Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pick up the Independent today...

• 11-04-2013 7:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭

...and look on the cover of the Fit Magazine inside...

248967.jpg

About time a shooter got good coverage like this!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭rowa

How did a pro-shooting article make it past the editor ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

rowa wrote: »
    How did a pro-shooting article make it past the editor ?
    Well, she did very well in the Olympics in a novel sport, I'd imagine that had a lot to do with it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭rowa

Sparks wrote: »
    Well, she did very well in the Olympics in a novel sport, I'd imagine that had a lot to do with it...

I am surprised that cuts any ice , them .22 target glocks can take down jumbo jets ya know.

She'd never get on the flight though - have you seen the size of the knife she's carrying? She'd never get through security with that...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,319 ✭✭✭Half-cocked

...About time a shooter got good coverage like this!

Excuse my cynicism but the fact that she is young, good looking and female probably had more to do with it than the fact that she's a shooter. Still, its great that she is getting recognition for what she has accomplished.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

To be fair, the piece is on modern pentathlon. There are plenty of young, female, attractive people out there, and plenty of young, female, attractive athletes. Not many of them came 9th in the last Olympics though in an interesting and broad-based, relatively new sport. I think that while the above characterisation is never going to hurt, that her actual achievements won her the recognition.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭Rosahane

Good to see pieces like this, she did very well a couple of months ago also, picking up a silver in the world championships. Unfortunately, I don't think this got much publicity!

I think that was the World Cup rather than the World Championships, wasn't it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭Rosahane

I think that was the World Cup rather than the World Championships, wasn't it?

I bow to your superior knowledge :)

I just remember something on RTE I think.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=83391350
    You write and you write, but noone reads... :D :P

• Advertisement
Advertisement