Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Complaining to Regulatory authority about being assaulted for asking question?

• 11-04-2013 10:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

If someone asked a question in a shop regarding why most of the employees were foreign, why were so few Irish employed despite staggering levels of unemployment? Was racism present? Then if the security guard asked one to leave which one did,but on the way out asked for his Identification. Then if one was thrown to the ground while a female staff member laughed. I was then then nearly thrown off a step onto the pavemeant -beside a busy road. Was surprised at level of violence used on a woman.

I fear that if I try to sue it would be difficult to win against a huge Corporation as I have little money. All the witnesses were staff. What if I had to pay the other sides costs which can happen even in a no win no fee context?

My fear is that they will lose/delete the security footage? I rang another branch looking for Head Office but found that its offshore but spoke to an employee in Ireland. I formally requested the CCTV footage over the phone. I was promised a callback this evening but none was received.

Would I be better going to the Regulatory Organisations to investigate rather than suing? e.g the PSA- the private security authority. or other Regulatory Authority?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,532 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

If it's a 'huge corporation' and most of the employees are foreign then it's probably down to economics rather than racism - the Irish won't work for the wages on offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 sweettooth14

I understand what you are saying but it doesn't excuse throwing someone to the ground and threatening serious harm (that is being thrown off a step onto the pavement beside a busy road). Shouldn't people be allowed to question things, not turn a blind eye?

Huge corporations almost always win. I could end up paying costs and the witnesses (store employees - all company employees). Should I go the Regulatory Authorities e.g. Private Security Authority? Are there disadvantages in going to the Regulatory Authorities?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,532 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

If it was a local store then I might understand the basis for walking in off the street to challenge them for their perceived racism but what business have you tackling the manager of a premises owned by a 'huge corporation'? For all you know, he/she may have no say whatsoever over who gets to work there.

Write to their head office and outline your complaint or better still, buy a few of their shares and go to the next AGM and air your grievance.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭seb65

I understand what you are saying but it doesn't excuse throwing someone to the ground and threatening serious harm (that is being thrown off a step onto the pavement beside a busy road). Shouldn't people be allowed to question things, not turn a blind eye?

Huge corporations almost always win. I could end up paying costs and the witnesses (store employees - all company employees). Should I go the Regulatory Authorities e.g. Private Security Authority? Are there disadvantages in going to the Regulatory Authorities?

If someone threw you to the ground, report them to the guards for assault.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement