Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cpa ireland -usa

Options
  • 11-04-2013 11:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

hi
    i am currently doing my cpa exams, doing my last 2 in f2 and hope to do 4 in p1 next year. i was thinking of moving to the usa the following year and i am wondering can i continue my education abroad with there branch and sit exams to finish it out or do i have to take a sabbatical here for a year and return to finish them and if i do have to do that will my exam that i have passed up to date be recognized over there to get a job for the year?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Morte

??? There's no connection between the US CPA and the Irish CPA.

I'm sure they'd view you as part qualified, though without knowing any local laws or standards. Your work experience will probably be what matters.

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭Odats

AFAIK Chartered Accountants Ireland is the only accountancy body in Ireland that has a mutual recognition agreement with AICPA.

Best to look at their website and send someone an email.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,943 ✭✭✭smcgiff

I take it that the OP is wondering if he can sit his CPA Ireland exams in the US?!?

I don't think you can, but no harm asking HQ - they might arrange something for you.

Good luck

Advertisement