Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Communion allowance cut to stop ‘lavish’ spending

• 12-04-2013 12:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 34

Communion allowance cut to stop ‘lavish’ spending.

The government spent €3.4 million on communion and confirmation allowances to people who needed help last year – but has announced plans limiting the payment to €110.

I do not have a problem with any genuine person claiming for unemployed or social welfare help, but its ridiculous to think that the government are subsidising the like of this.

It's no wonder we see such carry on as little kids going on sunbeds and the like and hotel gatherings that look like mini gypsy weddings and please don't forget the next day afterparty ( because apparently the communion day was the childs day ? :rolleyes: )

Little Amy now looks more like a mini Beyonce ( the only similarity really being that she is now the same skin tone as her )

I believe this should be stopped only because it is abused, unfortunatly the persons that really needed a hand now have to suffer.

I bet most of you can’t believe there is an allowance for this! I wonder if you can get it backdated? :D

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement