Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Flight Fest (Vulcan fly past)

1333435363739»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 571 ✭✭✭BonkeyDonker

bumper234 wrote: »
    Hopefully the vulcan can make it for next years flight fest ;)

Hopefully there will be one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,250 ✭✭✭✭bumper234

Hopefully there will be one.

There will be and not in Dublin ;)

Will the IAA be organising it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,319 ✭✭✭emo72

Ah heyor! You can't come in here and say that and then go all coy on us. Spill some beans my good man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,116 ✭✭✭Mech1

emo72 wrote: »
    Ah heyor! You can't come in here and say that and then go all coy on us. Spill some beans my good man.

Yip we want loads of beans, all spilt all over the gaff, people slipping and falling on them etc etc.

go on go on go on!!!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

Hopefully the vulcan can make it for next years flight fest ;)

I voted for you, so spill it bumper!

Where? What? When?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,250 ✭✭✭✭bumper234

Rumour around HQ is that next year a bigger better FF will take place in Drumroll please

Limerick :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,116 ✭✭✭Mech1

I Dont like those beans, rethink needed.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭airbusa320

Flightfest 2014 now thats something to look forward to ?
    Now can some one start spilling them beans:)

Rumour around HQ is that next year a bigger better FF will take place in Drumroll please

Limerick :D

Bigger number of aircraft perhaps - but I cannot see the crowd being the same - given how this years basicilly broke the Dublin public transport system - which has infinitely more capacity than Limerick.

Will it be a similar idea of flying down the Shannon at low level?

Sits back and waits for the Cork contingent to start a rant about Shannon always holding Cork back

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

I can see how it would be easier to organise, quieter airspace etc. but I don't see Limerick attracting the same numbers as Dublin.

I mean, I know all the aviation fans will travel down as they did to Dublin but most people who attended Flightfest 2013 and made it the massive event it was hadn't a clue about planes, they were your every day people who heard about it on TV, radio, newspapers, etc. or even on the day. And I don't know if you could get the same number of them in Limerick..

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭robclay26

Bring flight fest back to what we had in the good aul days in Baldonnel. The Airshows that we have over the past few years are quite good in fairness. Always remember how much effort is put into all of them by organisers, authorities etc.

But, we are missing 3 things from a display point of view.
    Take off, landing and having a static display. You can't get this at flight fest, bray, salthill. I'm not putting these shows down.
    I understand Baldonnel had problems with litter after the 2000 show. I think some agreement could be done to prevent this from happening again.
    It's a great location, it's in the capital and has the main southern routes going direct to it etc. plenty of car parking and access roads.
    Hopefully with things picking up slowly some time in the future a big Airshow will be held. Get some support from the government or local authorities, sponsorship. We did it before, we can do it again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Killinator

I for one think these are very tasty beans, and it has nothing to do with being from Limerick, no, nothing,...not one thing....no......well......:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,561 ✭✭✭andy_g

robclay26 wrote: »
    Bring flight fest back to what we had in the good aul days in Baldonnel. The Airshows that we have over the past few years are quite good in fairness. Always remember how much effort is put into all of them by organisers, authorities etc.

But, we are missing 3 things from a display point of view.
    Take off, landing and having a static display. You can't get this at flight fest, bray, salthill. I'm not putting these shows down.
    I understand Baldonnel had problems with litter after the 2000 show. I think some agreement could be done to prevent this from happening again.
    It's a great location, it's in the capital and has the main southern routes going direct to it etc. plenty of car parking and access roads.
    Hopefully with things picking up slowly some time in the future a big Airshow will be held. Get some support from the government or local authorities, sponsorship. We did it before, we can do it again.

If this was to work i think the same setup as in Malta should be used. The airshow is run by the aviation society and museum in malta,

Its the volunteers that are there to marshal (training required) and help on arrival's and departure days as well as the show days.

They rely on selling stock and promoting the show to get the funding in for the show and for the museum.

After departure days they spend a further three days to one week for clean up and its all down to a dedicated volunteer service, if here in Ireland we had that we would be sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Jpb7

I had recorded Air spectacular 2000 and put some footage up the sound went corrupt for some reason when I uploaded it
    Anyway
    flight fest has the capacity to be a brilliant airshow if held at Shannon
    the runway can Handle any aircraft
    and it is reasonably quiet airspace

the government want punters to spend money and it would be good PR For those involved September would be ideal because you would have a better chance of securing UK and European aircraft since the Airshow season would be quite so I say BRING IT ON .....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Red Nissan

Jpb7 wrote: »
    I had recorded Air spectacular 2000 and put some footage up the sound went corrupt for some reason when I uploaded it
    Anyway.

If you want to show your video at its best, use MySpace or Vimeo ~ both have free sections.

Thought I'd throw this up.
    I had to cut several aircrat(Avro,ATR's,etc) due to youtube time constraints.
    Obviously the wind caused some shaky cam and 'noise'.
    Its in HD.

Also note the size comparison of the A380 circlin the bay as the A340 comes in @ 12:32-12:38:eek:

EDIT: Hmmm, seems YouTubes anti shake correction is sh*t, I'll fix that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 NiallJS99

Where was the RAF C130? Thanks. ;)

NiallJS99 wrote: »
    Where was the RAF C130? Thanks. ;)

It didn't show

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 401 ✭✭iora_rua

If anyone is interested on this thread - Cold War Hot Jets has just started on BBC2 - one item will be the Vulcan.

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭haymur

iora_rua wrote: »
    If anyone is interested on this thread - Cold War Hot Jets has just started on BBC2 - one item will be the Vulcan.
    Great just turned over thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 714 ✭✭✭islanderre

This months Airliner World has great photos of Flight Fest too....... as they are taken from above; I presume they were taken from the hovering helicopter on the day.

Worth a look

Advertisement