Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Has anybody been called to an interview at Trinity yet?

Options
  • 12-04-2013 2:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 734 ✭✭✭abceire

Yes, I've mine not next week but the week after for psychology. I did the aptitude test a week ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭simon0brien

abceire wrote: »
    Yes, I've mine not next week but the week after for psychology. I did the aptitude test a week ago.

Congratualtions.. Did you get your results back??

They just said something like, you did well enough to make it to the next interview faze. No results were given.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Trinner

Faze?
    Phase.....

Is there a written part to entrance exams? I applied for a computer course and I was turned down on my spelling and punctuation. I have an engineering degree from DIT and i can do little with it and i was looking to further my education and hopefully make it work for me.

It's something that you will need to work on as its what got me rejected and it I would imagine will come up on written exams.

Gems

Opps..... I meant phase.

There was a written application, I'd to do a few short essays. But I had lots of time to do spell checks and get someone to read over it before I sent it off.
    I got advice from someone who works with Trinity and their TAP programme, He said that I shouldn't when doing similar essays for UCD in a test on site environment, worry so much about spelling, don't dumb it down so you can be sure to spell everything correctly. Spelling seems a funny one to pick people up on these days, with iphones you can look any word up.
    There was a aptitude exam, but it was all multiple choice. My spelling isn't great, I've a great memories for details about people, but names I'm terrible at, spellings the same, I need context, not just here it is put it in your brain and store it.

• Advertisement

Opps..... I meant phase.

There was a written application, I'd to do a few short essays. But I had lots of time to do spell checks and get someone to read over it before I sent it off.
    I got advice from someone who works with Trinity and their TAP programme, He said that I shouldn't when doing similar essays for UCD in a test on site environment, worry so much about spelling, don't dumb it down so you can be sure to spell everything correctly. Spelling seems a funny one to pick people up on these days, with iphones you can look any word up.
    There was a aptitude exam, but it was all multiple choice. My spelling isn't great, I've a great memories for details about people, but names I'm terrible at, spellings the same, I need context, not just here it is put it in your brain and store it.

I don't think spelling is a main asset for most people at college.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 ronnieboy1968

I have an interview for social work next week any pointers

Look up on here mature student section, there is a great few posts , one on interviews, it has questions you'll be asked, and questions you should ask. http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055676871
    I'd write down the question you want to ask and maybe even a few points for the answers to the questions they'll ask as it's hard to remember once your in there.
    Stuff like why this college?
    What areas interest you
    What has this college that another college doesn't have that made you apply here, check out that link it's very helpful.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Skcornnelg

Just had my second and 3rd interviews today. 3rd one was for TSM History. Don't think it went well at all. Questions were tough enough. Think alot of them were specific to the application and my volunteer work.

I asked how many places are available and he said about 3. I could see his interview list and there was about 15 names on it.

Not holding out any hope. I have an interview with St. Pats coming up, hopefully it won't feel as grilling!

Skcornnelg wrote: »
    Just had my second and 3rd interviews today. 3rd one was for TSM History. Don't think it went well at all. Questions were tough enough. Think alot of them were specific to the application and my volunteer work.

I asked how many places are available and he said about 3. I could see his interview list and there was about 15 names on it.

Not holding out any hope. I have an interview with St. Pats coming up, hopefully it won't feel as grilling!

Hard Luck :( Which kinda questions did you find tricky?? I'd say there was a lot of interest in History so even making the interview was good :O

• Advertisement

I only had one interview so far, they said there won't be another for anyone. It's for psychology.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Lipstik.Junky

I only had one interview so far, they said there won't be another for anyone. It's for psychology.
    hi abceire, How did you find the Psychology interview at Trinity?

Advertisement