Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Regina Spektor, Olympia, August 19th

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭WithCheesePlease

2 standing tickets got. This has put me in such great form!! :)
    I am ludicrously excited about this gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Just got a circle seat. Ridiculously excited about this, something of a dream come through.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭superb choice of username

Got tickets too, going to be deadly!!! And just long enough away to forgot that sour feeling caused by paying that €4.80 admin fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Got two tickets, woohoo \o/

(Somehow managed to buy Circle instead of standing though, ffs. Oh well, might get lucky with a toutless exchange before it!)

Was just printing off my tickets and noticed the support act is listed already:

Only Son

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭Oleg Luzhny

That's her husband, Jack Dishel. He performs under the name "Only Son".

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭jaydoxx

Anyone know where the best place to get a ticket might be? There's none around at the moment as far as I can see, but hopefully closer to the gig date. I will die if I can't get one :P

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭Oleg Luzhny

Keep checking Toutless over the next month and a half:

http://www.toutless.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=17631

And try #ticketfairy on Twitter too.

Good luck! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭jaydoxx

Thanks a million! You just potentially saved a life JK but still, appreciate it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

I hadn't realised this sold out. I thought it probably would but maybe closer to the time.

• Advertisement

If anyone would like to check Toutless, you might see at least one standing ticket available for this gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭NothingMan

Almost forgot about this gig. Looking forward to it now :).

Regina canceled her Austria gig, which is on tomorrow, due to a migraine headache, but there's no word of the Dublin gig being canceled.

The Dublin gig should be going ahead according to her recent FB post:

https://www.facebook.com/reginaspektor/posts/10151525730706389

Hi!
    I'm at the airport now, on my way to catch up to the tour (couldn't get on the bus last night but I'm feeling a lot better...) I am so sorry to have missed the Austrian show at Frequency Festival. The festival organizers were amazing at helping me- they sent doctors to my hotel room 3 times over the course of the day- the doctors were kind and gave me IV fluids and pain medication injections- one of the doctors even did acupuncture, but the migraine was too severe. I couldn't keep even a sip of water down and the pain was crazy. I've had migraines for most of my life and have worked hard to control them. On days I couldn't- I played shows while having one- it's hard but possible, and usually the good energy from the crowd helps a lot... I had hoped I could get through it yesterday but the level of pain was just bizarre- I thought my brain was exploding. I really appreciate all the well wishes- I'm a lot better today- though it feels like someone played football with my brain... I'm wishing everyone good health! I'm sorry so many of you get them too- they suck so bad! 2 out of the 5 doctors I saw yesterday get them- there's too many people in the world with hurting brains!!! It's really amazing how you can take simple things for granted- I'm so glad to be able to walk around and look at the sunshine again...Take care and all best wishes, regina

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Bottleopener

Saw her live at Sziget last week. Very good set from her, would love to be seeing her again!

Seems she's in fine form today, she posted this pic on Instagram:

http://instagram.com/p/dMBLfqJABt

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Challo

Last night was fantastic. I have a girl crush :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Brilliant gig last night, "Samson" was such a great end. Met her afterwards and she was so nice, signed autographs and took pictures with those who waited outside.

Really enjoyed it, and I'm not even a fan really!

Also, hats off to the guy at the edge of the circle who was giving it stacks during All the Rowboats :pac:

Brilliant gig last night, "Samson" was such a great end. Met her afterwards and she was so nice, signed autographs and took pictures with those who waited outside.

Everybody singing along to Samson at the end was amazing. I think it's safe to say she was overwhelmed by all that. Hopefully that will remind her not to leave it too long between Dublin gigs. I remember her hubby said he'd be around after the gig. I don't think I would've been able to stick around too long afterwards though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Evil Sausage

maximoose wrote: »
    Also, hats off to the guy at the edge of the circle who was giving it stacks during All the Rowboats :pac:

Saw that guy as well, goin mad for it he was!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭NothingMan

JJ wrote: »
    Everybody singing along to Samson at the end was amazing. I think it's safe to say she was overwhelmed by all that. Hopefully that will remind her not to leave it too long between Dublin gigs. I remember her hubby said he'd be around after the gig. I don't think I would've been able to stick around too long afterwards though.

He was out in the lobby as I was walking out a minute after Regina finished. Wouldn't have been waiting long.

Advertisement