Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Room Needed Dublin City Centre

Options
  • 11-04-2013 8:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭

Sorry if this is aganist the rules but I read the charter and didnt see anything about it.

My girlfriend is in need of a room for 3 months from start of May until the end of July. We have been trying daft and that but not many places looking for a 3 month rental so I thought id ask here. Anyone know of anyone renting a room oranyone fancy making some money themselves. She works near Stephens Green so would need to be within half hours walking distance from there..

Cheers!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,013 ✭✭✭Ole Rodrigo

Hey, I might be able to do this - will send a PM

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Rhand

You don't say you're looking to rent for only 3 months... If it's only a room, most places don't require you to sign a contract or anything, so you just take a room and after 3 months you leave. Easy as.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭m.j.w

Rhand wrote: »
    You don't say you're looking to rent for only 3 months... If it's only a room, most places don't require you to sign a contract or anything, so you just take a room and after 3 months you leave. Easy as.
    Would she not lose her deposit then?

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Rhand

m.j.w wrote: »
    Would she not lose her deposit then?

No, because in most places when you rent just the room, it's your responsibility to find a replacement when you leave, and when the new tenant comes, he/she pays you the deposit (back). And the cycle starts over...

That's how it has always been with me, but I've always lived with foreigners in shared appartments. Maybe it's different if you live in a place with only Irish people, could be that it's more strict and law-abiding.

Heck, I've lived in 3 different appartments and never signed a contract or even saw a landlord.

Advertisement