Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thoughts on phone options

Options
  • 12-04-2013 9:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭

My sister is getting an upgrade and has left the decision on phone up to me so wanted to check with ye guys on what you thought of the following.

She is on O2 and having a baby so her No.1 thing is camera and video has to be good.

The 4 options I came up with are
    HTC One – but some reviews on the camera is there is slight fuzz from the looks of it

Motorla Razri – decent review from the looks of it

S3 – Looks like great camera

LT30I XPERIA T – Don’t know much about this and not many reviews online

LUMIA 920 – But looks to be very heavy?

Any thoughts or recommendations ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,990 ✭✭✭✭listermint

elmoie wrote: »
    My sister is getting an upgrade and has left the decision on phone up to me so wanted to check with ye guys on what you thought of the following.

She is on O2 and having a baby so her No.1 thing is camera and video has to be good.

The 4 options I came up with are
    HTC One – but some reviews on the camera is there is slight fuzz from the looks of it

Motorla Razri – decent review from the looks of it

S3 – Looks like great camera

LT30I XPERIA T – Don’t know much about this and not many reviews online

LUMIA 920 – But looks to be very heavy?

Any thoughts or recommendations ?

For me it is between the S3 and the Lumia

Why ? The S3 is a very good all rounder in all aspects

Lumia has a superb camera and really solid build.

The one has a rubbish build and ive had 2 seperate mates go through x2 of them each because of build quality (swapped out)

The Razor is a great midlevel phone and it actually pretty good. But against the S3 its still midlevel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭seanmacc

Nokia phones can stop bullets.

5049128_700b.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭elmoie

Thanks a mill listermint - just sent on the S3 and Nokia 920 to her

Looks like she should just pop in see both and decide which she likes better Android or WM as both are the best choices.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭✭Dan_Solo

listermint wrote: »
    The one has a rubbish build and ive had 2 seperate mates go through x2 of them each because of build quality (swapped out)
    Do you mean the One X? The One is just out and reviewers say the build is up there with anything available from anybody.

Dan_Solo wrote: »
    Do you mean the One X? The One is just out and reviewers say the build is up there with anything available from anybody.

Yes i meant the OneX, presuming from the price point of the phones in the OP it was hardly going to be the One...

• Advertisement

No it was the new "One" (for some reason the upgrade price is similar to the others)

No it was the new "One" (for some reason the upgrade price is similar to the others)

Unusual, Id look into the detail of that contract. There has to be something missing if its the same price as a Razor and Lumia. Might be extended contract or less minutes or data allowance. Check the finer detail.

The New One would be my choice then out of the bunch.

to clear it up i think it an affinity plan and there are price differencese.g the razer is def cheaper but she only buys a new phone every two years so does not mind investing in a decent phone

• Registered Users Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭irishpancake

to clear it up i think it an affinity plan and there are price differencese.g the razer is def cheaper but she only buys a new phone every two years so does not mind investing in a decent phone

If that's the situation, go for the One...it is superb!!!

I've got an S3, and it is fantastic, but lots of plastic takes away form it, the One looks just fantastic, and has the specs to be a world beater, IMO.

Advertisement