Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Going to view apartment share - ad taken down already

Options
  • 12-04-2013 12:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭

I'd like to get some opinions on this if possible please.

Yesterday I rang to make an appoint to view an apartment to share with one other person. So I'm going to see it tomorrow.

The ad had been on daft for a good few weeks but I looked today just to have a quick look at the room again and she's taken it down already.

I'm kind of wondering does the lady even want to share as I had rung on Monday and left a message but got no call back. I rang again yesterday just in case they didn't get the message blah blah whatever and she said the room was still available.

So I'm gonna view it anyway but I'd hate to be in a situation where I'd move in and she'd change her mind 2 months later :eek:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,946 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Lucyx wrote: »
    I'd like to get some opinions on this if possible please.

Yesterday I rang to make an appoint to view an apartment to share with one other person. So I'm going to see it tomorrow.

The ad had been on daft for a good few weeks but I looked today just to have a quick look at the room again and she's taken it down already.

I'm kind of wondering does the lady even want to share as I had rung on Monday and left a message but got no call back. I rang again yesterday just in case they didn't get the message blah blah whatever and she said the room was still available.

So I'm gonna view it anyway but I'd hate to be in a situation where I'd move in and she'd change her mind 2 months later :eek:

Ehh. I think she would have said 'its not available' if it wasnt available.

Go see it. and best of luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,716 ✭✭✭LittleBook

Lucyx wrote: »

As far as I know you have to pay to advertise on Daft. If the ad had been up for "a good few weeks" maybe the subscription ran out and Daft took it down, not her.

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭Lucyx

Went to see apartment....wow what a kip. I'll need to keep looking.

Apparently on daft the ads need to be refreshed every week or so. Thats why it was gone :-)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

If an ad has been on daft for weeks then you can sure it's not worth your time.

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭Lucyx

If an ad has been on daft for weeks then you can sure it's not worth your time.

very very true :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
Advertisement