, 40v40 warplots. 40 man raids. Hardcore!

Cina wrote: »
    Excellent, was worried there that they wouldn't actually release it in Q2!

Endgame looks mental, 40v40 warplots. 40 man raids. Hardcore!

Doesn't it just. I love the fact that only after completing the 40 man raid, can you begin a quest chain for an extremely unique weapon, which increases in power as you complete each quest in the chain. Very nice touch that. From the sound of things, completing the 40 man itself is going to take a VERY long time, so anyone with that weapon..... massive respect.

I've never done raiding, never have the time to dedicate, and never will at this stage, so the best I can hope for is the Veteran level stuff. If can manage a full Vet setup, I'd be a very happy camper.

War plots sound awesome, cant wait to see some gameplay footage of one. must pre order amagawd !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

Release is a lot sooner than I expected... /rejoices :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Completionist

ohh the NDA was lifted! Hey guys.. I was in the full beta =)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Nothing special at all.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,855 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Can you only buy this digitally?

Can you only buy this digitally?

No, you can buy a physical copy as well as digital. You can pre-order from the website on the 19th.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,855 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Ahhhhh was wondering why it wasnt listed on any retailers sites.

Still 8000 left

Should I have gotten a code off amazon when I pre ordered with them?

• Advertisement

Should I have gotten a code off amazon when I pre ordered with them?

No idea, doesn't the digital version work out cheaper btw? 45e? And handier. Maybe cancel and go with that?

Cina wrote: »
    No idea, doesn't the digital version work out cheaper btw? 45e? And handier. Maybe cancel and go with that?

They need cash up front though :-\

Ordering off the Wild-Star website itself, do they send out a physical copy of the game or are they strictly all digital and I'd need to pre-order off GameStop to get a physical copy instead?

Want to get that Deluxe edition.

BeerWolf wrote: »
    Ordering off the Wild-Star website itself, do they send out a physical copy of the game or are they strictly all digital and I'd need to pre-order off GameStop to get a physical copy instead?

Want to get that Deluxe edition.

both are digital.

Not sure the deluxe warrants the extra 15e. you still get the rocket house in the standard edition.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Completionist

Cheapest so far:

Normal edition(digital) - €36(With code: PLOCVS-G2T5YX-DATY6M)
    Deluxe edition(digital) - €48(With code: PLOCVS-G2T5YX-DATY6M)

Cheapest so far:

Normal edition(digital) - €36(With code: PLOCVS-G2T5YX-DATY6M)
    Deluxe edition(digital) - €48(With code: PLOCVS-G2T5YX-DATY6M)

Nice one! :D

Reckon I'd be able to use my Beta client for release or I'd have to redownload a 'retail' client? :|

• Advertisement

yea you can usually use the beta client if i recall correctly been a while though, i may be wrong.

Lone Stone wrote: »
    yea you can usually use the beta client if i recall correctly been a while though, i may be wrong.

Really want to know, cause I'm on mobile broadband - kinda limited download allowance [60GB] >_<;

Really want to know, cause I'm on mobile broadband - kinda limited download allowance [60GB] >_<;

Yeah you should be able to use the beta client. From what I can remember from the last time I was in a beta, the beta client will patch in the retail components, though how big that will be I couldn't say.

There's a special ''steelbox'' edition confirmed for Europe only. It's apparently the digital deluxe except in physical form.

Very little info about it at the moment but it was confirmed by them on twitter.

Eoin247 wrote: »
    There's a special ''steelbox'' edition confirmed for Europe only. It's apparently the digital deluxe except in physical form.

Very little info about it at the moment but it was confirmed by them on twitter.

I have it pre ordered on amazon

• Advertisement

I have it pre ordered on amazon

Unfortunately, pre-ordering for physical copies WILL NOT give you the additional pre-order bonuses.

A lot of people have made this mistake.

Pre-Ordering a digital copy gives:

Exclusive Rocket House
    Exclusive Housing Trophy
    Exclusive In-Game Title: "Chosen of the Progenitors"
    Access to Beta Weekends
    3 Day Head Start
    In-game Storage Bag
    And More!* [No idea what more they give tbh]

Unfortunately, pre-ordering for physical copies WILL NOT give you the additional pre-order bonuses.

Source for this? Considering you get a beta code when you pre-order a physical copy this would seem odd.

Anyone who pre ordered this know if their is a beta weekend on atm because i cant log in i keep getting a cant connect error message.. might be my ports hmm.. no idea what to do with :(

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭FunkyExige

Yes it is on, try repairing the launcher, that worked for me.

Ah thanks il give that a go.

Let us know if it works!

Never mind that was just me being a total dumb ass, didnt realise i had to set up a sub for my pre order to activate.

Have you tried the support forums? Also i assume you have pre ordered? If so have you added a monthly payment method as that can cause errors also!

Pre-Ordering a digital copy gives:

Exclusive Rocket House
    Exclusive Housing Trophy
    Exclusive In-Game Title: "Chosen of the Progenitors"
    Access to Beta Weekends
    3 Day Head Start
    In-game Storage Bag
    And More!* [No idea what more they give tbh]

Game UK says otherwise.

http://www.game.co.uk/en/wildstar-steelbook-deluxe-edition-289529

You can pre-order either physical edition here and still get the pre-order bonuses.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 921 ✭✭✭delta36

Another beta weekend is happening from tomorrow. List of sites here that have keys, some are gone already, but Alienware still have about 2000.

• Advertisement
Advertisement