Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I must be getting old!

2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Three Seasons

meoklmrk91 wrote: »
    Yup I'm 22 :D

Sound medical advice there, ill be sure to get that checked out. I've heard that alright, well considering my childhood and teenage diet I'm glad my body has finally woken up to the vast amount of nutrients it was seriously deprived over the last 22 years!

If you think you are getting old at 22 you need to go back and do some junior infants maths. Get yourself an abacus, by the sounds of it, you'll need one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

If you think you are getting old at 22 you need to go back and do some junior infants maths. Get yourself an abacus, by the sounds of it, you'll need one.

While I have been pretty much self sufficient since I was 16 this is the first year that I actually feel like a proper adult, kids I used to baby sit started college this year, some of my friends have had kids, my little cousins are taller than me and my aunts and uncles are really getting on. I now get what my parents meant when they said the years fly.

So yes I am not old at all in the grand scheme of things, but I feel old when I see the little girl I used to babysit out getting drunk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

I also know I'm old because myself and some other friends/relatives got pregnant and it was on purpose!

When I told one of my friends her first reaction was oh god, what did your parents say? until she realised we're almost 30 and we're all married now :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭The guy

Funkfield wrote: »
    I had a .TK website

Touché
    I'm a year older than OP and I had a .tk site. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

I'm 37. I'd love a Rice Krispie bun and a Coke soda now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

meoklmrk91 wrote: »
    I have recently noticed how much I am craving healthy food, particularly fruit and veg, I would eat neither as a child and its a wonder I didn't get scurvy or something.
    I was the opposite as a child in that giving the option of a piece of fruit like an apple or pear over a piece of chocolate , I would (9 times out of 10) take the piece of fruit ...but I was a strange child :pac:
    So AH, how did you know that you were getting a bit of sense in your old age?
    growing old disgracefully does it for me .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,191 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Amlid. Says it all, really. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

This is one of those times when the comfortable delusion that everyone on boards is your age or older smashed to pieces.

22 pft, I had gone on my first school tour when you were born kid! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

I didn't have my usual salad for lunch today, instead opting to treat myself to some pasta carbonara. I don't have the 'happy belly' I get after a feed of salad, and I get the feeling that my digestive system will get its own back on me for depriving it of its vegetables tomorrow.

It's a sorry state of affairs when your own internal organs gang up on you.

• Advertisement
Advertisement