Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Parental units, children, and marriage.

• 11-04-2013 11:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,007 ✭✭✭

Since we're doing away with marriage we might as well do away with mothers, fathers or any kind of determination within the family unit.

We should just name everyone Jo and have some homogenus, ridiculous totalitarian society.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭Bipolar Joe

What?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,219 ✭✭✭woodoo

You will get scolded on here for saying the traditional family unit of mother father and child is the best.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

Judging by this standard of thread, we should do away with alcohol first

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭GreenWolfe

Resistance is futile. We are the Borg.

:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭donvito99

That would certainly make for an interesting article 41 in the constitution.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,601 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

First they came to take away Context...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Hey Phil, if your gonna spew, spew into this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

Parental units? Robots are stealing our children!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

woodoo wrote: »
    You will get scolded on here for saying the traditional family unit of mother father and child is the best.

They don't get scolded for that; they get scolded for completely floundering when they're asked to explain how or why it's best.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,007 ✭✭✭Phill Ewinn

ColeTrain wrote: »
    Judging by this standard of thread, we should do away with alcohol first

Thats the I found €50 thread. I put a tenner on the coals in the sauna. That was between 4 of us. Welcome to the recession.

Someone get me onion rings.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

Thats the I found €50 thread. I put a tenner on the coals in the sauna. That was between 4 of us. Welcome to the recession.

Someone get me onion rings.

You're like the man who fell out of the boat, you're just not in it.

RayM wrote: »
    They don't get scolded for that; they get scolded for completely floundering when they're asked to explain how or why it's best.

They don't need to explain its obvious :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41,118 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

What?

It might be something to do people wanting the ban on same sex couples marrying lifted.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,007 ✭✭✭Phill Ewinn

Going to bed. I have half a pocket full of crushed Doritos that need pouring on my face and an emergency bottle of vino in the wardrobe that needs drinking.

Seeing as this thread isn't making a whole lot of sense can i take the time to say how brilliant this song is

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

woodoo wrote: »
    Seeing as this thread isn't making a whole lot of sense can i take the time to say how brilliant this song is

this was better

;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Since we aren't doing away with marriage......................

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement