Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whitehall - Car Park Swords Road/Collins Ave

Options
  • 11-04-2013 7:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭

Haven't been there for a while - what's the story with the car park there, beside the sunken church.
    Is is a park and ride / pay parking / open 24 hours?
    Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Dingle_berry

There's no gate on the Collins Avenue entrance so yeah I'd say its open 24/7. The gate by the church has a bollard to close it off at times though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

No gate at Collins ave, since when? Its the only way to access the car park there, by the bottle bank. Its free parking as far as i know. (assuming we're talking about the same car park!)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Peppa Pig

Does he not mean there is no gate to close off the Collins entrance? So it's always open?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Peppa Pig wrote: »
    Does he not mean there is no gate to close off the Collins entrance? So it's always open?

Ah yeh, that's one way of translating :)

I'm sure its free there, well that's what I have been told. Never parked there myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Dingle_berry

gurramok wrote: »
    No gate at Collins ave, since when? Its the only way to access the car park there, by the bottle bank.
    No gate at the Collins avenue entrance I said - as in no way to lock it up and close it after a certain time!
    I meant to add I haven't noticed any signs about paying or clamping or pay machines either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

There's no parking charge there. I use it regularly.

Advertisement