Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Air nozzle split/cracked?

• 12-04-2013 11:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭

Hi lads, I've recently discovered a split/crack on the air nozzle!

It has brought the Fps down a little bit and it still fires straight and true. It seems stable enough and no more wear has happened since I noticed it. What I want to know if its not effecting anything and I don't mind the slight Fps drop as its my spare to my main gun, is it going to last or is it worth just changing it out for a new one?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,746 ✭✭✭DeBurca

It is always best practice to replace worn/broken parts but for now if you are happy with slight loss of FPS then why not wait until it causes you trouble

If you do decide to replace it you will need to split the gearbox to do so and you could also take the opportunity give the gearbox the once over and re-lube check shimming etc

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭Trebob

DeBurca wrote: »
    It is always best practice to replace worn/broken parts but for now if you are happy with slight loss of FPS then why not wait until it causes you trouble

If you do decide to replace it you will need to split the gearbox to do so and you could also take the opportunity give the gearbox the once over and re-lube check shimming etc

Cheers DB, think il just leave it until it effects any trajectory or looses any more Fps she should be grand for a while so :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭T4RGET

Trebob wrote: »
    Cheers DB, think il just leave it until it effects any trajectory or looses any more Fps she should be grand for a while so :D

the main thing to watch out for is if it does crack more it may not only damage the air nozzle but also the insides of the gearbox depending on how it breaks apart and where it ends up. Also if it breaks oddly and it changes shape it can damage the hop up chamber, some things to consider before disregarding repairing it altogether, other than that what DeBurca should still apply :)

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭Trebob

T4RGET wrote: »
    the main thing to watch out for is if it does crack more it may not only damage the air nozzle but also the insides of the gearbox depending on how it breaks apart and where it ends up. Also if it breaks oddly and it changes shape it can damage the hop up chamber, some things to consider before disregarding repairing it altogether, other than that what DeBurca should still apply :)

Thanks T4RGET! Il bear it in mind and keep a close eye in it if and when I use it again I may just change it out to avoid anything else going wrong then again maybe not :D thanks guys

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭T4RGET

Trebob wrote: »
    Thanks T4RGET! Il bear it in mind and keep a close eye in it if and when I use it again I may just change it out to avoid anything else going wrong then again maybe not :D thanks guys

if you can take it apart and have a spare one, my advice is to so. regardless my advice remains the same but i appreciate that not everyone can take a gearbox apart, nor have the money :(.
    Like you said keep an eye on it :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement