Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is this a stupid question?

Options
  • 11-04-2013 11:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭

It probably is a stupid question, but here goes anyway...

I am thinking of getting some decent speakers for my pc, but before I do: I have an ipod speaker dock thing, its Phillips, the speaker for playing ipod.

Is it possible to rig this to pc? Theres a great sound from it, would save me a few bob...

Any info greatly appreciated

Sam

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

SamIsta wrote: »
    It probably is a stupid question, but here goes anyway...

I am thinking of getting some decent speakers for my pc, but before I do: I have an ipod speaker dock thing, its Phillips, the speaker for playing ipod.

Is it possible to rig this to pc? Theres a great sound from it, would save me a few bob...

Any info greatly appreciated

Sam

if it has a 3.5mm jack, then yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭SamIsta

Thanks

No idea what a jack is....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

SamIsta wrote: »
    Thanks

No idea what a jack is....

What I mean is that if the dock has a headphone type socket that you can plug into. If might be labeled line in. you can then get a cheap cable with a 3.5m plug at both ends. plug one end into the headphone socket on your pc and the other end into the dock

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭Torqay

This should do...

38106256.jpg

cool

Just found a cable, must be a jack, and now i have sound!! thanks all!

• Advertisement

if any of you want to have a look at my other thread (in the APPLE section) i would really appreciate some help, and yes its an even dumber question...

Advertisement