Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Invalidity pension and continuing education

• 11-04-2013 10:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 36

I recently transferred from illness benefit to invalidity pension, thank god. It took more than two years as I had to appeal their initial refusal.

I have been on illness benefit for five years and for the last two years I have had an exemption to pursue an approved course of study. This is the end of the second, final year of the course but because of my illness I missed out on a lot of the course during this year and may not pass all my exams first time round.

Would anyone know if the department would allow me to repeat some of the exams while receiving invalidity pension? I may have to repeat the year as an external student.

The other question I have is regarding the payment itself. Is it backdated to the date the application was first refused, and appealed? I don't wish to sound greedy but I thought perhaps I might receive a back payment less the weekly payments I received while on illness benefit. It would be a big help.

periwinkle

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭pluto_322

I can see no reason why you can't apply for another exemption to do the exams. In relation to arrears, if you successfully appealed the original decision to refuse, then the Appeals Decision would normally be retrospective. What does the appeals decision actually say?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 393 ✭✭skippy2

Payment is backdated to when you initially applied...best of luck

Advertisement