Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

c.v. advice

Options
  • 12-04-2013 2:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi,
    I am looking for some advice, after the Leaving Cert I went straight into a job in a supermarket. I have been working there for 2 years now and I am grateful to still have the job but I'm ready to move on as there are no opportunities for me to progress further in the job and I have become bored with it.
    So I was wondering, on my c.v should I include my current employer as a reference as I only have one other that is my secondary school principal. I haven't made them aware that I am looking for a new job or asked them to be a referee. Are prospective employers allowed to contact the referees on your c.v. with your permission?
    Any advice about this would be appreciated :)
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,891 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Just say "Referees on request" - don't name them.

Then before you give our anyone's name or phone number, ask if they are willing to be a referee for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 jdawg92

Thanks a mill'

• Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭murphym7

Have a think about managers that have left the supermarket too, if there are any. That will help with the awkwardness of having current boss having to be a reference.

Advertisement