Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Regina Spektor, Olympia, August 19th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭Oleg Luzhny

I only found about this when I saw this thread. Thank you! I nearly died. I love Regina Spektor. And the Olympia too.

I had a look on Twitter and apparently the tickets were meant to be on sale this morning, but the announcement was cancelled at the request of the promoter. Hopefully it still happens! I'd say that it will, but we'll just have to wait a bit until there's another announcement.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,734 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

Probably postponed the onsale date until such time as they actually build some awareness. Once it goes ahead, I'll be happy. I've not seen her since the Tripod show - I didn't go to the David Gray gig in the O2 where she did the support slot, though I know some people went solely to see her.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Challo

Great to see this thread, I thought I'd imagined it!

Yeah the TM alert email came through yesterday (first I'd heard about it) that tickets would be on sale at 9am but it seemed to be down off the TM website by last night.

Looks like she's doing a European tour around August anyway so hopefully it will work out. Mon 19th August was provisional date.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭dearg lady

eeeek! Fingers crossed!

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Evil Sausage

https://twitter.com/mcd_productions/status/324069604227940352
    MCD Productions ‏@mcd_productions

REGINA SPEKTOR has just announced a show at The Olympia Theatre on August 19th! Tickets on-sale this Friday at 9am!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Best news in ages. My favourite artist on the planet, I don't care if I have to go on my own (friends lack the same musical taste as I do) I will be there. So excited!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Brilliant, bday present for the OH sorted :)

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭Oleg Luzhny

REGIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!!!! :)

Hey guys can u get a bit of help? I'm not that used to buying tickets online from ticket master so I'm wondering what is a pre sale? How does it differ from a regular sale date? Also will there be a charge from ticket master outside of the €44?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

Hey guys can u get a bit of help? I'm not that used to buying tickets online from ticket master so I'm wondering what is a pre sale? How does it differ from a regular sale date? Also will there be a charge from ticket master outside of the €44?

A pre-sale is where a limited number of tickets are available early through O2 (for The O2), MCD or the artist's fan club/website. Also, you can be guaranteed that TM will add on a charge to the advertised price.

• Advertisement

Best news in ages. My favourite artist on the planet, I don't care if I have to go on my own.

Absolutely nothing wrong with going on your own. In fact, better to go on your own than to go with someone unfamiliar with (or unappreciative of) Regina. :)

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

JJ wrote: »
    A pre-sale is where a limited number of tickets are available early through O2 (for The O2), MCD or the artist's fan club/website. Also, you can be guaranteed that TM will add on a charge to the advertised price.

Given that I'm not with O2 and would probably find maneuvering thriugh the website pretty difficult I'd say I will be going the Ticketmaster route on Friday.

btw would you have any estimations on the charge? It's just I'm kinda hoping to get the money in the bank today.

Thanks for your help.:)

Absolutely nothing wrong with going on your own. In fact, better to go on your own than to go with someone unfamiliar with (or unappreciative of) Regina. :)

I've never gone to a gig on my own before but I think you are spot on. What would be the point of dragging people along if they don't appreciate the brilliance of the artist?

I find it the same thing with going to the cinema. Why bring along someone who you know wont enjoy the movie you are going in to see only to have them tut along beside you the whole way through it.

I'm definitely not missing things that I really enjoy for the sake of other people.

Given that I'm not with O2 and would probably find maneuvering thriugh the website pretty difficult I'd say I will be going the Ticketmaster route on Friday.

btw would you have any estimations on the charge? It's just I'm kinda hoping to get the money in the bank today.

Thanks for your help.:)

I only mentioned O2 because they have regular pre-sale offers but only for gigs at The O2. They wouldn't be in charge of the pre-sale for this gig. Regarding service charges, this doesn't say for certain:

http://www.ticketmaster.ie/h/service_charges.html

but aim for somewhere around €5 per ticket, could be more, could be less. My service charge for a €44.50 Longitude ticket was €5.55.

I only mentioned O2 because they have regular pre-sale offers but only for gigs at The O2. They wouldn't be in charge of the pre-sale for this gig. Regarding service charges, this doesn't say for certain:

http://www.ticketmaster.ie/h/service_charges.html

but aim for somewhere around €5 per ticket, could be more, could be less. My service charge for a €44.50 Longitude ticket was €5.55.

Great stuff mate. Compared to some of the prices you see for gigs in Ireland, I'm pretty delighted with €44.05 and then the extra charge.

Ticketmaster mention a pre-sale for this gig that was supposed to start about a 1/2 hour ago but I don't see any mention of it anywhere else. I went to her website, her FB page and MCD's FB page. Looks like it could be a misprint by TM.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭superb choice of username

Pretty exciting, very exciting in fact! I can't see any information about a presale. I'm imagine it would be posted on her site / facebook if it was the case?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭NothingMan

Ticketmaster mention a pre-sale for this gig that was supposed to start about a 1/2 hour ago but I don't see any mention of it anywhere else. I went to her website, her FB page and MCD's FB page. Looks like it could be a misprint by TM.

At least if no one can find the presale we all have the same chance on Friday. I don't think it should be an issue though.

NothingMan wrote: »
    At least if no one can find the presale we all have the same chance on Friday. I don't think it should be an issue though.

I reckon if I can't find any info about this supposed pre-sale, nobody can. It must be a misprint by TM.

They're may have been a fan club sale external to ticketmaster perhaps? Either way, I'll be online at 9 tomorrow grabbing a couple of tickets. Saw her in the red box? A fee years ago and one of the best gigs I've been to. Looking forward to this one.

• Advertisement

That was the Tripod though Red Box was the previous name of that venue. That was a great gig even though there were some severe climate control issues in the venue that night. I'm glad we finally have another Regina headline gig. It was nice to see her in The O2 but I didn't care much for David Gray.

That was the Tripod though Red Box was the previous name of that venue. That was a great gig even though there were some severe climate control issues in the venue that night. I'm glad we finally have another Regina headline gig. It was nice to see her in The O2 but I didn't care much for David Gray.

Ha, that does remind me, we were standing against a wall at the left and I was constantly leaning against the stones becasue they were a little cool. A testemant to Regina that I remember a great gig and not a sweat box.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭WithCheesePlease

Ha, that does remind me, we were standing against a wall at the left and I was constantly leaning against the stones becasue they were a little cool. A testemant to Regina that I remember a great gig and not a sweat box.

Yeah, I remember that gig and just standing there dripping with sweat! I thought it was because they turned the A/C off because the gig itself was so quiet and you could hear the hum of the A/C any brief moment it clicked in? I could very easily be wrong though. But yeah, that was one of the best gigs I have ever been to. She's incredible, simple as. I just remember her on her tod going from one spot on the stage to another depending on how she was performing the next song and absolutely killing every song she did. Unreal.

I was freaking out last Friday when it came to 9am and there was no sign of tickets - I was sure I was missing something and was going to miss out! I'll be poised and ready come 9am tomorrow morning. There's no way I'm missing out on seeing her.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

How quickly do we reckon this will sell out?

(curse that habit of spending all my pay in the first two weeks of the month)

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭fishtastico

I am ludicrously excited about this gig. She was brilliant in the O2

maximoose wrote: »
    How quickly do we reckon this will sell out?

(curse that habit of spending all my pay in the first two weeks of the month)

Hard to say. She has a very loyal following but not sure how big. Was packed in the Tripod but it's a much smaller venue. The upper circle in the Olympia rarely sells out but that's because it's a sh!te place to be for a gig. Hope you get sorted anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭peking97

The upper circle in the Olympia rarely sells out but that's because it's a sh!te place to be for a gig.

So where do you reckon are the most desireable seats......and before you ask, yes we need seats as we're into our golden years but still big RS fans?

The first floor seats (circle) are excellent. They reach close to the stage and if you can get close to the front there you're laughing. The upper circle is a lot higher and generally not reserved seating.

Woo, tickets in the bag. Don't think it will be a 5 minute sell out job but got my standing tickets.

• Advertisement

Got two standing also. :)

Advertisement