Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Champions League and Europa League semi-final draws

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

keith16 wrote: »
    I think the term 'hipsters' is very unfair here.

Yes Dortmund have won a lot of new fans recently, but I think a lot of these would typically consider themselves neutral. When you think about it, it's easy to see why:

Does not compute

:)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Dortmund v Barca final just to see The Voice of Reason explode.

Injurytime equalisers/winners for both too. :cool:

From a Barcelona point of view, I'm glad to avoid Madrid and the potential of a Dortmund Barcelona final would be excellent.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Why don't people like Dortmund?

My guess is that some don't like Dortmund being used as an example between them and the club X person actually supports, oh let's just say Liverpool as it goes against their ideas/agendas on many aspects. Dortmund stared into the abyss less than a decade ago and over time turned itself into a footballing powerhouse once more with a manager who wasn't highly regarded when he took over and had his own struggles initially as well as going head to head against the financial might of Bayern Munich in regards to the league.

As for hating them being they're becoming some type of hipster choice to like. Only a small minded individual would think like that :)

Waaah, people like/appreciate them, so I'll hate them because I'm cool and stuff. Loltastic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,907 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Nuri Sahin wrote: »

As for hating them being they're becoming some type of hipster choice to like. Only a small minded individual would think like that :)

Waaah, people like/appreciate them, so I'll hate them because I'm cool and stuff. Loltastic.

Just to be clear, not wanting Dortmund to get to the final is nothing to with the club itself which is absolutely fantastic. No hate in that regard.

It's more to do with putting an end to the circle jerking and fawning over them from people who have just realised who they are in the last 12 to 18 months. Like Barca, it's become grating.

As with any bandwagon it has attracted lovers and haters and I've no problem being the latter, even if it makes you think I'm small minded :(

I prefer Madrid anyway :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Before QF my preference would of been Juve and then Dortmund.

So just Dortmund left and I would like to see them win it.

Whoever wins semi final from Real/Dortmund I will hope wins outright.

Should be 4 great semi final games anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

Lars1916 wrote: »
    It's either me, or the fact, there is no celebrity-like superstar playing for the club ;)

I'd say it's you :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

Boskowski wrote: »
    I'd say it's you :D

Never mind, last night, Michael D. was no lucky charm for Shels either ;)

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Just to be clear, not wanting Dortmund to get to the final is nothing to with the club itself which is absolutely fantastic. No hate in that regard.

It's more to do with putting an end to the circle jerking and fawning over them from people who have just realised who they are in the last 12 to 18 months. Like Barca, it's become grating.

As with any bandwagon it has attracted lovers and haters and I've no problem being the latter, even if it makes you think I'm small minded :(

I prefer Madrid anyway :)

My first paragraph was aimed elsewhere.

I agree with the bit in bold. But am I going to hold it against every club (obviously not BVB since I support them!) who has them? Well, no. Broader mind than that and it would be petty in doing the opposite I feel. If that's your reason for wanting BVB to lose, it is small time as I eluded to.

If you hate Dortmund for it's bandwagoners, let's look at the other semi finalists - Real Madrid, Barca and Bayern. I don't need to say or add anything else.

edit - If you want Real win, fair enough. But some of the bitterness and dare I say, anger from some folk towards Dortmund all of a sudden is hilarious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    My first paragraph was aimed elsewhere.

I agree with the bit in bold. But am I going to hold it against every club (obviously not BVB since I support them!) who has them? Well, no. Broader mind than that and it would be petty in doing the opposite I feel. If that's your reason for wanting BVB to lose, it is small time as I eluded to.

If you hate Dortmund for it's bandwagoners, let's look at the other semi finalists - Real Madrid, Barca and Bayern. I don't need to say or add anything else.

edit - If you want Real win, fair enough. But some of the bitterness and dare I say, anger from some folk towards Dortmund all of a sudden is hilarious.

Since Dortmund won the double last year, that kind of anger is growing...and it's just some ridiculous jealousy, not more. not less :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
Advertisement