Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WildStar

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

Playboy wrote: »
    Can only play for 5 mins before it shuts my laptop down. Must be some driver issue because my laptop should be more than capable of playing it.

sounds like an overheating problem. i was getting this with everquest next beta a few months ago. open up your laptop and give it a good clean, blow with can of air if possible. you ideally want to take out the fan itself and get rid of all the black gunk by the exhaust.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

Going to be playing a Chua Engineer... :P

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Companion box

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKrfhHoFpZw

Nice video showing off exactly how awesome these dungeons are, this is the very first one in the game!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Name reservation happens at 7pm tonight for anyone that pre-ordered it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

Looking forward to giving tanking a go on the engineer, woo ranged tank. Awesome.

They finally released a video about the raids, looks like they take their dungeons and multiply the awesome several times.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbItL4qcugk#t=16

Those raids look mental. Never been much of a raider myself, but that looks like a lot of fun.

Wondering if i pre-order it today, will i get my key immediately or will i have to wait for a while. I'd like to get a name reserved if i could, though it's not a major deal breaker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 921 ✭✭✭delta36

Yeah, that raid looks insane, and so much fun.
    But, will it not be really difficult to get a cohesive group of twenty people together for a raid? Especially ones that look as difficult as that, and will take a few attempts to complete? Unless there's a fantastic LFG tool that lets you set your role based on your stats/class. 40-man raids seems almost like an impossible idea.

Not surprising, but the Name Reservation has been a total mess. Site down pretty much all evening, with very few people able to login.

yea its a bit of the joke ! I cant even see where the feck to go to do it, they said it would be on the main website and unmissable but i dont see a thing at all, anywhere. Im assuming the page didnt load correctly since half the time i just got a white mess opening up. :mad:

• Advertisement

They posted the incorrect link on their News page. Proper link is below, but it probably won't work.

http://www.wildstar-online.com/uk/reserve-name/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

delta36 wrote: »
    Yeah, that raid looks insane, and so much fun.
    But, will it not be really difficult to get a cohesive group of twenty people together for a raid? Especially ones that look as difficult as that, and will take a few attempts to complete? Unless there's a fantastic LFG tool that lets you set your role based on your stats/class. 40-man raids seems almost like an impossible idea.

ya this is what i'm thinking too. the vast majority of players will not even set foot in it.

Thanks, yeap nothing happening aw well.
    Guess i wont get my name that i always use now :( feck it.

If you're really determined, you can try this (translate it to English). Seems to have worked for me after a few minutes of trying.

https://forums.wildstar-online.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=45266

Nah its ok, it poped up there a moment ago, i entered my name and it i just got editablefor?? and nothing happened so i have no idea if it worked :confused:

It needs to have a timer for it to work. If it's ?? then it's not gone through. Happened me a few times as well.

Whatever update they pushed tonight seems to have destabilised the game somewhat. Some in-game menu icons are missing, and the game has crashed on me twice in the last hour (which has never happened before).

My god even now just getting EDITABLE FOR: ??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

Playboy wrote: »
    Can only play for 5 mins before it shuts my laptop down. Must be some driver issue because my laptop should be more than capable of playing it.

I believe memory leak was a big issue when I played and I have a decent system. Don't think it shut it down that fast but I had to reload ui when it happened.

• Advertisement

Lone Stone wrote: »
    My god even now just getting EDITABLE FOR: ??

You can see if your name is actually saved here (you need to login to the site first). They posted it on Twitter earlier today. Site is down for maintenance at the moment though.

http://t.co/V98jEYDtxc

Reserved "BeerWolf" ... /woo

[And yes, people HAVE nicked my name before! :( ]

Tempted to nick a guild name that's often used... :p

Went and bought the standard edition there from Green Man Gaming. For anyone else who hasn't purchased yet, they're running a 20% discount on any purchase with the code:
    FUSWJT-B1DU64-JBV8UY
    So I used that and got the standard edition for 36 quid! Not too shabby..

hmm looks like i got the name i chose this morning after all ! nice one.
    woop

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

So....what server are we all going to choose? My Medic wants to know before launch on the 31st :).

Kirby wrote: »
    So....what server are we all going to choose? My Medic wants to know before launch on the 31st :).

As does my Spellslinger :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭Cina

Havak is going to be the EU English PvP server so I'll be on that anyway.

Okay then. Everyone!

Choose Havak! And let slip the mobs of war! :P

Havak it is then. My *insert class name* is ready (probably Medic or Engineer).

The server will probably get invaded by the Ruskies anyway (that seems to happen in any PvP game i've played).

"In soviet Russia......" na too easy:P

Anybody up for levelling in a group? I've noticed I have a propensity for soloing most of the content in every MMO I've played in the last 10 years. I haven't teamed up with somebody properly for levelling since WoW.

Might make a nice change of pace. It will also help when we hit 20 and start doing dungeons. These aren't the cuddly noob fest dungeons of other MMO's.....they are tough. You are going to wipe a lot with pickup groups.

Cina wrote: »
    Havak is going to be the EU English PvP server so I'll be on that anyway.

Never played on a PvP server before (come to think of it, never really played an MMO with open world PvP before), what's it like? Your PvP flag constantly on?
    Edit: Sure I might as well try it. Will be rolling an Exile Spellslinger on Havak so.

Also, I'll happily play dungeons with you guys, Kirby has a point, pugs will probably make 'em very hard.

• Advertisement

i shall be going exile - engineer on havak

Will be going medic on Havak, dunno if it will be exile or dominion.

delta36 wrote: »
    Also, I'll happily play dungeons with you guys, Kirby has a point, pugs will probably make 'em very hard.

Absolutely. I was watching streams on twitch and the amount of wiping happening on level 20 content was refreshing.

From what I gleaned throughout the beta, it seems like Warriors need a tanking buff. They have a real tough time holding aggro. They are all calling for a patch. Stalkers seem to be having a slightly easier time keeping aggro and Engineers seem to be the tank of choice at the moment....early and all as it is.

And I will go Exile or Dominion depending on what the popular choice round here is. Medic either way. I was Exile in the beta on my warrior and medic.

Absolutely. I was watching streams on twitch and the amount of wiping happening on level 20 content was refreshing.

Fine line there between fun and annoying :P
    That said, it will be nice to have a challenging run, makes the payoff all the sweeter.

I'll probably roll Exiles, as i prefer not being comically evil.

I'll leave my evil side till later.

I'm going Dominion Chua Engineer!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭Cina

Exile for me, looks nicer. Supposedly it's getting the more mature players in Beta too.

I played dominion mostly in beta, i just hate illum so much im going exile :confused:

Cina wrote: »
    Exile for me, looks nicer. Supposedly it's getting the more mature players in Beta too.

Really? That's..strange, I can't see why there'd be a divide like that.

There won't be. There's always idiots on both sides.

• Advertisement

Kiith wrote: »
    There won't be. There's always idiots on both sides.

We'll just have to carve a bloody swathe through them :Din the game I mean

For anyone who just can't wait for the launch date or head start, there are "Ops" being run till the game launches, basically periods of access that could be for a night or an hour, Devs pretty much want to put the infratstructure trough its paces, may help scratch that itch.

https://forums.wildstar-online.com/forums/index.php?/topic/49028-ops-week-faq/

Healing in this game looks very tough. DPS just standing in telegraphs or standing away from the group, dying, and then blaming the healer. 15 years of derpy MMO play is going to be hard for a lot of dps to unlearn.

It's going to take a while for people to learn they need to cooperate with the healer.

Healing in this game looks very tough. DPS just standing in telegraphs or standing away from the group, dying, and then blaming the healer. 15 years of derpy MMO play is going to be hard for a lot of dps to unlearn.

It's going to take a while for people to learn they need to cooperate with the healer.

Change is good though! Also, from my rudimentary knowledge, I think the 3 classes that can heal have different ways of doing it. One is telegraphed healing, one is area, and one is targeted, so there should be something to suit everyone's play style.

Although, yeah, stay out of red, get to green if you're injured is fairly simple to follow.

Medic healing is fairly difficult....more so than esper healing which doesn't seem fair. Espers heals are all targeted and are longer range. Medic has to stand beside the tank and get flattened by the mobs. :P

I think i'll be going healer as well, as it's always nice to be needed (or so i'm told :pac:).

I enjoy playing as a healer as well, but found the medic kind of boring in the beta, which is why I'll be going Spellslinger, I can change my role between DPS and healer easily enough.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I loved playing the warrior tank dude but for me a tank just doesnt feel right without a shield, sword and board ftw.

I think ill go esper when i buy the game,my mains in every mmo have been healers.
    Summer is a bad time for me and gaming not to mention mmo gaming,ill definitely buy it at some stage just not sure if ill preorder, then again next week i can see myself just preordering and getting stuck in :P
    Im glad i didnt waste cash on ESO, i just knew from the betas it wouldnt hold my interest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭IRL_Sinister

Didn't get much time to watch this during the 10 days. How was it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,063 ✭✭✭BKtje

Spent the last three hours reading up on everything that I could get my hands on. Hadn't heard of the game before today but I can already see a return to my wow type days and being single once more. Sigh.

Pre -ordering now ;)

• Advertisement

I'm torn between Spellslinger and Medic now. Will probably go Medic (as there will be way more Spellslingers) but i'd say they'll be easier to solo content during most of the game. Hate it when it takes an age to kill mobs.

Advertisement