Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Flight Fest (Vulcan fly past)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Anyone reckon that the bridge at Ringsend might be a good spot to watch it from? I remember for the Tall Ships they had the locks at Grand Canal Dock blocked off so I presume they'll be doing the same for this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,984 ✭✭✭Stovepipe

Hi there
    expect Gerry Humphreys, Eddie Goggins and Dave Bruton too.

regards
    Stovepipe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭shamwari

Any word on a flight schedule / timetable for the day?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,551 ✭✭✭Rubecula

I promised I would try to find out details of the Hawk from work. (I am off work due to medical probs just now) So anyway I went in and spoke to the aircrew who are organising the flying programs. They had no idea this event was actually happening. In fact my mention of it was the first they had heard of it.

Good news is that I work on the new Hawk T2. The other Hawk Squadron have the T1 the more common version. I have no contacts with them at the moment so I can not enlighten you as to their plans. Also there is another squadron based elsewhere that flies the Hawk and I believe the Royal Navy still fly a few too. I have absolutely no contact with either of these so I can not furnish any iinformation.

However when I mentioned it to the our aircrew they seemed very enthusiastic. It may be a bit late in the day, but now that they know about it they are seriously interested and MAY be able to sort out a T2 flypast. Not holding my breath on that one, but they are also looking at landing in Ireland too, so watch this space. BAe who make the aircraft may be in favour too as it will show off the aircraft.

It may happen ..... If it does I expect I will get the blame now for starting it off. I may be out of pocket on this one LOL LOL

Anyway, as I say it is probably a bit late in the day for them to organise something now. But hey I tried ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,970 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Well done Rubecula that would be fantastic they could spend the weekend in Baldonnell , I saw several Hawk displays at the Salthill Air Show great displays they were as of course were the Red Arrows at Salthill also, hopefully something comes out of this. Actually met several Hawk pilots at Salthill as they stayed for the weekend there and operated from Shannon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭Air Boss

Air Boss wrote: »
    Prob one loss A300 pity

One new B767

shamwari wrote: »
    Any word on a flight schedule / timetable for the day?

High level schedule
    say 1400 start
    EI A330 they need the aircraft back
    Iolar
    then single engine piston aircraft - short circuit
    then the main event
    difficult to be sure of non dublin/Bal/WST arrival time
    If southport run late then we will have change our order
    XH558 may be last
    More info later

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭airbusa320

Whos the B767 operator.
    Is the A300 gone now .
    Great to see all the jets coming from Soutport, will they be using Baldonnell or just back to the. U.K

airbusa320 wrote: »
    Whos the B767 operator.
    Is the A300 gone now .
    Great to see all the jets coming from Soutport, will they be using Baldonnell or just back to the. U.K
    Q1 and Q2
    Same operator - aircraft owener issue
    Q3
    Depends on fuel burn and any holding in the dublin area
    for jet aircraft DUB an option not decided yet

• Advertisement

frequencies
    133.275 display radar
    119.600 capital control

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,080 ✭✭✭EchoIndia

Q1 and Q2
    Same operator - aircraft owener issue

DHL?

From the video it appears that acft must be at 1,700 ft by the Matt Talbot bridge and then turn left. How likely is it that any large machines will be much lower than this for their run/s? I magine most spectators will be west of the Eastlink bridge, which in flying terms is quite close to the turning point.

EchoIndia wrote: »
    DHL?

From the video it appears that acft must be at 1,700 ft by the Matt Talbot bridge and then turn left. How likely is it that any large machines will be much lower than this for their run/s? I magine most spectators will be west of the Eastlink bridge, which in flying terms is quite close to the turning point.
    Good comment
    Will depend on operator
    All aircraft will have no pax - a display requirement some requested to have some - two engines and no problem
    PBY5A has UK permission to operate down to 500feet
    I posted the video to allow people to know the best viewing areas

Appreciate that and thanks for all the information!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭SachaJ

Is that video a good representation of the height the planes will be flying at?

If so, from the North Wall it will be hard to see anything but the bottom of the planes so perhaps Clontarf would be good for a side on view

SachaJ wrote: »
    Is that video a good representation of the height the planes will be flying at?

If so, from the North Wall it will be hard to see anything but the bottom of the planes so perhaps Clontarf would be good for a side on view

Also very good comment
    On the quays you will also see the underside
    A 800 feet building would be ideal
    I will post on this prolem later if I have any solutions

Somewhere like Grand Canal Dock might be just as good as the quays if aircraft are going to be that high.

Somewhere like Grand Canal Dock might be just as good as the quays if aircraft are going to be that high.

800 feet not high for large aircraft also large amount of people

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭b757

Any chance of a full power run down the Liffey by the Vulcan & the other jet trainers?

Lineup looks great, really looking forward to it. Thanks again to the organisers and iaa!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,250 ✭✭✭✭bumper234

b757 wrote: »
    Any chance of a full power run down the Liffey by the Vulcan & the other jet trainers?

Lineup looks great, really looking forward to it. Thanks again to the organisers and iaa!

Will you pay for all of the windows? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭b757

bumper234 wrote: »
    Will you pay for all of the windows? :D

Nothing will happen! :p

Best chance on second run as they position to exit the display area will be included in final briefing with crews and will depend on who was ahead of you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,250 ✭✭✭✭bumper234

Nothing will happen! :p he says with fingers crossed.

FYP :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 102 ✭✭Frank Jnr

A display climb out by the Vulcan would be nice, imagine hearing the "howl" echo between all the buildings :-)

Frank Jnr wrote: »
    A display climb out by the Vulcan would be nice, imagine hearing the "howl" echo between all the buildings :-)

There is no doubt that the quays are a natural amphitheater for sound but also for wake turbulence

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,116 ✭✭✭Mech1

frequencies
    133.275 display radar
    119.600 capital control

inserting them now:D

Mech1 wrote: »
    inserting them now:D

Some test over the next few weeks but only active on the display day
    One city centre
    Other at the ATC centre
    Do you need any more info ?

They must be standard "backup" frequencies, as I got duplicate warnings on both so they where already in the feed.

They must be standard "backup" frequencies, as I got duplicate warnings on both so they where already in the feed.

Not new frequencies
    One used at bray airshow
    and one back up ATC frequencie
    Does that make sense ?

• Advertisement

Not new frequencies
    One used at bray airshow
    and one back up ATC frequencie
    Does that make sense ?

Thats fine, the newness or not aint important its just great to know exactly where (as in what channels) to point the feed:D

Thats fine, the newness or not aint important its just great to know exactly where (as in what channels) to point the feed:D

Dublin airport site about 260 amsl at the ATC centre
    City centre about 100 feet amsl along thequays
    Aircraft should be no problem

What new aircraft ?
    Much more A than Bs
    Company B told only one B
    Watch this space

What new aircraft ?
    Much more A than Bs
    Company B told only one B
    Watch this space
    I tell a lie B17 makes 2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭SachaJ

I tell a lie B17 makes 2

two B17s?

Not now accessible.

• Advertisement

SachaJ wrote: »
    two B17s?

No just a B738 and a B17

Not now accessible.
    Interesting I wonder who did that

Not now accessible.
    I fear a dark force in this thread

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭robclay26

Looking forward to flight fest! Seen the Vulcan today in Newcastle, all I can say is wow! Looking forward to seeing it fly down Dublin city. Roll on the 15th

robclay26 wrote: »
    Looking forward to flight fest! Seen the Vulcan today in Newcastle, all I can say is wow! Looking forward to seeing it fly down Dublin city. Roll on the 15th
    Great what else was fab ?

• Advertisement

Great what else was fab ?

Hi Air Boss,
    All of it was fab to be honest! Hawker hunter was a nice machine and sabre f86, lovely old jets! Red arrows put on a flawless display as always. Our own air corps solo pc9 put on a mighty show also.
    Well run show

robclay26 wrote: »
    Hi Air Boss,
    All of it was fab to be honest! Hawker hunter was a nice machine and sabre f86, lovely old jets! Red arrows put on a flawless display as always. Our own air corps solo pc9 put on a mighty show also.
    Well run show

A difficult act to follow to follow
    no red arrows for us
    but maybe some formation flying
    PC9 are great
    our display will be different
    half large aircraft just flying
    half more interesting displays

A difficult act to follow to follow
    no red arrows for us
    but maybe some formation flying
    PC9 are great
    our display will be different
    half large aircraft just flying
    half more interesting displays

Flightfest is a different type of display, am looking forward to it vrry much and am sure it will be a great job :) fair play to all involved!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

Hi all,

Have a bit of dilemma, want to bring my son to see this but hate battling the crowds with the push-chair (he's only 1).

I do have roof access to a building in Sandymount village - do you reckon this would be too far away to get a good view?

keith16 wrote: »
    Hi all,

Have a bit of dilemma, want to bring my son to see this but hate battling the crowds with the push-chair (he's only 1).

I do have roof access to a building in Sandymount village - do you reckon this would be too far away to get a good view?
    Where in sandymout and I will you a opinion

Where in sandymout and I will you a opinion

In the village itself, near the green.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 722 ✭✭✭urajoke

keith16 wrote: »
    In the village itself, near the green.

Great location for the downwind traffic, I wouldn't worry about going into the city center itself just to see the belly of an aircraft fly by. You will be more than satisfied by that location as long as you can clearly see the skies all around.

The circuit is left turn at or before the customs house southbound just west of the Aviva to Dun Laoighaire harbour and then left back to the Chimneys. So you should see the traffic run up the liffey and then as they track south to Dun Laoighaire, it won't be overhead but you still should get a great view.

Cool, thanks. Yep, will have a clear 360° view! Can't wait for this now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 722 ✭✭✭urajoke

Traffic will be at 1700ft as they pass you which is still very low especially for the larger aircraft like the 346 or 380.

Enjoy.

urajoke wrote: »
    Traffic will be at 1700ft as they pass you which is still very low especially for the larger aircraft like the 346 or 380.

Enjoy.

Based on the info you have provided, I drew a map of the expected route.

2SiPnKe.jpg

• Advertisement
Advertisement