Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chuck Prophet & Mission Express - Workman's 2nd May

Options
  • 12-04-2013 9:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭

Very excited for this. AFAIK Chuck hasn't played Dublin before, should be a cracking show.

Any other Boardsies going?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭ned rierson

Hold Steady there Hoop. I will be there. And in Kilkenny

Chuck has played Dublin several times before.

back in the workmans on 16 oct. new album is class

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Hoop66

That's going to be a busy week...

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭Wheeker

Hoop66 wrote: »
    Very excited for this. AFAIK Chuck hasn't played Dublin before, should be a cracking show.

Any other Boardsies going?
    Chuck has played Dublin several times before.

Yup- I was at the Workmens to see him 2nd May last year. TBH I didn't have huge expectations, I saw Green on Red a few times back in the day & was well into them. I listened to his then new album "Temple Beautiful" & was hooked so thought I would go along. It turned out to be one of my gigs of the year! Only about 40 people there but he put on a great show & there was a fantastic "feel-good" vibe to it all. His wife plays keyboards & does backing vocals and it was all very relaxed, though still rocked. New album "Night Surfer" doesn't seem to have as instant an impact as "Temple Beautiful" with me, but I have already bought my tix for 16 Oct anyhow. Looking forward to it :D

• Advertisement

Cleeres in Kilkenny the following night. Temple beautiful is one of his best so night surfer has a big act to follow.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RPFK-3pGyjc

some tunes from new album

:(

Unfortunately I am not going to be able to make the Chuck Prophet gig this Thursday 16/10/14 @ The Workmans Club. I had already bought a ticket in advance & as I doubt I have any chance of selling it, I may as well give it away to a Boardsie. First person who PM's me their e-mail address gets it. It's an e-ticket anyhow so I can just e-mail it on to you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

excellent gig. some fine guitarslinging on show

• Advertisement

Wheeker wrote: »
    :(

Unfortunately I am not going to be able to make the Chuck Prophet gig this Thursday 16/10/14 @ The Workmans Club. I had already bought a ticket in advance & as I doubt I have any chance of selling it, I may as well give it away to a Boardsie. First person who PM's me their e-mail address gets it. It's an e-ticket anyhow so I can just e-mail it on to you.

Well, he sent me a mail alright - no ticket attached mind...

Thanks anyway dude. As it turns out I wasn't able to make it. Need to save brownie points for THS on Saturday.

*runs round room with Unified Scene t-shirt over head*

Hoop66 wrote: »
    Well, he sent me a mail alright - no ticket attached mind...

Thanks anyway dude. As it turns out I wasn't able to make it. Need to save brownie points for THS on Saturday.

*runs round room with Unified Scene t-shirt over head*

Sorry about that- I am up North this week & for some reason I couldn't send emails properly. I did resend again but looks like that didn't work. Ah well......

Wheeker wrote: »
    Sorry about that- I am up North this week & for some reason I couldn't send emails properly. I did resend again but looks like that didn't work. Ah well......

No worries, it was a very nice gesture so thanks again.

back in whelans in july.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭edhead

back in whelans in july.

Thanks for heads up, gonna catch him again this time round. Playing a Cork show also. He's a road hog.

edhead wrote: »
    Thanks for heads up, gonna catch him again this time round. Playing a Cork show also. He's a road hog.

just him and the missus this time

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭IWWINFORMATION

Hi Guys,

Chuck Prophet with Stephanie Finch will be playing Whelans this Wednesday! Down to the last 12 tickets!! Hope to see some of you there!

Hi Guys,

Chuck Prophet with Stephanie Finch will be playing Whelans this Wednesday! Down to the last 12 tickets!! Hope to see some of you there!

managed to get to three of the gigs. dublin was the best of them. john murry appeared for the encore in kilkenny.

Chuck & Mission Express playing the Set in Kilkenny on July 28.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭edhead

That I read that it was Cleere's? Late show at 11?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭yknaa

Few more added:

7/26/2017 - Belfast, NIR - Errigle Inn w/The Mission Express
    7/27/2017 - Dublin, IRL - Whelan’s w/The Mission Express
    7/28/2017 - Kilkenny, IRL - Set Theatre w/The Mission Express

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

Saw them in the set during the roots festival in 2013. Probably head along again.

def going to dublin and kilkenny. never been in the errigle

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭IWWINFORMATION

They have Chuck Prophet & The Mission Express listings on Whelans website, picked up my tickets just there :)

Advertisement