Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need some advice

Options
  • 12-04-2013 8:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭

I find it difficult to find help on the internet for this, with some basic advice or techniques for over coming blocks. Has there been any set of exercises which you have carried out before your day, and you did everyday and it really helped?

Could anyone give say, three techniques to help with this? I know people say pausing and taking your time, but people just don't wait and move onto someone else or ignore me: mission failed.

I really need to get started with employing techniques, because pushing words out is exhausting and I cannot do it anymore.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭sadie9

Hi Vronki,
    Have you had speech therapy at any point? You could go private to a speech & language therapist (some health insurers contribute to cost of adult therapy, or if it says only child speech therapy, if you get a GP referral they will accept that) or get your name on the list at your local Health Centre for adult speech therapy. A speech therapist experienced with stuttering will help a lot.

There is no quick fix really. If you were really stuck in a situation, you could use very slow robotic type syllabic speech where the sounds are running into each other, but most people who stutter are so sensitive to their voices they cannot tolerate that either.

Advertisement