Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MFB-522 Midi Sync Issue

Options
  • 11-04-2013 10:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭

Just got an MFB-522 today, love the sound from it, really enjoying messing about with it but I have an issue when sync to Ableton's midi clock.

I can't get the internal sequencer to sync to Ableton's midi clock. I can send midi notes from clips in Ableton to trigger sounds in the machine in time. I can use the machines internal sequencer but for some reason it won't sync to Ableton's midi clock.

I tried going into midi mode on startup of the unit but that didn't work.

I'm using a USB-Midi cable to connect my macbook to the unit.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭VinylJunkie

Sorted it, ye need to use hold down play when turning the unit on & set the midi sync button to on for both input and output :D

Came across another issue, when im in arrangement view if i click down the track to play from another part my drum machine stops sending audio to Ableton. To get the drum machine to play i have to go back to the start of the track every time.

I have it setup as an external instrument with an empty midi clip in it. Midi to - MFB, Audio from MFB.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭Neurojazz

Came across another issue, when im in arrangement view if i click down the track to play from another part my drum machine stops sending audio to Ableton. To get the drum machine to play i have to go back to the start of the track every time.

I have it setup as an external instrument with an empty midi clip in it. Midi to - MFB, Audio from MFB.

That sounds like it stops monitoring the input when you change - make sure it's set to in and not auto. There maybe settings buried in the preferences screen also for the current selected track to be armed for recording.

Cheers for the reply, I'll give that a go later - It's just the MFB runs on a midi channel using Ext Instrument. So when I click down the track it obviously loses the midi signal to play or something. I have a couple of things I will try later.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Rob Humanoid

Nice bit of kit the MFBs. I've been considering buying one for a while now...Decent price too.

• Advertisement

Ah really enjoying it, the kick is deadly!

Anyway here is a video of my issue. Sorry for the volume its a bit loud!!

Recorded this little snippet if you wanna hear the MFB
    https://soundcloud.com/seanc/rhythm-4/s-562vb

**** yeah fixed the problem! I ran a midi cable from my keyboard midi out to the midi in on my MFB. Saves on cables too DELIGHTED!

Advertisement