Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Art Practical Papers - Art students

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Jade.

I can't imagine it having to be open though, that would be a very uncomfortable pose for the person modeling?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

That's what we were discussing today. I think we decided we're all gonna do the face first so she doesn't have to keep her mouth open for the duration of the time.
    I'm just going by my teacher btw :)

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭CatEyed92

is there a picture taken of the models used or is there leeway to emprovise? eg putting in longer hair? etc

Nope the examiner won't know what the model looked like - thank god!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 karlobrien_

Do people doing the poster know what they're doing themewise? I don't like them at all and i've no clue what to do.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,157 ✭✭✭✭HugsiePie

Do people doing the poster know what they're doing themewise? I don't like them at all and i've no clue what to do.....

No SERIOUSLY CONSIDERING CHANGING TO A DIFFERENT MEDIA, it's just awful, isn't it :(

Today ,after seeing the paper, I must have told my sister about 100 times not to do art in leaving cert ha

• Registered Users Posts: 7 iansprojects

SEC have just confirmed today (phone call) that the mouth does not have to opened. Its not possible for someone to keep a pose like that locked in one place without movement. It would be very uncomfortable.

Please pass this info on!

^Thanks for that! :)

Don't have a clue what to even do for a still life all the passages are more paintings to me

Would you be comfortable doing a painting? I'm doing a comic strip style thing :)

• Advertisement

Probably not within the hour considering I haven't done one since junior cert :pac:

I'd love to try something different but I've always done a still life

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 283 ✭✭user.name

I think the themes for poster are horrible! I've decided to do the craftwork, and have a mysterious poet on the front, kinda fills the void of not doing an actual puppet for the lc :pac:

There's a lot of nice food related still lifes in the last passage ;)

Yeah that's the one I'm thinking of going with but who knows! :pac:

Honestly, what do they mean by "irish craftwork exhibition"??

• Registered Users Posts: 1 CruelVapours

Yeah, this years poster options are tricky. All three seem to offer very limited amounts of motifs to use...better rev up the creativity engine and spew out something substantial.

Does anyone know if we are allowed to bring small stencils into the exam?

peekachoo wrote: »
    Does anyone know if we are allowed to bring small stencils into the exam?

As in ones you make yourself or ruler kinda things? :pac: Don't understand what you mean! :P

But you are allowed to make stencils before the exam and bring them in.

Just one I make myself, for the craftwork. Oh good, in my blockprinting i have this small repeating silhouette but i wanted them to be the same. Phew!

Oh ya you are allowed to make a stencil before hand and bring it in but you have to put it into your bag when you're done with the craftwork.

I think you need to write your exam number on the stencil too :)

• Advertisement

Ah that's grand then :) biiiig help, thanks :D

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭maxim

I think I've decided to create a shoulder bag for the embroidery craftwork exam. Am I allowed to bring in the material pieces already cut to size and ready to assemble, or do I have to bring in eg a metre of fabric, pins and a template pattern to cut out in the actual exam? I've tried asking the teacher and the only reply I got was 'I'm sure whatever you decide will be fine' . . not really much help!!
    Is it the norm for LC that an examiner will be present in the room while we are working, or are our 'creations' kept safe until someone appears at a later date, as for the JC? Unfortunately the teacher has been of little help so far, we even had to download the papers from the net, as the teacher is intending to give them out the end of next week in the Art lesson, leaving only a very short time to prepare, and no more art lessons before our exam!!

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭Found This Fork Sir

I think the papers are pretty brutal this year tbh. :/ The posters were a big let down for me, does anyone know how on earth to approach 'Irish Craft Exhibition'?? It just seems so vague :/

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭Blue_Seas

I think for Irish Archaeology and Irish Craft, the emphasis is on 'Irish'. Find Irish craft pieces, even stuff you've done from Art History

I'm panicking that I'm gonna mess everything up on the day. We've never done anything craft wise on a time basis!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25 Michelletarian

Who's doing calligraphy, thoughts on the poems? :P

Not doing calligraphy but the poems seem great! The Heaney one is very dark and the other one very flowery and colourful.

I'm so scared for Thursday next week. I have a feeling it will go wrong :(

I like the 1st poem even though I'm doing the blockprinting section myself!

When is everyone's dates for the art exams?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25 Michelletarian

Im doing the first poem and despite having my prep half done I'm still not sure where I'm going with it :L Hope I don't make a balls of it.

Next Friday! Then lifedrawing and imaginative on Tuesday. Gonna be a lotttttttt of apples in hands drawn that bank holiday..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,157 ✭✭✭✭HugsiePie

Anyone doing clay?

Advertisement