Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mods are....

• 12-04-2013 5:38am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭

....roughly 13 times more likely to thank an "EDIT post" made by a fellow Mod than a non-Mod is; and 3 times more likely to thank the EDIT post than a non-edit Post in the same thread by the same Mod.

I base this figure on about an hour of shoddy, half-assed stasticial analysis with slightly questionable methodology:

1. Examined 10 threads where a Mod has had to EDIT Post #1 due to a high percentage of Tomfoolery and nonsense being spouted in the thread.

2a. Counted all thanks on the post 2b. Counted the mods who thanked it.

3. Divided the total number of Boardsies by the Total Number of Mods.

4. Then i did a bunch of other stuff which made vague sense in my head and reached figures.

Is there some witch-craft at work here? The mysterious power of the "Mod-Edit"? Or a nefarious secret brotherhood of Mods who acknowledge each other through the use of the Edit?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

....roughly 13 times more likely to thank an "EDIT post" made by a fellow Mod than a non-Mod is; and 3 times more likely to thank the EDIT post than a non-edit Post in the same thread by the same Mod.

I base this figure on about an hour of shoddy, half-assed stasticial analysis with slightly questionable methodology:

1. Examined 10 threads where a Mod has had to EDIT Post #1 due to a high percentage of Tomfoolery and nonsense being spouted in the thread.

2a. Counted all thanks on the post 2b. Counted the mods who thanked it.

3. Divided the total number of Boardsies by the Total Number of Mods.

4. Then i did a bunch of other stuff which made vague sense in my head and reached figures.

Is there some witch-craft at work here? The mysterious power of the "Mod-Edit"? Or a nefarious secret brotherhood of Mods who acknowledge each other through the use of the Edit?

thanks for your hard and insightful bs work...

(mods feel free to thank my unedited post:) )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

Thanked. Not sure what to do now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

MadsL wrote: »
    Thanked. Not sure what to do now?

likely Lock, sleep and ponder if it gets any sadder than this :rolleyes:

I stand by the figures though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

likely Lock, sleep and ponder if it gets any sadder than this :rolleyes:

I stand by the figures though!
    36-32-34?? ; )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

I pledge to donate some money to SSF in December for starting this nonsense thread. On that note, i'm out :)

Stand by the figures

• Advertisement

I pledge to donate lots of money to SSF in December for starting this nonsense thread. On that note, i'm out :)

Stand by the figures

Quoted for foreverness.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement