Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CPS Surveyors - won't refund fee..any help ?

Options
  • 12-04-2013 11:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi There,
    Am wondering if anyone has experience of getting a refund from these guys.
    We engaged them 2 years ago to get a reduction in our rates..big mistake..
    when nothing happend after 2 years, we asked for a refund..we also rang the rates office that had told us 'unofficially' nothing had been submitted.

After countless phonecalls, heated discussions and visits to their 'office', we got a 100e refund and since then nothing.

Am at the end of my tether with these guys but like every business we can't afford to right off the bad debt. Espeically when they did nothing..

Has anyone experience of getting a refund from these ? Am considering employing a debt collection agency at this stage.

Any help would be be greatly appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Thread about them here...

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=82825524

Personally, I'd go to these guys, although they could be just as bad! :mad:

http://www.viperdebtrecovery.com/

Is there an equivalent of the Office of Fair Trading in Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭Chevy RV

Hello There,

Sorry to tell you but CPS are a COMPLETE scam outfit. There was a major half page article about them in the Sunday World about 3 months ago exposing them as such. The English guy in charge is a scam artist wanted for such in the UK. It reckoned they got over a million in this scam.........!

PM me if you want to know more.

Regards,

Chevy RV

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Father Bear

Chevy RV wrote: »
    Hello There,

Sorry to tell you but CPS are a COMPLETE scam outfit. There was a major half page article about them in the Sunday World about 3 months ago exposing them as such. The English guy in charge is a scam artist wanted for such in the UK. It reckoned they got over a million in this scam.........!

PM me if you want to know more.

Regards,

Chevy RV
    Yes. I was one of the victims.. They employed a local lad from the area ..He believed in what he was doing..selling a rates reduction process..I paid them
    €1,300 on a refund basis if no reduction.
    Here is one of the e mails ..I have removed my name for privacy purposes !

Sent: 08 April 2013 13:53
    To: XXXXXXXXXXX
    Subject: Re: Message from XXXXXXXXX Rating appeal

Hi XXXXXXX,
    Your surveys were carried out on 01/07/11 and your appeals were lodged on 25/11/11.
    The allotted time for the Valuation office to satisfactorily act on your appeal is 6 months.
    I understand the basis of your calculations and although we may agree the fact is that the rent used as a factor in establishing your rateable value is the open market rent. The open market rent is used as it is considered most fair as if your actual rent paid was considered and you for example, were renting from a relation and paying a pepper corn rent it would not be a reasonable factor to consider in establishing your rating liability.
    However, as we benefit from a percentage of your savings rest assured the maximum savings will be sought.
    As per our letter dated 05/02/13 please transfer the tribunal application fees of €300 and €95, a total of €395 to our following AIB account:
    Sort-933562
    Account No-26277063
    Swift/Bic-AIBKIE2D
    Iban-IE29AIBK93356226277063
    We would prefer a transfer as opposed to a cheque as we are in the process of moving offices and have experienced some problems with An Post.
    Upon receipt we shall proceed accordingly and it means we will have your reduction within approx. 60 days as the tribunal notifies us of the date of the hearing normally within 30 days of the application and the date of the hearing is normally within 30 days thereof.

Kind Regards,
    Tony Fleming
    Director
    CPS Surveyors

Sent: 12 March 2013 18:27
    To: xxxxxxxxxxxx
    Subject: Re: Message from xxxxxxxxxx. Rating appeal

Thank you for your reply, XXXXXXXXX.
    It is now really rather much more simple than you may imagine.
    The Valuation office has 6 months to satisfactorily conclude your appeal and as they have not done such we have advised to go to tribunal.
    The tribunal will set aside your valuation based on the Valuation office not acting on your appeal in the allotted time, it is as simple as that, now.
    We strongly dispute your statement concerning an MCC as occupiers have a statutory right to appeal and the grounds of appeal are ir-relevant at this stage.
    I re-iterate it is no longer of a matter of an appeal to the Valuation office and most of your comments are in relation to the national re-valuation, regardless.
    Please find attached our terms of engagment and note that you agreed to pay the relevant application fees although we actually paid the lodgement fees for you which were €500 and we did not request such from you. Therefore, we consider it fair and reasonable for you to pay the tribunal application fees.
    You will also note on our terms of engagment that we would refund if we considered no savings can be made. In you case, we do consider savings can be made.
    We await your instructions.
    Regards,
    Tony Fleming
    Director
    CPS Surveyors

• Registered Users Posts: 42 dub3075

These guys are crooks. I don't know how they have been getting away with this for so long. Not sure where they are operating from now. It was Parkgate street but they have been gone from there since Jan.

A lot more information here http://www.topix.com/forum/world/ireland/TE6N56O20QK2K8KEU

Advertisement