Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nvidia Drivers, missing on boot.

Options
  • 12-04-2013 10:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

I have searched and googled this like mad and cannot find any answers or issues similar to what i'm having. (Maybe I just suck at googling)

For the last week i've been having a massive problem with my Nvidia Drivers.

Every time I boot my computer, it seems that the graphics drivers are either failing to start or just disappearing.
    No errors show anywhere i've looked.
    Firefox Crashed on startup, chrome will load, but will not open any pages.
    Steam fails to start, as does Razer Synapse.(both of these are set to start on boot)

When I open the Nvidia Control Panel (which starts like normal) The Preview box is blank.

http://i.imgur.com/gn6Z1NN.png

If I re-install the drivers, everything works fine again, (above image was post install, usally its just an empty box where the preview is)

Until I reboot my machine. Then its back to square one with nothing working untill i re-install.

I've tried reinstalling as admin & forcing a clean installation, neither of which worked.

Does anyone have any ideas

Spec: (exerpt from DxDiag, can provide it all if needed.)

Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1
    BIOS: BIOS Date: 01/11/12 09:28:52 Ver: 04.06.04
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2500K CPU @ 3.30GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.3GHz
    Memory: 8192MB RAM
    Available OS Memory: 8164MB RAM
    DirectX Version: DirectX 11
    Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti
    Driver File Version: 9.18.0013.1422 (English)
    Driver Version: 9.18.13.1422
    DDI Version: 11
    Driver Model: WDDM 1.1
    Driver Attributes: Final Retail
    Driver Date/Size: 3/15/2013 06:53:06, 17990800 bytes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Freddy Smelly

drivers getting corrupted after a boot could be a sign of a failing hard drive.

schedule a chkdsk on boot for your c drive and tick the check for bad sectors option

Advertisement