Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alternatives to Barna Waste

Options
  • 12-04-2013 12:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,660 ✭✭✭

With an interim Examiner appointed to Barna Waste, I am wondering what alternatives exist in the west of the country.

WERS seem to cover the west and North of the county. Does any other company Cover the Connemara Area ?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5 BamboozledN

I just read on the Barna Waste Facebook page that all collections remain the same. It must not effect customers collection times. I'm not sure about any other company out there though!

• Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭finlma

Greyhound started in the city and outskirts recently. Not sure how far out of the city they go though. Much better price than Barna, WERS, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,902 ✭✭✭gifted

We live in Oranmore and Greyhound have started knocking on our door offering great prices...sign up now and it's €150 for the year, we have already signed up to Barna Waste until the end of June but the greyhound salesman has told us that if we sign up now that Greyhound will arrange for Barna Waste to credit Greyhound that two and a half months. Anyone get offered this?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

For the sake of jobs alone, I hope the company gets through this phase. If there's a price war and a race to the base, nobody wins. You sign up to a supplier and they go out of business you're out of pocket and having to pay someone else to collect your bins, expensive in the long run.

For the little extra cost, I'll be paying monthly instead of every 6 months, I think.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

gifted wrote: »
    the greyhound salesman has told us that if we sign up now that Greyhound will arrange for Barna Waste to credit Greyhound that two and a half months. Anyone get offered this?

That sounds like absolute BS to me, think about it - why would Barna waste want to help you move to a competitor? not a snowball's chance. That was just a salesman trying any dirty trick to get his commission, once you'd signed up he'd just deny that he ever said any such thing (that's if greyhound ever bothered to follow up on it since these salesmen aren't employed by greyhound directly)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5 BamboozledN

finlma wrote: »
    Greyhound started in the city and outskirts recently. Not sure how far out of the city they go though. Much better price than Barna, WERS, etc.

I don't know about it, I'm with Barna 4 years now and I find their service great. I'd rather have a good quality collection than price alone. It's more reliable. But that's just me! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭whitelightrider

I don't know about it, I'm with Barna 4 years now and I find their service great. I'd rather have a good quality collection than price alone. It's more reliable. But that's just me! :)

Same here. Been with them 5 years and any issue I had was dealt with quickly. They may not be the cheapest but at least I know my bins will be collected.

• Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭finlma

I'd rather have a good quality collection than price alone. It's more reliable. But that's just me! :)

What's a good quality collection? As long as my bins are collected I couldn't give two hoots. Price wins every day. Greyhound are half the price of Barna. No brainer.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Mod: BamboozledN isn't going to be able to respond any longer as they have been banned.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,564 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Barna are the only crowd that do the collection where i live so hopefully it all works out ok for them, they provide excellent service IMO.

• Advertisement
Advertisement