Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rescue Services Ruckus in Town?

Options
  • 11-04-2013 11:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭

Does anybody know what was going on in town this evening?

I was in at 6:30pm and met two Garda cars flying out the relief road to Bundoran, then when I came in past the cinema to Tesco there was another Garda car and two fire brigade engines on Stephen St and on parking the car at Tesco 2mins later there were more sirens going off around the cathedral.

Now, I understand the Garda cars flying out the road may not have been connected to what was going on at Stephen St. The road was actually blocked off. No fatal car crashes noted or smoke. They were still there at 7:30pm when I left.

Were they assessing water access or was something more serious going on? Felt like I was in the middle of an action movie the amount of speeding Gardai and sirens going on. Maybe just a drill??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭Truley

Well I know there was a really bad crash on the Bundoran road yesterday, that's all I know for sure. There has certainly been a lot of activity from the emergency services over the last couple of weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

A brick fell off a chimney and hit a car.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭FoxyVixen

Seriously??

Good thing it didn't hit a pedestrian so.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

I know! I see there's scaffolding up at O'Hehirs and the path is closed off.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭Radharc na Sleibhte

I'm not surprised.
    If you ever look up at the buildings all along the streets of the town, it is only a matter of time before a slate slices someone's head off, never mind the chimneys too!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭mountainy man

some nice buddleia growing out of the chimneys too

Advertisement