Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I phone canada

Options
  • 11-04-2013 10:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Will a apple unlocked irish I phone work in alberta/Saskatchewan canada?my i phone is gsm frequency.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,298 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

should do once you get a sim card, you obviously wont get lte though.
    What version is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 James2nd

8gb I phone 4

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭CatMc48

retalivity wrote: »
    should do once you get a sim card, you obviously wont get lte though.
    What version is it?

What's lte?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,298 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

the 4g network. dont think iphone 4 has lte support, and op said it was only gsm frequency.

My gf bought an unlocked iphone in michigan at xmas, got a nano sim card here in ontario from our carrier and its been working since with no problems. I think iphone 4 has micro sims, still should be easy to get.
    Beware of data plans though...they are extortionate. She opted for voice & messaging only, as there is free wifi all over the place and it makes more sense to just use that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

retalivity wrote: »
    the 4g network. dont think iphone 4 has lte support, and op said it was only gsm frequency.

My gf bought an unlocked iphone in michigan at xmas, got a nano sim card here in ontario from our carrier and its been working since with no problems. I think iphone 4 has micro sims, still should be easy to get.
    Beware of data plans though...they are extortionate. She opted for voice & messaging only, as there is free wifi all over the place and it makes more sense to just use that.
    Data plans are fine. I get 2gb with koodo along with unlimited national calling and international texts for $57 a month i think it is

Just avoid bell, Telus and Rogers and stick to koodo basically

• Advertisement
Advertisement